Working mums

silkpro

I want to be a good mother and a responsible employee at the same time. I know my child is top priority, but feel bad when I need to take urgent leave when child fall sick. I will also worry about what my boss think. I feel as bad if I go to work and leave child to caretaker. What do you think?

bingtingyin

I want to be a good mother and a responsible employee at the same time. I know my child is top priority, but feel bad when I need to take urgent leave when child fall sick. I will also worry about what my boss think. I feel as bad if I go to work and leave child to caretaker. What do you think?
Hello, i feel u. me hv been wrking mummy for 5yrs. i gt 2 girl n the youngest is 16mos. recently my #1 face study pro in school as teacher comments her reading n writing skill is nt good. i dun noe izziti i neglected her studies.

ur boss is those understand type? my lady boss is ok when she noe my girls is nt well. if too often on urgent leave she also not happy. but impt is i done my wrk on time n dun made mistake, she will be kind. the wrk load is making me tired n no energy to play with my girls.

lynntoh

You are entitled to Childcare and Childsick leave right. So dont think too much when you need to go on urgent leave cause ur child is sick. Because you cant foresee when will your child fall sick, therefore childsick is always last min urgent leave.

I guess, some bosses are compassionate while some are not, so it depends on your boss's characteristics and your company's culture. My co is very family oriented so I am still ok, the best I can do is try to avoid taking unnecessary annual leaves or urgent leaves for myself, so atleast if i need urgent leave for my child, it doesn't reflect too bad on me.