Yaolan for babies

mummypooh

Hi mummies,

Do u mummies use yaolan when yr babies sleep?

Is there any disadvantages such as it will affect d spine or back development of babies? Wat will be d maximum duration to use it? Eg can i place my bb inside throughout his sleep?

Cheers
Mummypooh:001_302:

nancy

Hi mummies,

Do you mummies use yaolan when your babies sleep?

Is there any disadvantages such as it will affect d spine or back development of babies? what will be d maximum duration to use it? Eg can i place my baby inside throughout his sleep?

Cheers
hi,

I have been using the yaolan since my baby is 2 mths old. Now she is 7 mths old and still taking her naps in it. I make sure her night sleep is on the cot (I transferred her back to the cot after rocking her to sleep when she's 2 mths old). even when we travel, she can nap without the yaolan cos I substitue it with the pacifier. right now, she needs the pacifier to sleep in the yaolan.

As for affecting the spine devt, dun rock yr baby too hard. Make sure the floor is protected with a mattress in case the yaolan gives way. Let yr baby sleep in the cot at night by transferring her/him from the yaolan after she/he is sound asleep

pkshl

Hi mummies,

Is there any disadvantages such as it will affect d spine or back development of babies? what will be d maximum duration to use it? Eg can i place my baby inside throughout his sleep?

Cheers
hihi, my baby has been sleeping in yaolan since 2mths old. so far so gd for him cos he can nap for 3hrs & throughout the night too. theres really no maximun duration to use it cos some babies will not want to sleep in yaolan as they grow up.

my baby now dun really like to sleep in yaolan, he can sleep longer on our bed now. but he doesn't totally reject yaolan, we still put him in yaolan to sleep at night cos its cooling as compared to bed as he tends to sweat easily.

Ting

nope i dun use it.
depends on individual.
my cousin used to put my nieces in yaolan to slp..for long periods of time. but for pin, she doesnt need it to fall aslp. :)
its ok to put them in, but depending on your child, the time required to wean them off varies.
:)

mommie_lynn

I did not use yaolan as well. Afraid that she has to rely on it cos my cousin's child, now about one year old, still relies on the yaolan to sleep at home. There was once he woke up without her knowing and he fell out of it! We all had a shock then.

hui_ru_88

Hi mummies,

Cheers
My mum and aunt insisted that my daughter got to sleep in yao lan. Reason for so is she will sleep more easily. Because of that reason, my daughter started sleeping in the yao lan since she is 2 months old till now.

So far, I havent seen any 'side effects' resulted from using yao lan.

All the while, my daughter used the yao lan for naps only- maximum 2 hrs each time.

I dont want her to sleep in the yao lan thru the nite as my daughter is someone who is very wriggly. I am afraid she will 'drop' down from the yao lan.

Btw, one of my aunt who is a nanny, let the child sleep in the yao lan till he was 4 years old. But so far so good, no side effects from it- he is now 6 years old.

ohstrawberry

Ryan sleeps in yaolan for afternoon nap since he's 2weeks old. He will sleep for 2-3hours in it.
Sometimes when he's cranky for bedtime, i'll also put him in to rock him to sleep. Mostly for an hour only then switch him back to the bed to sleep with me.
At first i really against using yaolan but Ryan is so difficult and cranky sometimes, only yaolan can pacify him and let him sleep soundly.
I think if don't sleep for long hours, it shouldn't pose any "side effects" for baby.

hakisumi

Graham only slp in yaolan at night since 2 mths..in e day he slp on bed can't put him in yaolan he ll wriggle,he like to slp openly..lol..I dun think there's any issue w it,last time I think we also grow up w yaolan but it's just a matter they like it or not..some can slp till age of 2-3 some can't...

I put my girl in yaolan for her naps too. She will sleep in her cot at night cos she loves sleeping on her tummy. MIL said that babies who sleep in yaolan the head will be very nicely shaped though I do not know if there's any truth to it. Nowadays she is starting to flip so her yaolan time is very much shortened.

woofy55

hubby and i were just discussing about this topic of whether to buy sarong for louis. i was really against the idea of having sarong. We put louis at my In-laws place that day for morning only - can see they oredi like cannot take it - that day still haven't include bathing somemore. cos louis is very light sleeper - he can't sleep on bed, he sleep on bouncer now - at nite, after he is deep asleep, i then trf him into his cot. And mil has another 5yr old granddaughter to take care of. My FIL has no experience in baby caring though he has 2 children. So, his responsibility is to bounce Louis when he stirs. Louis nvr suck pacifier when i am taking care of him, but to ease them, i brought him a pacifer so they can "shut him up". Haiz..

So now another dilemma whether to buy sarong... another thing to wean him off next time... headache. I spoke to my mom, she say, can buy sarong, but transfer him out to sleep on bed when he is asleep. duno whether my mil will be free to do that, or they will let him sleep all the way inside (for convenience).

woofy55

Actually, is it possible to still train baby of 2mths to sleep on his own?? My baby won't sleep

mummies who has baby that sleeps on his own without rocking or coaxing - Can you share your experience? Is your baby by nature prefer sleeping to drinking? I"ve got a fren who's dd prefer to sleep.. so she has very easy time to put her to zzz.. but hard time to get her up to drink.. haiz..

share your precious experience okay? thanks.. louis is going to mil place soon in mar.. hopefully before then, i can train him well - so he won't get "complained".. :p

annie

Actually, is it possible to still train baby of 2mths to sleep on his own?? My baby won't sleep

mummies who has baby that sleeps on his own without rocking or coaxing - Can you share your experience? Is your baby by nature prefer sleeping to drinking? I"ve got a friend who's dear daughter prefer to sleep.. so she has very easy time to put her to zzz.. but hard time to get her up to drink.. sigh..

share your precious experience okay? thanks.. louis is going to mother in law place soon in mar.. hopefully before then, i can train him well - so he won't get "complained".. :p
i think its still ok but u need lots of patience and perserverance. they will sure cry and reject the new way of putting them to bed..my girl fall asleep on her own since day 1.. i always put her down after milk while she is still awake and she will slowly drift off to sleep on her own.. my girl love drinking and dosent nap long. she prefers drinking to sleeping i should say hehe.

annie

Hi, wd like to know when you put your baby into the sarong to sleep, do you keep the bouncing on or will off the auto bouncing once baby is asleep??
my girl is not using yaolan but then i would say to stop when the baby is still awake but then looks falling asleep. this is to train the bb to drift off to sleep by themsleves so they wont need to be rock to sleep. u can rock till they are sleepy but then stop as soon as they looks falling asleep. meaning let them drift off to sleep on a yaolan which is not moving.

Juan

my girl sleep in yao lan since 3 weeks old, but only for nap time. My girl don't like sleeping, for napping time if not on yao lan, she just nap for 30mins! So, at home I always put her in yao lan so at least she can nap 1.30 - 2 hrs per time. At night, I never use yao lan, I will pat her and she sleep the whole night on her cot from
11 till 8/9 am (my girl is a late sleeper!, 6am will have milk and will sleep again)