Jewellery

i am wondering, if its becos of cases of "emergency" ...like -touchwood- suddenly need drips , operations , patient suffer from fits ... thats why they dont want to have the hassle of removing ur accessories one by one during the emergency...in case it is an area that they want to operate and/or draw blood from...or the accessories hook onto one of the equipment etc

or like necklace /pendant will choke...

or patient accuse the nurse/doc of stealing the precious diamond ring
hahahhaha

i think specs is safer than contact lens

cos if u are knocked out...we dont know for how long, its not good for contact lens to be "in the eye" for so long right?

specs at the most, easily taken off and placed aside....when the baby is out, just put it on and look clearly at bb lor

i know the last time i was admitted...the nurse even asked if i have got dentures /false teeth that can be removed.

and she said its SOP to ask..cos in operation, they will also ask for it to be removed....in case the patient swallow the denture?
or the dentures might 'block" the air path?

newbie2009

i am wondering, if its becos of cases of "emergency" ...like -touchwood- suddenly need drips , operations , patient suffer from fits ... thats why they dont want to have the hassle of removing ur accessories one by one during the emergency...in case it is an area that they want to operate and/or draw blood from...or the accessories hook onto one of the equipment etc

or like necklace /pendant will choke...

or patient accuse the nurse/doc of stealing the precious diamond ring
hahahhaha

i think specs is safer than contact lens

cos if u are knocked out...we dont know for how long, its not good for contact lens to be "in the eye" for so long right?

specs at the most, easily taken off and placed aside....when the baby is out, just put it on and look clearly at bb lor

i know the last time i was admitted...the nurse even asked if i have got dentures /false teeth that can be removed.

and she said its SOP to ask..cos in operation, they will also ask for it to be removed....in case the patient swallow the denture?
or the dentures might 'block" the air path?
haha i guess my innocent qn about my fat fingers has traversed this topic till denture and nail polish....interesting.

M&M

hmmm.. i know that in all operation room.. no dentures, no contact lens, no jewellery and no painted nails r allowed.. not so sure abt birthing room... same should applies ba cos in case got any complications(touch wood) n need to be c-sect...

M&M

i removed my wedding band the moment i saw the dent mark on my fingers when i was showering. had the habit of removing my ring during showers. dent mark = too tight = my fingers became fat too...

newbie2009

i removed my wedding band the moment i saw the dent mark on my fingers when i was showering. had the habit of removing my ring during showers. dent mark = too tight = my fingers became fat too...
ya lor. i saw the same thing too. That is why i posted up here. really scared that if really wait till delivery, will b like what CanCanMum said, it will b burglar proof

CanCanMum

nothing much leh....prop up yr feet but still will swell....

wear broad based and loose sandals...those Sports ones are good.

autumn82

Nope, contact lenses have to be removed. Specs I'm not sure but should be ok.

Ok, this one is a bit off-topic but are we allowed to go into the delivery room with manicured nails?
We r not allowed to go into OT w manicured nails.. Silly me still went for it one week b4 my EDD. WasteD! LOL.

I also took off my specs..

LoVeS

anyway i tot we are supposed to abstain from all form of chemical? I have been avoiding all sort of treatment, facial and medi and pedicure leh. Maybe i too kiasu ba.
doing mani or pedi is still pretty ok but facial n hair chemical haf to bcareful coz sum of the machines they use r nt suitable for preg ladies ~

autumn82

anyway i tot we are supposed to abstain from all form of chemical? I have been avoiding all sort of treatment, facial and medi and pedicure leh. Maybe i too kiasu ba.
Erm.. Am not a good mum, I went ahead with all that u've avoided durin pregnancy.. LOL. :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

i tried last time, no use leh....think it gets worst even..the redness....

best is to prop up your feet everyday for at least 30mins.

newbie2009

Erm.. Am not a good mum, I went ahead with all that u've avoided durin pregnancy.. LOL. :tlaugh:
no la, its not that you are not a good mum. its sometimes we are ignorant about some things. And that some information were not read about. Hence that is why this forum is quite useful. Can share around some of the tips so that it can help u to avoid some things and to minimise on the "damage" caused.

Dun worry babe, everything will b fine. Just have a fun pregnancy.

newbie2009

i tried last time, no use leh....think it gets worst even..the redness....

best is to prop up your feet everyday for at least 30mins.
redness? Is it bcoz your water too warm? Wow got to prop up for so long? haha the only time when I rem that I put my leg up so long is when i watch my tv programs. haha. I must admit that u are very discipline. Then again, all these efforts are to allivate the pain we suffer.