WTA: Bpa free bottle

zaries

Hi all mummies hope u all can let me understand a bit more.

am having some AVENT bottles...but dunno is it BPA free..bght @2008yr n 2006yr...
now avent came out with those yellowish bttle..wad is e difference??

pls advise as if it's nt BPA free den i think i hv to buy new ones for my NB :( thanks

hi,

The BPA free ones are the yellowish bottles. They also come with a ring that is inserted on the bottle itself.

I was using the BPA free ones till recently cos they got so dirty looking no matter how i washed it so now i revert back to my normal ones.

zaries

means those tat i buy last time is all NOn bPA free :( sad have to change all my bttles den..:( but actually is it really harmful??or onli during sterilize?

XenXuan

Hi, i have both types of Avent milk bottles,the old transparant ones n the new yellowish ones.. cant tell/rem if its BPA free but the yellowish ones quality seems to be lousier than the old ones.. the old ones wont bend or scratch,dent no matter how u sterillize,easily washes off any milk residues n stains,juz rush water in n its clear,thou i still use the brush to clean it.. only the covers still remain same,will have a little dent on the side when my son bang it on the cot..

but the new yellowish ones ,newly opened i already felt the thickness is softer,i can actually squeeze the bottle body abit.. n it actually dented/scratched at the bottom when less than 1week usage.. yellowish ones said to reduce colic n helps baby sleeps better,i dont really see that in my son.. milk residues n stains r harder to rinse off as well,i had to use my brush to clear off the milk residues sticked on the bottle..

good thing i only have the new yellowish ones in 330ml size for my son.. i still have the other 2 smaller sizes bottles old white bottles brand new to use for my upcoming newborn..

gumbokins

I think 2006 bottles confirm not BPA free but the 2008 batch possibly, maybe...anyways I believe Avent BPA free bottles are either the honey tinted or the milky white 2-ring system type, the clear transparent type is not BPA free.

BPA is what makes plastic hard, thus yes, the honey tinted bottles which I am using currently does feel a tad thinner and 'softer'. But I don't find them any harder to clean or use.

BPA can disrupt your body's hormones and have been shown to affect reproduction and brain development in animal studie. While effect in humans is not known, some countries have actually sought to ban it. From my understanding, the chemical comes out when the plastic is heated.

Anyways I believe most of the baby bottles you buy now are BPA free. Whether or not you want to change is up to you....I dont sterilize my bottles (LOL) and try not to put very hot water in them.

XenXuan

Haha,will have to see how then.. I still got a few brand new white avent bottles,dunno if they r bpa-free.. will have to check on it again.. Maybe I will juz change all off.. If buy new ones,I will directly juz get the 2-3 260ml n 1 330ml bottles,i believe they have the bundle pack of 2 or 3 bottles which is cheaper.. the small 150ml or something bottle, maybe I will juz use another brand's oso new bpa-free bottle..

XenXuan

I juz went shopping yesterday n checked the avent brand bottles.. Realized both the new yellowish ones n old white transparent ones selling in stores r all BPA-free bottles.. I oso checked my storage,all those i bought since 2008-Oct brand new bottles n accessories r all BPA-free too.. Safe to use, I can juz use them n save $$$ again haha.. Reminded myself why I chose avent brand back then,BPA-free n much durable than others..

gumbokins

Good thing you checked before buying more :)

The AVENT botltle brush also quite good for cleaning, better than the usual cylinder brush.

Actually when I had my first child, I didn't know there were so many brands of baby bottles...it seemed that everyone I saw was using Avent so I just bought that brand...hahaha

XenXuan

Haha for me it was my mom n relatives told me avent brand good,she used it since me n my 2sisters borned.. Good reputable brand with good quality durable bottles that can keep for next kids usage(juz buy new teats).. thou the price is abit high back then,but for nowadays ,the price is still affordable to me.. I did checked other brands but still feel those r too fancy or too troublesome(diff sizes bottles with this n that,can't fit into milk warmers/bottle coolers/sterilizers/diff teats).. I go for those more practical n less fuzzy in parts n accessories baby products,saves alot time n effort to rest n take care baby more..