Wound Recovery

Beanie

Wondering how long does the wound heals?

Today is 4th day after delivery and the wound below hurt sooooooo much after i wash n apply lotion.

:nah:

snowbear

I was advised by gynae to not bathe for a wk. The wound will take awhile to heal la, but i could do most things still. Make sure tt stitches r not ruptured...

I think my wound healed by 3 wks or so... can't rem. I was functioning as per normal once i got back fr hospital.

wenz

it takes about 2weeks for my case for both my previous birth... its only the 4th day so it will still be painful.. just make sure u keep tat area clean and dry.. u'll be fine..
=)

Beanie

Yeah trying my best to keep the area clean n dry after i visit the toilet.

And trying to lie down instead of sitting on the wound itself or else sit on 'you yong quan'

:tlaugh:

ger-mummy

ya me too. feel pain & whenever i sit i will sit on the float if not will be very painful... Advised from my mum apply warm water with abit of salt... but i scare more so wipe with tap water only...

Hmm.. my wound is sore rather than pain for abt 5 days? then nw is the 9th day no pain nothing. thread is almost disappearing.
TMC gives us 1 bottle of wound antiseptic. Clean wound aft every toilet session. & wound seems to heal really fast. :)
The antiseptic dont give any stinging pain at all.

Beanie

Yeah tey do gave me a bottle of lotion to apply each time after visiting the toilet..... and also pain-killer loh. And it really works wonder everytime i took the pill.....haha!!

snowbear

I was advised by gynae to not bathe for a wk. The wound will take awhile to heal la, but i could do most things still. Make sure tt stitches r not ruptured...

I think my wound healed by 3 wks or so... can't rem. I was functioning as per normal once i got back fr hospital.
Oops, forgot to mention that mine's c-sect wound... :tlaugh:

adoncia

mine is natural.. only take a few days... u have to keep your wound dry and clean... so if u use wet tissue to clean ur wound, have to use dry tissue to clean again.

Beanie

Yesterdae juz went to visit my gynae, she say the wound is healing good. Although it still hurt abit.

But there's still quite alot of blood leh.....hopefully it will slowly lessen within this few days bah.

lalala

mine is c sect wound feeling pain at 1st but after 2nd day i can walk ard n go beside the anther ppl bed talk ....

whahahh den the doctor tell mi tt my wound not pain ar?? i say pain but ok la den i kena nurse scold cos i cannnot move ard cos my doctor haven come n c mi... haizzzzzzzzz

apollo

mine is c sect wound feeling pain at 1st but after 2nd day i can walk ard n go beside the anther ppl bed talk ....

whahahh den the doctor tell mi tt my wound not pain ar?? i say pain but ok la den i kena nurse scold cos i cannnot move ard cos my doctor haven come n c mi... haizzzzzzzzz
i salute u!!!! LOL

BzBaby

i oso c sect.. i actually didnt wanna walk on the 2nd day coz feeling really painful.. but i wanna get out of hospital asap so hav to let doc c me walk.. but i didnt talk to the other lady beside me.. coz i hear her speak a bit rudely to the nurses.. lol..

winnie.lyy

hi mummies, you all so lucky la, fast recovery! mine...due to wound was badly tore, took about 2 months to fully recover! i can't even sit on float and walk properly, and on antibiotic for a month long! after wound recovered, still some pain inside it...well after several check -ups, now fully recovered though!

the one month confinement is really hell for me, everyday wash with warm salt water, dare not be lazy at all! besides, need to take 10ml of stool softener everyday to avoid the wound from ruptured..eeeyak..terrible, i can guarantee you!! BUT, it is worthwhile thinking of your little bb...:Dancing_tongue:

so...don worry, time passes real fast!

stonston

C-section is like major surgery. alot of skin n muscles cut. so it's normal if u still feel pain with some slightly oozing of blood at the wound after 1-2weeks.

How to know if the wound has fully recovered? I gave birth 2 weeks ago and I still can see white thread at the wound area.. the pain is barely there but how come the thread is still there?

stonston

is urs those self dissolving threads? it takes quite some time for it to totally dissolve away. if it's still sticking out from ur wound, ur gynae will trim it off for u during ur nxt check up.

Yuki Miaka

Wondering how long does the wound heals?

Today is 4th day after delivery and the wound below hurt sooooooo much after i wash and apply lotion.

:nah:

my wound healed in 2 weeks time... everyday washed with warm salty water and keep it dry after washing.. it helps.

u can also prepare warm salty water in a container.. and u sit on it to soak the wound for a while... also helps...