Will u not b stressed oso???

vion

PILs staying together with me has make it ever so easy to hear words like "cos they stay with u ma", "cos u r at home ma" Gradually their parents became mine. FIL's very sick, I dun tk care of him physically except occasionally lend a hand to assist him to the room.

When there's a need for someone to help "dispensed" PILs' daily medicines cos MIL gets confused, they conveniently spoke in the same tone "cos u stay with them ma".

When came the need to employ maid (maid issues) to help with taking care of FIL to ease MIL's burden, I conveniently became the one running ard looking for suitable ones cos they staying with me ma...

When nurse/doc from HCA Hospice Care were brought in to come assess FIL on weekly basis, I became the one who shld wait at home n inform all FIL's children of the outcome of the review cos they stay here with me ma.

To mk things worse, all these were done with a "cos u r the DIL" thinking thus no appreciation cos I'm the DIL.

How's one supposed to feel when u r neither a nurse nor a doc but to face a sick, frail man everyday....I'm not a cold blooded living dead...I'm a human being...Am I wrong to feel stressed to hv to go thru tis everyday thou I'm not required to tk care of him?? It doesn't matter whether he's my father or his...there's a sick man tt I hv to face everyday tt they can all choose not to c.....

Their daughters...they all hv their own good enuff reasons not able to spend more time with them...their son, my dh has his good enuff reasons to come home late, to stay out with frens....but who am I?? An outsider staying together??? They rather not c him often to ease them the heart pain of seeing him sick...While I'm stuck at home all day expected to be all ready to do watever to help n dh conveniently turn around n asked y the hell I feel stressed??? Cos I'm not taking care of FIL n I'm not his dd then y am I stressed??? Am I telling him tt I feel sad when I c FIL like tt?? DH actually say tt....Wat the....

Nowadays, I could be waking up to c ppl sitting in my living rm. They were all relatives of dh, here to visit FIL. I kn FIL's sick n ppl wanna visit him when they can...But I'm oni asking for my own privacy oni...Couldn't MIL at least let me kn when she kn someone is coming over...OK if I'm sleeping, forget it, but if I'm not, y can't she juz tell me??? Apparently, it's wrong for me to tink so too...I'm wrong bcos FIL's very sick n ppl can juz come in n out whenever they like...wrong bcos I told my own dh abt my dismay tt was meant to b a passing remark...well i kn nothing's gonna change juz bcos i dun like it....

OK I'm juz EVIL to all of them OK?? Y r they all like tt??? Y tell me I'm not obliged to do anything while they can yet come to me with questions like "Y r u not at home??", "How come u dunno he fell down??" ....

:wemad::wemad::wemad:

Reactions: aby
M

^Mami_Jazz^

Hi Von,

i understand how u feel now. Your are shouldering the resposibilities to look after your fil. u r worried tat if anythg happen to him, u'l be blamed.

Your situation reminded me of my dh's granny. When she was sick, my mil was in your position & whole day grumbbling about looking after the then sickly granny until the day the granny passed away.

Frankly speaking, if i'm in your position i dun think i can cope like u. u r already doing your best to help but u need support fm other family members esp ur dh. My mil who is of older generation oso hv this grievances not to mention u.

When the granny was sick, my dh oso did not spend much time with her. He is very remorseful for not visiting her more when she was alive. But human always make this mistake "Treasure only when something is gone"

U can vent our your frustrations here but u need to hv a good talk wif ur Dh. U need a break before u breakdown. Good luck

xiaodaisy

sayang.. i tink u're great.. for mi i tink i crazy liao n would throw my temper at dh liao.. but sometimes maybe try to tell dh in a better way n let him know how stress u have been recently hopefully he can tink of ur feelings and show more concern for u.. take care..

vion

Thks Jazz. Thks Xiaodaisy.

In fact, I've been trying to tell dh how stressed I am. However, he juz dun get it. His pt is tt I'm a homemaker, wat stress could I hv?? He din asked me to tk care of his father, wat stress could I hv??

I shouldn't hv any stress cos, to him, I'm not doing anything. I shouldn't hv felt sadness when I c my FIL so sick cos, to him, I'm oni a DIL. :embarrassed:

xiaodaisy

haiz how can he feel tat way.. dil oso family wat maybe u tell him tat u care for fil tats why u see him sick u oso feel uncomfortable with it loh.. i mean at worse ,cry to seek his attention so he know how serious is it to u.. cheer up ^_^

aby

My dear VION!!!! Sayang!!! :wong19:love love..

I understand how u go through.. U r definitely not evil!! Pls do not use this word on urself, EVER!!! u'r so BIG hearted and accomodating.. We all know that ur situation is v v v tough..

My mom, till today, when she shared with her situation, very similar to yours right now, she's still emotional nad teary.. Thus I understand the frustrations n pain going thru all these at home.. Haiz, some ple are just SELFISH!!! They are more than happy, pple like u n my mom willing to take care of their mothers.. Haiz..

Vion!! You shall be greatly blesses.. Ur kids are watching you thus they learnt and influenced by ur wonderful examples too.. :red: Though I din witness my mom taking caring of my grandma as I was an infant then.. I totally salute my mom and am prepared to care for her when she needs me to..

