Wondering would 6mo baby suddenly get nipple confusion?

Gwynne

Hi mummies,

Im kinda sad cos my girl suddenly started refusing to latch this week. Previously, I used to latch her after work till she fell asleep and before I went back to work, she had been on direct latch all along.
Was wondering if she would suddenly get nipple confusion at this age cos previously she was fine with both bottle and nipple! She is also teething right now. I dun wanna miss out the special bonding with her while bfing her which keeps me persisting bfing her till now.

msck

Mine is like tt. Used to be able to latch her after work non weekends.. Butnow.. She will cry n turn away when i offer her my nipple... Feel so sad n rejected. She only drinks from bottle now... Shes going to be 6th mth old.

ast0212

Sometimes babies can go through periods of breast refusal or breast strike. Keep offering breasts and they'll be back to it eventually :)

Gwynne

Mine is like tt. Used to be able to latch her after work non weekends.. Butnow.. She will cry n turn away when i offer her my nipple... Feel so sad n rejected. She only drinks from bottle now... Shes going to be 6th mth old.
Yeah it's so demoralizing seeing them rejecting us! Your girl also recently started to be like this?

Gwynne

Sometimes babies can go through periods of breast refusal or breast strike. Keep offering breasts and they'll be back to it eventually :)
I really hope so!! Breastfeeding is indeed tough! After the initial stage there may still be other sets of problems x.x

msck

ya lo... sigh. mine started soon after I back to work. I only started working in Jan. so I blamed it on the long hour at work... 6-7pm.. so guess she's really on breast strike.

saddded

msck

we went out the other day w a small bottle w expressed milk. she was very hungry n finished it in no time. and after tt she still very hungry, so I brought her to nursing room.

then she refused to be latched n she even bite it. =(

Gwynne

Hmm really hope tt baby will eventually not reject breast soon! The bonding is priceless. I'm hoping it's because she is teething that's why going on breast strike.