worrying bout breastmilk supply

clare chan

I noticed that my milk supply has decrease within these few days, perhaps might due to not feeling well after taking care of my 2 sick daughters, and im taking panadol, will panadol affect the milk supply, from each pump 90-120 ml decrease to each pump 60-80ml, im so depress n sad, each time going to pump my milk i feel so stressful.

twentydec

I noticed that my milk supply has decrease within these few days, perhaps might due to not feeling well after taking care of my 2 sick daughters, and im taking panadol, will panadol affect the milk supply, from each pump 90-120 ml decrease to each pump 60-80ml, im so depress n sad, each time going to pump my milk i feel so stressful.
hey, take more rest and drink plenty of fluid. dont get too stress up, as long as u pump/bf regular interval, the flow will return. :)

magdalenechoo

Mummy Clare_Chan,

Sorry to hear that Mummy.

Not feeling well, Stress, lack of sleep, didnt eat well, inproper latch, missed feeds... all these can lead to decrease of milk supply.
usually milk supply will be established by 4-6weeks after delivery, but, there are still cases where some established theirs beyond this time frame :)

dnt give up, its not the end. you will surely get your milk supply back! meanwhile pls feed your baby with every drop of milk you could pump - it is the world's best liquid gold!

by the way, which breastpump are you using currently?
if you r not using dual pump, then i think you should, to stimulate more milk supply by double pumping.

Happy beastfeeding, Mummy Clare_Chan!
Strive on! :001_302::001_302::001_302:

Last edited by a moderator: