Will u not b stressed oso???

BunnyKiss

Vion, take some time off. All work and no play makes Jack dull. You've been working 24 hours non-stop a day and the cycle repeats the next day.

Tell ur SIL to come and help out on weekends, and so you can go out and breath some fresh air. U'r simply too tired...

Hope everything is well with you..

vion

I'm back to tis topic again....but tis time really less stressful lor......

N sad to say......much of the stress were gone with the death of my FIL (my FIL passed away on Children's Day)

I almost collapse on the day of cremation....mainly cos I was almost totally stressed out. I stayed up almost every nite during the wake. I ran errand cos I'm the oni DIL ard. I took over the responsibilities of handling all the money matters which I din wanna b involved if given a choice (but dh asked me to handle saying tt den he'll hv one thing lesser to worry abt).

Many behaviours tt I feel was really absurb happened. However, with oni 1 thing in mind (tt's to get over with the wake in a peaceful manner), dh n I kept quiet abt tis behaviours.

On the day of cremation, my frens were there to support me thru out the process (I'm grateful of tt).

DH's uncle suggested praying for FIL at home which I told DH in private tt it might b difficult for MIL (cos MIL has her own health prob n oso had depression b4) to hv to face FIL's photo every day. But when I oso shared tis with one of my sils, I was accused of being unfillial (cos she tink I dun wanna pray for FIL). Haiz....

Now they come over every sat to pray for FIL n will be doing it for 7 wks. N sils were asked by MIL to help with some housework. Tis make one of my sil constantly tellng me tt tis oso her hse too... Wat the....

Anyway, my life is more peaceful now. Will try to chat with MIL who kept saying tt she's got nothing to do since FIL passed away.

Endoh

Alpha Male
Such are modern marriages and family relationships these days, because everywhere I go I hear stories of how family relationships gone sour after marriage.

The disappointing thing about our new age society as it grows, is how children are beginning to neglect their old parents and expect someone else to take care of them. True, everyone has a job and often busy with work in this highly stressed country but it can't be 24 hours at work.

I once attended a PR conference in New York, one of the guest speaker is the PR manager for several Hollywood artistes and US Senators. In it, he spoke the golden words about how he dealt with clients, no point changing the hardware (human) - change the HEARTware instead. Bringing the same philosophy back to your situation, no point having them to come back when their hearts of caring for their own parents are missing.

The only comfort we can draw is, usually old parents don't have many more years to go. This is the least we can do for them. Sometimes thinking about it this way seems to get rid of the stress a little.