Yao Lan

angelwendy

Hi mummies... just wanna ask when did u stop ur child from sleeping in yao lan? & how old r they when u stop them? & what is the trick u did to stop? thanks:embarrassed:

apollo

I started to wean ash from yaolan since he was abt 9 or 10 mth old. my 'tactic' was, aft he fell aslp in yaolan, i slowly carry him out and place him on our bed and pat him to prevent him from waking up. I keep doing this for few mths. den slowly i let him slp on our bed or his mattress. Initially he cried v badly and insisted to slp in his yaolan. at times i got soft hearted and gave in but aft tt i didnt, just make him slp on his mattress and aft sometime, though he has successfully weaned off yaolan but he still tend to cry abit before napping. Lucky that is just a passing phrase. Since few mths ago, he didnt cry at all when we make him slp.

fyi, last time we only place him in yaolan during naptime, not night time =)

ling.er

I let my son nap in Yaolan then nigh time after he fall aslp i will slowly move him to bed , Pat him as well... But he always start kicking around or move around about 2-3Am .. Tat make mi need to place him in Yaolan & swing him.. He will also kick & kick in the Yaolan.. Any one knw y ? Cos im a ligh sleeper mum abit of noise can wake mi Up.. So i will swing my son to bed 1st then i can slp .. It make mi so tired to swing or Pat him middle of nigh.. T.T

joanneang

my boy oso,he sleep in yaolan day n nite...he will oso kick or move awhile in the midnite,so i have to swing him awhile then he will sleep again..i oso dun knw y will likw that..i thnk every bb sleep in yaolan will like that ba..

ling.er

But my son keep kick lo.. Then Like diff get back to Sweet dream slp like tat .. Make mi wan swing . .

Amulet

she totally wean off yaolan wen she is ard 20months old, just a month before her Childcare starts..

no special trick.. just bring her into the room, lay down on mattress and pat pat while she latches on...

ben10

Alpha Male
My son also kick in bed and yaolan... He used to rely on total yaolan till he reaches 10months when we found him on the floor. Heng we have the habit of laying a thick mattress on the floor everytime we put ben in the yaolan. So I think when ben started to feel his movement is restricted when he slept in the yaolan thats why he intend to pop out of it. He slept on the mattress ever since. We use to also trouble about how to wean him off the yaolan.... I think it's a matter of time when the baby feels sleeping on bed have more freedom.

Till recently on his 16th month, we put him back in yaolan at nite as he was having his molar tooth cutting out. 23 at the same time... EXTREMELY grouchy. At times, he just rather don't go to sleep even though he's super tired. The worst was 5am... when he will occasionally doze off while sitting. I guess playing will distract him from the pain.

Last edited: