How to get rids of lizards??

lisa_ng

anyone can advise on how to get rid of lizards?
and how to prevent them from crawling into the house?

SunShine07

anyone can advise on how to get rid of lizards?
and how to prevent them from crawling into the house?
Actually the best is to close up all windows start from evening time. I also bought the stick pad for lizard, it not only stick those lizard but even cocroaches as well.

It does help for me, not sure if you have tried this

lisa_ng

Actually the best is to close up all windows start from evening time. I also bought the stick pad for lizard, it not only stick those lizard but even cocroaches as well.

It does help for me, not sure if you have tried this
my 2 other rooms windows are closed most of the time. but sometime still see lizards crawling in or outside the window.
and one is permanent resident in one of the room.
until now still didn't manage to catch it.
i do have those lizard trap but doesn't seems to work.

the panel outside the windows are filled with lizard poo.. irritating.

not sure if it's due to low floor. :(

SunShine07

my 2 other rooms windows are closed most of the time. but sometime still see lizards crawling in or outside the window.

oh ya, low floor bo pian leh.....actually i also like you, hate lizard and those pests.

Got 1 time i very cruel leh, i use hot water to kill it leh. But because i really dun know how to kill it lah. I feel guilty after that :(

But 'bu shi ni si jiu shi wo wang' mah right ? :p

lisa_ng

oh ya, low floor bo pian leh.....actually i also like you, hate lizard and those pests.

Got 1 time i very cruel leh, i use hot water to kill it leh. But because i really dun know how to kill it lah. I feel guilty after that :(

ya lor.. i veri scared of these crawlies. sometimes those small flying cockroach oso. arghhh...
my hubby will overturn the house just to catch one lizard then either throw out of the window or flush down the toilet bowl. hehe

tok about low floor.. veri er xin lor.
there's a big field in front, at times will have a flop of flying ants fly inside.
even grasshopper of a finger size oso have.. this i even have to use my fishing net to capture then release outside my door.
recent insect veri weird looking oso a finger long, like 2 pcs of leaf stick together. *faint*

DreaDrea

Hi,

Wat I did was to use the cockroach house trap (the wan which is white in colour with some sticky glue inside the house - can get from basar malam). I'll leave some biscuits or titbits in it and put it at a dark corner.

Do not use the red type of house (the one that come with some "food") that you can buy from supermarket. I tried it a few times and it doesn't work at all. Maybe the lizards do not like the food provided or the sticky glue is not sticky enough.

So far it works for my office and home. Manage to catch 1 lizard within 3 days whenever I leave the trap.

Daddy D

Alpha Male

I stay 16th floor also got lizard n cockcroaches....
Must kill the BIG ones... then less small ones in future...
I DIY... double-sided tape on wooden chopsticks... sure stick the lizard!
Use hot water once 2... BIG lizard... still won't die after tat...
Was catching this BIG cockcroach just now... dunno came from where... my DD hiding in her bedroom... spray won't die... use the electric racket... zap also won't die... in the end.. my DW roll newspaper baton... smashed it DEAD... FIERCE woman! haha..
Cos' I scared of FLYING cockcroach! haha :)

SunShine07

ya lor.. i veri scared of these crawlies. sometimes those small flying cockroach oso. arghhh...
my hubby will overturn the house just to catch one lizard then either throw out of the window or flush down the toilet bowl. hehe

tok about low floor.. veri er xin lor.
there's a big field in front, at times will have a flop of flying ants fly inside.
even grasshopper of a finger size oso have.. this i even have to use my fishing net to capture then release outside my door.
recent insect veri weird looking oso a finger long, like 2 pcs of leaf stick together. *faint*
wow, so many such flying insect ar??? arghhh, i also hate these insect loh, very irritating. that why my doors and window all close when reach 6pm...

but bo bian leh, can't prevent all these from coming.....:nah:

lisa_ng

Hi,

Wat I did was to use the cockroach house trap (the wan which is white in colour with some sticky glue inside the house - can get from basar malam). I'll leave some biscuits or titbits in it and put it at a dark corner.

Do not use the red type of house (the one that come with some "food") that you can buy from supermarket. I tried it a few times and it doesn't work at all. Maybe the lizards do not like the food provided or the sticky glue is not sticky enough.

So far it works for my office and home. Manage to catch 1 lizard within 3 days whenever I leave the trap.
wow i must go see this one when i come across any pasar malam.

recently bought one is the center have a round red spot type. not sure how it works but no lizard caught.. hehe

SunShine07

Was catching this BIG cockcroach just now... dunno came from where... my DD hiding in her bedroom... spray won't die... use the electric racket... zap also won't die... in the end.. my DW roll newspaper baton... smashed it DEAD... FIERCE woman! haha..
hahahha, very drama leh:tlaugh:

lisa_ng

wah how the lizard crawl outside the wall at such height??
wonder if lizard will fall to deathe ma?

oh ur si xue...flying cockroach. haha

nasha

Try getting the lizard spray from Giant or some NTUC.
It does not kill the lizard but its supposed to prevent the lizard from getting in meaning u have to spray all around the outside of windows, doors etc so that they wont b able to get in cos slippery to them hahaha. Sounds funny but it does work. The con is u will need a few cans in order to spray the whole house.

DreaDrea

Can also try using vacuum cleaner to suck the cockroaches . . . in regards of their sizes, is easy and not as messy as using the spray or smashing them :001_302:

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Can also try using vacuum cleaner to suck the cockroaches . . . in regards of their sizes, is easy and not as messy as using the spray or smashing them :001_302:
Wah.... vacuum cleaner??! U serious a not? Never tot of tat.... later I have to throw away the vacuum cleaner if the cockcroach gets stuck inside... :)

lisa_ng

Wah.... vacuum cleaner??! U serious a not? Never tot of tat.... later I have to throw away the vacuum cleaner if the cockcroach gets stuck inside... :)
i thought you will want to say when u clear the vacuum the cockroach crawl on you how ar??:tlaugh:

lisa_ng

Try getting the lizard spray from Giant or some NTUC.
It does not kill the lizard but its supposed to prevent the lizard from getting in meaning u have to spray all around the outside of windows, doors etc so that they wont b able to get in cos slippery to them hahaha. Sounds funny but it does work. The con is u will need a few cans in order to spray the whole house.
i never dare to use any insecticide.
worried may stain on my girl's toy. or will cause harm if she smell.

but har i think will try this method since the other 2 room she hardly access in.

thanks for the suggestion. :)

Yuki Miaka

haha same.. i can not tahan insects in my house also ,somemore i am staying at 4th floor.... the house already got many many ants when i moved in.. so no choice got to start chasing them away.
i use pest control chalk at various entry point to eliminate ants.. as for cockroaches.. i use the bait station...
today just went to home fix shop... i saw a device that stated it's effectively chasing away " rats, cockroaches, lizards, spiders, ants, moths, and mosquito... just have to plug it and switch on 24 hours... it's high frequency of ultrasonic/ultrasound wave that is harmless to human but insects can not take that kind of frequency. It cost about $20.... very tempting to buy ,/ :D but hubby not allow, saying baby still in stomach , wait until baby come out liao then see how. -.-"

DreaDrea

Can this is wat i usually do, just leave the cockroach in the vacuum bag and dispose the bag when it is full. You won't be able the see the corpse cos is in the bag (the cockroach will be stuff to death in the bag) :001_302:

Yuki Miaka

cockroach is my number one killer.... i dun even dare to see its dead bodies... broken legs or wings... lolz..

lizards actually still not so bad, it comes to our house means our house got insects for it to eat....so they help to eliminate small insects in our house

ants/cockroaches they come because of food... so these are harder to control,