Thank God it’s Friday, isn’t it? After the weeklong tasks in the office and/or school, somehow, Friday reminds us that “this too, shall pass”. But as we are about to celebrate our freedom from our gargantuan tasks, we are dawned by the truth that we have nowhere to go and that we are just about to idle the weekend away- in our home doing nothing but browsing through our friend’s profiles in Facebook. What a bummer, isn’t it?
So, here are some things that you and your family can go to this weekend. Delight yourselves with these attractions for free! Yes, you heard it. Have fun without hurting your wallet. Enjoy and we hope that these events can rejuvenate your mind (maybe, body, too (?)).
1. Ecolife by the Riverplains (Bishan – Ang Mo Kio Park, June 08, 2013)
Ever wondered about the large birds that visit the area? Discover all these with your child in their free family programme. Nurture in them a love for nature and the environment.
2. The Science and Engineering in the World’s Fastest Car (Science Centre, June 08, 2013)
“The Science & Engineering in the World’s Fastest Car!” is an inspiring one-hour presentation on the science and engineering behind the Bloodhound World Land Speed Record attempt. This talk will be given by Wing Commander Andy Green, the holder of the current World Land Speed Record.
3. Straits Family Sunday – Made to Play! (Peranakan Museum, June 09, 2013)
Have fun at the museum during the school holidays by creating your own dragon or phoenix toy. Go on a special tour of the galleries to learn the significance of those animals and other motifs in Peranakan art or dress up in baba and nyonya costumes.
4. Villages Nature Preview Launch (Colonial at Scotts, June 08, 2013 – June 09, 2013)
Preview France’s new eco tourist destination designed by Walt Disney Imagineering. Be the first in the world to find out more about the environmentally friendly apartments and cottages and learn how to avoid paying 19.6% VAT when you invest in leaseback tourism properties.
5. For Flea Sake: Firestation Family Flea (The Fire Station, June 08, 2013 – June 09, 2013)
Here is a chance to escape from the busy shopping malls. Explore the lush grounds of the iconic Old Bukit Timah Firestation with your family! Besides the family flea market, there will be a bouncy castle for kids and pets up for adoption at the SPCA adoption drive for pet lovers.
6. The Young Collector – Children’s Season at ACM (Asian Civilisations Museum, June 08, 2013 – June 09, 2013)
Explore the special exhibition Devotion and Desire and catch exciting dramas in the galleries. Enjoy enchanting cross-cultural performances and create one-of-a-kind crafts for your own art collection.
Source: Events are from http://events.insing.com/kids-family/. Image is from http://midwivesofcolor.wordpress.com/resources/family/
“MummySG, where every Mum is awesome.”
Great Deal @ Sentosa
1) $20 Sentosa F&B Vouchers available for SALE at ONLY $10. Multiple purchase of vouchers allowed. Redeemable at Port Belly, Merlion Café, Tastes of Singapore & Tastes of Asia.
2) 6 hours of Carpark Coupon at Sentosa Beach Station for SALE at only $4. Multiple purchase of coupons allowed.
Interested parties, kindly PM or SMS me @ 97903451. Thank you.