Working Mummies, when u start your Maternity Leave??

MummyJan

This is my 1st pregnancy, have no idea when to start my maternity leave. Some o my friends advise me to get a week earlier for my edd.

Working mummies, any advise?!!

MummyJan

Ya, I also wants to spend more time with my newborn.

Just cant imagine if I suddenly wanna deliver while working...

Normally will baby turns out early than edd?

yes, usually babies tend to come out earlier, I took a few days of leave only cos I want to spend more time with my baby after she is born.

Triquetra

I am taking my maternity leave 3 weeks earlier.

I am working in the day, taking care of my daughter after work, having problems falling asleep at night and then waking up in the middle of the night to pee or make milk for my daughter. Totally drained!

I intend to only start preparing the baby stuffs during my maternity leave. Need to clear up some space for his stuffs, clean the room, do some last minute shopping and so on...

I also wish to spend some time with my daughter before her didi's arrival. I am afraid that baby will arrive early since his jiejie also arrived 8 days before EDD.

MummyJan

Hai~ if only we can kw when baby's willing to com out.....
So hard to gauge as some will be early & some will be late....

pixie

I worked until the week the baby was delivered. She's overdue by 4 days. I have chosen elective natural birth but ended up with an emergency c-section on a weekend (Sunday to be specified). Hence, my maternity leave started on a weekday.

I've colleagues who chose to start their maternity leave 1 week before their EDD.

shopaholic

I worked till I delivered. However, in my case, I had induction, so it was sorta easier to plan.

Just to share, for my #2, I even worked in the morning, went to see my gynae in the afternoon and admitted myself for induction thereafter. :)

knut29

i worked till i deliver too.. so i get to spent the most time with baby when she's born.. it's my first pregnancy, and i was overdue by 5 days.. it's sat, i went in to see gynae in the morning, then went into hospital for induction..

my mummy gave birth to her first child (my sister) past EDD too..

everyone is different.. my auntie gave birth 3 weeks in advance of EDD..

so, up to individual how they want to plan their ML.. some do some shopping before the delivery, so they took some days off in advance..

Chinese 7th month is near, I have ex-colleague who ask for inducation in advance of her EDD as she dont want her baby to be born during 7th month.. so for those who ask for induction in advance of EDD, it is easier to plan for the ML..

for those of us who waited for the call to deliver, it is harder to plan.. =s

Storyung

I worked until I delivered for every baby because I wanted to save all my maternity leave for after the baby is born.

redjn

For me not chance to apply for Materity Leave as BB comes earlier than expected :eek:
But my original plan was 1 week before my due delivery.
It's good to save as much as u can for after birth usage as u know there will be couple of visit for injections.