Jewellery

no... or at least that is what the nurse told me when i went into the labour ward during "False alarm" experience.

she said in cases of emergency, -touchwood- , we go straight into op theatre, and very troublesome to remove accessories...so best is that even before we go into the Triage/Delivery Suite..we leave such things at home. U wldnt want to lose them at the hosp

newbie2009

Re: Jewelery

no... or at least that is what the nurse told me when i went into the labour ward during "False alarm" experience.

she said in cases of emergency, -touchwood- , we go straight into op theatre, and very troublesome to remove accessories...so best is that even before we go into the Triage/Delivery Suite..we leave such things at home. U wldnt want to lose them at the hosp
that is what i suspect lor. The reason why i asked this question is because I have put on quite abit of weight, and worry that my fingers get so big that I cannot remove my wedding ring then during delivery. Guess I will have to start to remove my ring now le. its already starting to feel tight le. Any reasons why we cannot have jewelery?

LoVeS

Re: Jewelery

that is what i suspect lor. The reason why i asked this question is because I have put on quite abit of weight, and worry that my fingers get so big that I cannot remove my wedding ring then during delivery. Guess I will have to start to remove my ring now le. its already starting to feel tight le. Any reasons why we cannot have jewelery?
Not sure why cant wear but in O.T cant wear n even doc n nurse aso cant wear~ I tink will haf risk juz like sum workplace they dun allow workers to wear jewellery~

ger-mummy

I heard that jewellery will interupt the machine coz there is maganesium... anyway, i dun wear any or no need to worry...

newbie2009

I heard that jewellery will interupt the machine coz there is maganesium... anyway, i dun wear any or no need to worry...
I notice that i have seemed to put on quite abit of wt, and that my ring seemed tighter. So was alittle worried by the time I go into the O.T. my finger will b too fat to remove it le. Thanx for the reply anyway.

LoVeS

I notice that i have seemed to put on quite abit of wt, and that my ring seemed tighter. So was alittle worried by the time I go into the O.T. my finger will b too fat to remove it le. Thanx for the reply anyway.

LOL i alrdy remove my rings alrdy due to the swollen on my fingers ~

ger-mummy

I still can wear my wedding band dun feel tight at all, is this abnormal... My legs i swelling when into 7month plus... Y i so slow wan... haha

CanCanMum

i was told to remove my watch....ring i dun dink need to remove.

coz i dun wear necklaces....and my earrings are silver......

but beta remove so there will not be any worries left behind.

newbie2009

i was told to remove my watch....ring i dun dink need to remove.

coz i dun wear necklaces....and my earrings are silver......

but beta remove so there will not be any worries left behind.
thanx for the tips, all the rest of the accessories I am not too concern, just the ring, really scared that by then my ring cannot take out. haha. silly me rite.

LoVeS

When into your pregnancy did u start to notice that your fingers are swelling?
Diff ppl will haf diff period or time when their body start to swollen~ Sum ppl earlier while sum ppl wont even haf tis issue~ As for me only recently then started swelling

newbie2009

Diff ppl will haf diff period or time when their body start to swollen~ Sum ppl earlier while sum ppl wont even haf tis issue~ As for me only recently then started swelling
That is true. So far, my feets are ok. but my fingers are start to swell le.

CanCanMum

but hor think of it another way...

imagine yr fingers are badly swollen (one size bigger and yr wedding band sort of gets STUCK in btw) no one can force it out oso rite? lols!

burglary proof.......:001_302::001_302::001_302:

newbie2009

but hor think of it another way...

imagine yr fingers are badly swollen (one size bigger and yr wedding band sort of gets STUCK in btw) no one can force it out oso rite? lols!

burglary proof.......:001_302::001_302::001_302:
haha. that is a very positive sense to think of our misery. Haha. However, I am just concern that if in the O.T. its confirm that cannot have jewellery, by then how. Can expect me to cut the ring away rite.

Anyway thank you for cheering me up.

sugarcookie

what abt specs & contact lenses? can wear contact lenses while doing c-sec with epi?
Nope, contact lenses have to be removed. Specs I'm not sure but should be ok.

Ok, this one is a bit off-topic but are we allowed to go into the delivery room with manicured nails?