Will you feel depress?

JJ2011

Hi, all mummies,

i m bf n give formula for my bb.It almost 2 months already. But I feel frustrated & stress & feel like crying while pumping or bf (he not satisfy after bf). Dunno is due to tiring or hormone issues.. My mind keeps thinking of giving up bf but i struggle of doing that.
What should I do?Am i sick?

hi mummy

you are not sick, for sure...
but perhaps too stress until you are depress..

i faced the same issue as you too.. like keep wanting to give bb the best (bm) but yet not able to satisfy him.
and felt so tired bcoz each session could last so long (more than 30 mins), yet he is not full and after a short while, he wants to have milk again.

i know alot of mummies will ask you to perserve bf as this is the best way to encourage milk flow...

but for me, bcoz if i keep on this way, i'll feel more stress and tired and eventually these factors will also affect the flow.
therefore, i end up expressing the milk out to feed him.

at least happy for baby and happy for mummy.

jia you k !

Tannie

Hi u r not alone... I am struggling too... My gal is now 11wks... ESP when she fuss at breast, cry after sucking for no reason, bite my nipple,... I felt so tire and wana give up, u can never know when ur flow is too fast or too slow, sometime engorded breast...but hubby keep wanting me to continue breast feed. Sometimes we quarrel because of this issue, he is not the one feeding, he will not understand what I go thru... Now I starting to train her bottle feed and hope that things will get better... Going to stop totally once I go back to work.

pixie

Don't be despair or feel depressed. You are not alone and you are not sick!

I was hoping to breastfeed my daughter and after we both were discharged from the hospital, I was so happy that for the first time I can breastfeed my girl and even started to pump milk to store them up for my girl. Not forgetting of having engorged breasts! But I was unable to produce sufficient breastmilk and baby was crying and always searching for my nipples looking out for more milk which is kind of made my heartache and frustrated.

After 1 week, I noticed that my milk supply has reduced and at this stage, I have decided to just give formula to my girl. I know those mummies who are still nursing their kid(s) until they are 2 years old or so are proud of their ability to do so and good for them. However, for me, I will not insist of breastfeeding when 1) my milk supply is always low 2) seeing my baby on hunger all the time.

Pick your choice - if you persist and continue with breastfeed+ formula feeding, go on and hope that your frustrations will go away. Or else, think carefully if you want to switch total formula. Btw, the supply of breastmilk more or less is determined by your emotion; if you are constantly depress, you can't produce/lactate sufficiently.

Last edited:

JJ2011

Hi u r not alone... I am struggling too... My gal is now 11wks... ESP when she fuss at breast, cry after sucking for no reason, bite my nipple,... I felt so tire and wana give up, u can never know when ur flow is too fast or too slow, sometime engorded breast...but hubby keep wanting me to continue breast feed. Sometimes we quarrel because of this issue, he is not the one feeding, he will not understand what I go thru... Now I starting to train her bottle feed and hope that things will get better... Going to stop totally once I go back to work.

Hi, tannie,
my hubby also say is very easy, keep bf. Men dun understand this.
I have get the pills to stop bf (bt i still struggle to bf bb or not). sometime feel guilty to stop bf. struggling all the time..But when bf, i wl feel depress n sometime wl think y am i want to give birth (i m xiao liao)
i told my hubby, mayb u wl c the news of a mummy bring the bb n jump off frm hdb..
they say everything wl b back to normal after stop bf..

breadgal

Same here.. My baby is oso on bm & fm but on fm more as bm can't satisfied him.. Before his feed I will let him latch on 1st then feed him with fm.. At least I did try 2 bf..
For my 1st child he's on totally fm as I suffered quite bad from cracked & sore nipples.. Life was so miserable then.. Everytime when it's feeding time I'll shiver in fear.. Imagine nipples already wounded still need to feed N not forgetting endless of nursing.. But he still grow up well & healthy on fm.. Do wat u think is e best..
Cheers..

Tannie

Yap I hate it when baby bite or pull my nipple, cry while nursing as if I did anything wrong...Engorded breast out of the blue... I am glad that I am stating bottle feed n fm soon once my expressed milk run out.

JJ2011, try using cold cabbage to compress ur breast to stop milk supply instead of taking pill. Sometimes I also think why I so stupid give birth to suffer... ESP when breast feeding in middle of night n hubby is sound asleep...and when baby cry they keep saying baby hungry, feed feed feed!!!!

I think breast feeding is giving u depression, change to fm then. A lot of my cols n friends also did not breast feed, their children grow up fine, so dun be so hush on yourselves.

andieluv2

i am also having low supply. baby is 7wks old and i am pumping every 3-4hrsly and will get abt 50-70 mls and feed her and top up the rest with formula. i know its difficult and tiring. but no matter wat, i try my best to give her watever i can. even if its juz 10mls!! 3wks ago i managed to juz pump 30mls every 3-4hrly but now 50-70. sometimes will hit 80-90. juz keep trying my dear. i oso hardly latch her on.bcoz i dun hear her swallow so.i rather pump out and let her drink so i kmow she definitely did drink that amt. but of course if less latch the.flow will.come slower. but slower dpesnt mean it wont come. if u latch and pump and u tired out and stress then the flow will decrease oso. so its up to u tp see which suits u better... good luck.

lyra

I guess it's just the hormonal imbalance post pregnancy. I have good milk supply for baby but I still can find issues to trouble and get depressed about! Haha. Anyway, now that baby is 9 months, everything is better and I'm enjoying baby and motherhood. All I'm trying to say is all these will past and you'll be a happy mama once again! Go back to your previous happy activities you enjoy. I go for late night movies with hubby and good food once in a while. No reasons to stop all these when we become mothers but of course we must find good caregivers for baby when we are out.

Gif

u are not sick..just sad. i am seeing a counselor too cos i feel same. If can just persist, if too sad, formula. A sad me will affect husband too. Better a happy formula mum then a bitter breast feeding mum.

andieluv2

Gif:678436 said:
u are not sick..just sad. i am seeing a counselor too cos i feel same. If can just persist, if too sad, formula. A sad me will affect husband too. Better a happy formula mum then a bitter breast feeding mum.
oh i love wat u said: a happy formula mum better than a bitter breastfeeding mum. if u need help, then get help. dun nees to fuss.over it and make urself miserable bcoz iys all not worth it. ur baby doesnt really know he/she is drinking formula or bm. as long as its food and makes the baby grow, its good food!!!

thru this new role in motherhood, i realised no mayter how well u plan or prepared urself for motherhood, u are sure to be taken aback and overwhelmed in the first place. i tell myself its oki if things doesnt turn out the way i want. even thou i cant bf exclusively, but at least i try hard enough and i dont regret. so my nxt pregnancy, i make sure i dun wear underwire bra (which i stupidly did previoisly until 3rd trim), eat more fish, make sure i keep drinking papaya.soup during my pregnancy, stop all cold drinks(ppl say.cold stuff will deplete milk flow) and all... and if it works well fpr my 2nd one.. its.something i accomplish and i am proud of it!!! try to think positively my dear...

yu021984

If there is the one who can lean on to you to stay with you in bad times and in good times you will not feel depress. :):001_302:

mummy0001

Please still continue latching, coz that's the only way u can give to your baby,
so that she can feel your love as a mother :)

ajcy

Don't give up! I understand your frustration as I am also low supply even with latching + pumping but over the weeks it is slowly getting better, slowly but surely!

Keep hydrated! It helps me...