My baby is here! ^_^

JacquiLau

Dear mummies or mummies-to-be!

Just wanted to give a big shout out that my Baby Josh is here! :wong19: BB Josh arrived the world screaming at Mt Alvernia weighting 2.96kg on 10 March 09 at 14:27 after 14 hours of labour (even tho I was induced)... But poor Josh is in hospital at the moment with what his daddy would call "salon tanning session" as he has jaundice. But mummy is already missing him! :shyxxx:

siongnelly

Hi my dear, Congratulation :)
I understand how you feel, but i believe you baby is coming back soon, right?
Cheers:)

Anaqi

Dear mummies or mummies-to-be!

Just wanted to give a big shout out that my Baby Josh is here! :wong19: BB Josh arrived the world screaming at Mt Alvernia weighting 2.96kg on 10 March 09 at 14:27 after 14 hours of labour (even tho I was induced)... But poor Josh is in hospital at the moment with what his daddy would call "salon tanning session" as he has jaundice. But mummy is already missing him! :shyxxx:
congrats!... :Dancing_wub:he's so adorable. dont wori, your little prince will be back soon

Catty

Congrats to mummy JacquiLau!!! :red:

Don't worry, ur charming little prince will be coming back soon.. :001_302:

JacquiLau

Thank you all! Just went to the hospital to see him... tried breast feeding as well... Doc said that he is doing well and should be able to discharge tomorrow! :Dancing_wub:

Feeling a bit stress tho... my "milk production factory" not really working in full force yet. It has taken 4 days for the milk to come but by then I already start feeding him with milk formula as the poor thing is so hungry that he didn't even have strength to really cry. :07: Now that my "factory" finally working but I am not producing enough to feed him... I only manage to express 50ml or so on both breast but he is already taking about 80ml of formula! I will have to subsitute with some milk formula but I can already tell he isn't as interested to suckle as he used to...

Is it me or does you mummies has this feeling of "panic" as I felt I am not capable of taking care of my baby. Keep having this feeling that I am not prepared and afraid that I am not able to give my baby the best I can... :embarrassed:

CanCanMum

its normal babe~~

meanwhile make full use of the confinement period to rest and continue expressing BM. Hope u r using those electric pumps? (heard they work beta den battery operated ones)

Last time i tried once....coz my boy was oso a huge eater...so i took the interval for him to sleep to let him suckle...lols....hopefully can bring some milk letdown lols.....but gotta be patient la...not easy....

i 4got r u a FTWM? If yes u will have 16 weeks of ML!!

Make full use of the 16weeks.....to rest/bond/pump BM....heee

Oso i have replied yr query on the BB Bonus/CDA....have u checked? I made a mistake....first baby oso entitled to CDA....paiseh.....:Dancing_tongue:

joeichen

Ya, i faced the same pro during my 1st. u still got at 50ml I think I only manage abt 30ml n was like hell so painfully..... Normally lah as time goes by when u pump regularly the production will increase..... u might even find it dripping

Porukadotzu

congratz Jacquilau!

your bb so cute! eventho you can only pump 50ml, but if you let your bb latch on your breast then he would get more than 50ml.. so dun worry!

coz breastmilk not just fulfill the hunger and thirst faster than formula milk but it will digest faster in baby's tummy too, so ur baby will demand to drink more often and auto your milk factory will produce more and more too..

suggest that u use formula to top up only...coz once u stop breastfeed then ur factory will reduce too.

smiley811

congratz Jacquilau!

your bb so cute! eventho you can only pump 50ml, but if you let your bb latch on your breast then he would get more than 50ml.. so dun worry!

coz breastmilk not just fulfill the hunger and thirst faster than formula milk but it will digest faster in baby's tummy too, so ur baby will demand to drink more often and auto your milk factory will produce more and more too..

suggest that u use formula to top up only...coz once u stop breastfeed then ur factory will reduce too.

100% agree... cannot stop. Once stop, no more BM.

I used electric pump the other time... the most 80ml and it's still not enough for my girl... I pumped until got blood oozed out and sweat all over... anyone got this experience???

100% agree... cannot stop. Once stop, no more BM.

I used electric pump the other time... the most 80ml and it's still not enough for my girl... I pumped until got blood oozed out and sweat all over... anyone got this experience???
Wah blood oozed out then must be very painful!!!!
i also if pump the milk dont come so fast. if bb suckle, the milk come fast!!! so i guess we need the bb to stimulate us???
so in de end, i very seldom pump till bb dont wan to use milk bottle liaoz

JacquiLau

Thank you all... just nervous and stress about it. I guess first time mum and all I am feeling really lost... Hubby is about to head back to UK in less then a week so I think I am even more stress. My parent are here to help but sometime late at nite there is nothing like a hubby stroking my back telling me all is fine... :embarrassed:

Phoebii Cheng

Hey Jacquilau congrats!!!

All 1st time mummies do face that problem....dun worry, I faced that last year when my boy was born, he was in the ICU for a week before we brought him home, by then he is used to the bottle oredi and plus he is a sleepy baby, each time i latch him on, he would doze off after a while, so I managed to pumped abt only 60ml to 70ml of BM

However, not wanting to give up, I decided to give KKH hospital a call and they suggest to me to increase my BM, is to latch on my son for feed 1st and when he has stopped, I continue with expressing.....and soon yup my BM increased to about 150ml or so....

They also suggest to me to take a supplement called fenugreek 3 times a day too.....

Hope this information helps :302:

Oh btw, enjoy your parenthood, afterall you are a newborn mummy too:tlaugh:

JacquiLau

oh babe,

how long will yr hubby be away to UK?
Hee hee... both of us actually live in London these days but I am back home to give birth. He only manage to get about 2 weeks so he has to go back on Tuesday but he is going to try to take another few weeks of leave in May to come back to fetch us... My family has been great help and currently I have a confinement lady that comes in frmo 9 - 6 as well but I guess I am just worry during the night and I guess I will feel something is missing at night.. :shyxxx: