How to get rids of lizards??

pokemon97

nowadays lizards are getting smarter, i just on the kitchen light and saw a lizard crawling to my trap direction, i thot it will go into the trap but it crawl to the top part to avoid the trap and down again. Like that how to catch them....

Spiralng

nowadays lizards are getting smarter, i just on the kitchen light and saw a lizard crawling to my trap direction, i thot it will go into the trap but it crawl to the top part to avoid the trap and down again. Like that how to catch them....
Try putting egg shells on the trap, lizards are attracted to the smell....cos after all the wall climbing they also need protein to boast their energy.:001_302:

elmo493

I stay at high foor, I still have lizard once in a while.
There are very good and hiding, like ninja.:red:

[not sure if it's due to low floor. :([/quote]

Spiralng

I stay at high foor, I still have lizard once in a while.
There are very good and hiding, like ninja.:red:

[not sure if it's due to low floor. :(
[/quote]

Your forgot there is the lift. They can take the lift, then climb out and wait for u to open the door or window then they climb in...hee hee...if they really climb from ground floor...I think u will see loads of dead lizard at your doorstep by the time they reach the higher level.:tlaugh:

lisa_ng

Your forgot there is the lift. They can take the lift, then climb out and wait for u to open the door or window then they climb in...hee hee...if they really climb from ground floor...I think u will see loads of dead lizard at your doorstep by the time they reach the higher level.:tlaugh:
exhausted to death?? :001_302:

SunShine07

Your forgot there is the lift. They can take the lift, then climb out and wait for u to open the door or window then they climb in...hee hee...if they really climb from ground floor...I think u will see loads of dead lizard at your doorstep by the time they reach the higher level.:tlaugh:[/quote]
wow very cartoon leh you :we2biglaugh:

tinkerball

Hi,

Wat I did was to use the cockroach house trap (the wan which is white in colour with some sticky glue inside the house - can get from basar malam). I'll leave some biscuits or titbits in it and put it at a dark corner.

Do not use the red type of house (the one that come with some "food") that you can buy from supermarket. I tried it a few times and it doesn't work at all. Maybe the lizards do not like the food provided or the sticky glue is not sticky enough.

So far it works for my office and home. Manage to catch 1 lizard within 3 days whenever I leave the trap.
*wink* u know what's lizard favourite food.. wah....my hubby brought back peacock's feather and i place it on the window where they always comes in. gd news- lizards stop coming in. bad news- the existing ones in the house wont come out either:eek:

lisa_ng

*wink* u know what's lizard favourite food.. wah....my hubby brought back peacock's feather and i place it on the window where they always comes in. gd news- lizards stop coming in. bad news- the existing ones in the house wont come out either:eek:
what's in this peacock feather that scare the lizard away?
oh btw, where to get peacock feather? bird park??:err:

i like this suggestion, no mess, no traps, no harmful insecticide.

lisa_ng

You mean pluck the peacock feather live??? will the peacock scream in pain??? LOL
excursion during my primary school days, those feather can be found on the ground of birdpark and zoo. hehe
but during the last trip to zoo, never see any around. birdpark unsure yet until my next trip. hehe

interested to know where to get them now.

tinkerball

my hubby works at Sentosa and there are plenty of peacocks mingling around there so its easy to get them. just go around on the grass patch and look for any dropped feathers. i saw lots of peacocks outside underwater world so should be plenty of feathers around. don't have to pluck from those poor things lah. u'll be tired running around to catch them anyway..

tinkerball

what's in this peacock feather that scare the lizard away?
oh btw, where to get peacock feather? bird park??:err:

i like this suggestion, no mess, no traps, no harmful insecticide.

not realy sure what makes lizards scared of them. an indian colleague of my hubby's recommended so i guess something to do with indian beliefs??? still no harm trying and didnt cost a single cent.:tlaugh:

lisa_ng

not realy sure what makes lizards scared of them. an indian colleague of my hubby's recommended so i guess something to do with indian beliefs??? still no harm trying and didnt cost a single cent.:tlaugh:
wonder how long can a feather stay effective before you change them?

pokemon97

Can also try using vacuum cleaner to suck the cockroaches . . . in regards of their sizes, is easy and not as messy as using the spray or smashing them :001_302:
thanks to DreaDrea, when we reached home last nite, a lizard suddenly drop on my son shoulder and crawl away then hide below the sofa. I quickly on the vacuum and ask my hb to suck it in. Not too easy cos the lizard is a really big one so crawl very fast. At last my hb manage to suck it in, after that we open the vacuum and throw away the bag.

lisa_ng

thanks to DreaDrea, when we reached home last nite, a lizard suddenly drop on my son shoulder and crawl away then hide below the sofa. I quickly on the vacuum and ask my hb to suck it in. Not too easy cos the lizard is a really big one so crawl very fast. At last my hb manage to suck it in, after that we open the vacuum and throw away the bag.
the lizard still alive after the suction?
thinking i may consider this method provided the lizard is motionless when opened up to discard.

Spiralng

the lizard still alive after the suction?
thinking i may consider this method provided the lizard is motionless when opened up to discard.
Beware...being sucked into the vacum might be like a roller coaster ride. The lizard might enjoyed it so much till next time wait for u at the door step ready to be sucked.

lisa_ng

Beware...being sucked into the vacum might be like a roller coaster ride. The lizard might enjoyed it so much till next time wait for u at the door step ready to be sucked.
ai yo this is scary de.
hopefully still in one piece after the ride.
i understand their tail come off easily.

wonder if they will be deafened by the loud noise or do they have ears afterall. :tlaugh:

Spiralng

ai yo this is scary de.
hopefully still in one piece after the ride.
i understand their tail come off easily.

wonder if they will be deafened by the loud noise or do they have ears afterall. :tlaugh:
ha ha ha....their hands hv suction cups it's to block the noise so they use their suction cups to cover the ears and since they hv spare tail, the very most, you get a tail as a gift...MOTHER'S DAY present

lisa_ng

ha ha ha....their hands hv suction cups it's to block the noise so they use their suction cups to cover the ears and since they hv spare tail, the very most, you get a tail as a gift...MOTHER'S DAY present
tok about suction cups mayb pour some oil outside the window so that will cause them to slip and fall mayb a good idea. hehe
hope no one throw cigar butt down which may cause fire i suppose.

ok i decided not to celebrate mother's day if present were to be this.
i won't mind an unromantic hb.:tlaugh:

Spiralng

tok about suction cups mayb pour some oil outside the window so that will cause them to slip and fall mayb a good idea. hehe
hope no one throw cigar butt down which may cause fire i suppose.

ok i decided not to celebrate mother's day if present were to be this.
i won't mind an unromantic hb.:tlaugh:
Ha ha ha...can try baby oil....then i pity the ones staying below u cos everyday will hv dropping lizards...