Pls stay strong!!! Being a carer is definitely tough!!! Being a mommy is difficult enough.. :wong19:You have to give attention to ur ils and those relatives and children of them and somehow not being appreciated at times.. How hurtful they can be right? Ignore their rude and nasty remarks.. Train urself be deaf and blind to all their nonsenses.. Just smile, smile and smile.. Haha, be numb to those "10 mouths, 9 backsides" (chap cui gao ka chen) pple!!

GOD see their hearts and yours too!!

GOD will surely bless n reward you!! :red:

Talk ur grievances and frustrations out!! Pls never bottle them up!! Msn the mommies here.. You will feel much better and can move on each day..

Love, hugs and kissies, VION!!! Jia You!!

aby

Thks Jazz. Thks Xiaodaisy.

In fact, I've been trying to tell dh how stressed I am. However, he juz dun get it. His pt is tt I'm a homemaker, wat stress could I hv?? He din asked me to tk care of his father, wat stress could I hv??

I shouldn't hv any stress cos, to him, I'm not doing anything. I shouldn't hv felt sadness when I c my FIL so sick cos, to him, I'm oni a DIL. :embarrassed:
Haiz to all those hbs who cannot understand a homemaker's stress ah.. And many out there also commented: wow gd life ah.. tai tai..

I used to be offended and try to defend.. But not now.. Not point.. They can never understand a homemaker's life so don't bother to explain unless they are really keen to listen and really understand..

My hubby only fully understand when he witness me during the depression period.. Hiaz.. VION!!! pls don't fall into depression k.. Talk it out to us who understand.. Some pple just don't and they will brush you aside.. Yap, my hb used to think the same as yours.. Housewife got stress meh? We men work out there even more stress ah.. I used to quarrel with him alot.. And told him: let's change roles, i work, u stay home.. Now he understand fully and does all housework except cooking if I really busy..

Cheer up, VION!!! We love u!! Let's pray and hope all hbs can understand their wives fully!! :tlaugh:

vion

Thnks Xiaodaisy. Thnks Aby.

My dh is a hard nut to crack. By the way I'll b going for a counselling session at the FSC near my place tis coming Fri. I hope it helps. But then I doubt things will change if I were to go alone.

Haizzzz I wanna try not to do anything for them..... To dump those medications back to mil n tell her tt I'm juz a dil dun expect too much (after all tt's wat my dh mk me feel). I wanna hack care if mil has her lunch/dinner oredi... I wanna stop looking out for sounds tt comes from ILs' rm... I wanna forget n not get involved but it's all easier to say then done.

N I do tink I'm getting depressed more n more each day. But I'm trying very hard to keep out those negatives tots.

:wong14::wong7:

mummy serene

hi Vion,

I can understand how u feel as i m oso staying with my ils, jus cry out and u will feel better .

All we can do is to either tolerate, keep our ears deaf or voice out when 1 day u rili cant tolerate.

Always speak up when u r feeling down to all mummies, n not letting your mood to become depression, coz i had experience b4, its scary.

lastly, i felt u r a great dil.

Cheers

aby

hi Vion,

I can understand how u feel as i m oso staying with my ils, jus cry out and u will feel better .

All we can do is to either tolerate, keep our ears deaf or voice out when 1 day u rili cant tolerate.

Always speak up when u r feeling down to all mummies, n not letting your mood to become depression, coz i had experience b4, its scary.

lastly, i felt u r a great dil.

Cheers
Yes agree with serene!!! Depression is SCARY!!!!

So VION!!! Hang it there!! Cheer up!! Get out of the house and so air yourself with some fresh air outside.. You'll feel better!!!

Never blame yourself n shake those -ve thoughts away!! Praying for you.. :wong19:

Agnes Josephine

Hi Vion

1st of all, hugz~ to you..

I'm staying with my inlaws too... Just as what Serene says, 1 ear in, 1 ear out... Just think positively... Your dh will soon understand your stand... Don't worry... :)

xiaodaisy

vion.. why don wanna ask dh along.. it won do u much help if u going urself cos after tat u go home u will be stressed again why not ask dh go along.. really muz take care wor.. ur dd needs u more den anyone ok.. ^_^

vion

Thks Mummyserene. Thks AJ.

Xiaodaisy, I doubt dh will wanna go with me. However, dh oredi kn tt I'm going for the counselling. I was encouraged to go for tis counselling by the social worker from the HCA Hospice Care where they send nurse over to visit FIL weekly. The social worker referred me to be counselled for marital problems...

vion

dearie.. how is it now?? better liao not??
Abt the couselling session?? Well, I dunno. At the end of the couselling session, the counsellor ask wat do I wanna get from the counselling session. She oso asked how I need/wan them to help. I told her I dunno. I'm juz confused tt's all. N she asked me to call her back in 2 wks time to tell her if I still wanna go for counselling.

As for dh, the "cold war" is still on.....:wong10::wong10::wong10:

vion

My MIL wanted to get all her medications from me today....She wanna handle her medications herself. 2nd SIL came over to go thru all the medicines with MIL. I passed FIL's medicines to her as well. Maybe dh asked her to tk them bk....

xiaodaisy

den let dem be.. jolly well den at least u no need to be stress over it.. but maybe go for a few more sessions loh, as for dh maybe u wanna try to give him a little to him so try to talk to him.. or not give him cold shoulders.. lolxx