Young Photographers' Workshop - Dec 2010 <age 10 & above>

elainet

Nurturing creative kids
Young Photographers’ Workshop
Nature and Portrait: Outdoor Photography
For age 10 & above

Date : 8 Dec 2010 (Wed);
Venue : Singapore Botanic Gardens (Tanglin Gate – Holland Rd)
Time : 9am to 12.30pm
Fees : $55 (early bird promo - register before 15 Nov) / $65

Topics:
· How to handle and care for your camera
· Understanding the camera buttons
· Learn the basic rules of photography
· Understanding lighting for portrait photography
· Review and feedback of students’ photos

What to bring:
A digital camera (compact pocket camera or professional DSLR), empty memory card, fully charged camera battery.

Trainer:
Elaine T – photography and graphic design instructor.
Founder of Ruleofthirds – an online community for young & budding photographers, Elaine has 8 years experience in teaching multimedia related subjects. Her creative eye and enthusiasm are much appreciated in her digital photography teaching. Students of all ages warm to Elaine and her interactive approach to getting the most out of each individual creatively.

Register TODAY!
$55 (early bird discount - register before 15 Nov)

Email your name and your contact to
i.ruleofthirds@gmail.com
or call 90048692

Young Photographers’ Workshop FAQ

Q. What is the itinerary for this workshop?
A. Typically we begin each workshop with an introduction to the common features of cameras followed by tips for handling and caring for cameras. Participants will be taught the rules of photography, lighting and composition. They will then put what they have just learnt into practice. This monitored hands-on practice session is when participants are coached according to their level of proficiency. The workshop will end with a photo reviews to allow participants to learn from one another.

Q. What level of photography skills does my child needs for this workshop?
A. This workshop suits beginner to intermediate young photographers. Being outdoor allows more flexibility for learning to be customised to the level of each participants.

Q. What subject matter will there be to shoot?
A. The outdoor and nature provides lots of subject matter to shoot. This workshop focuses on training participants to take outdoor portraiture and nature photography.

Q. What camera must my child bring for this workshop?
A. Participants are welcome to use any digital camera; it can either be a compact, semi professional or a DSLR. One of the main objectives of this workshop is to learn to make the best out of participants’ existing equipment.

Q. What to wear and to bring?
A. Wear comfortable footwear and light clothing. Besides a camera, empty memory card and a fully charged battery, it is advisable to bring writing material for taking notes. A simple, easy to follow outline of the course, including the main technical and practical points will be supplied free of charge at the beginning of each course.

Q. Will you look at the photos my child has taken?
A. Yes, we look at and provide advice on the photos taken during the workshop’s review session. We would also love each participants to upload them to our facebook page <www.facebook.com/ruleofthirds>, where they can be showcased and receive comments from visitors and ourselves.

Register TODAY!
$55 (early bird discount - register before 15 Nov)

Email your name and your contact to
i.ruleofthirds@gmail.com
or call 90048692

Last edited: