Anyone going for Caesarian section?

veronica

Hello...I just went to see my gynae yesterday and here is the answers some may want to know :

1. Umbilical cord - gynae said the father cannot cut if its c-sect cos she said no one will want to see a open stomach. BUT if daddy insists to cut the umbilical, he can go "trim" the cord when the bb is brought to the PD. hahaha

2. I fixed my c-sect date 10days before estimate EDD so i think not necessary must be 14days. She said as long as its around 38 weeks can liao. The reason why they insist on 14days is to play safe cos she said gynaes usually do not want you to suffer "double" pain incase you go into early labor before the scheduled c-sect. If you scheduled at 39th weeks, high chance u will go into labor before ur c-sect.

3. If you go into early labor before scheduled c-sect, you will be charge natural (if you give birth natural) or emergency c-sect (if you cannot do it naturally).

Hope I answer Regina's questions :)

ochklk

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:R u sahm? How's little fellow doing? :)
I'm not SAHM, now having maternity leave, back to work in June... I wish I am a SAHM, but my hubby salary not tat high yet...He's 8 yrs younger than me and just finished his degress recently, waiting for promotion but he promised me he will make me a SAHM...So my boy will be taken care by my MIL...but i had wish to take care by myself... Haiz..Long Story...

My boy only wake up for milk at nite, so mostly he sleep... daytime, he nap but sleep only a while and wake up but he nv make noise...

Last edited:

ochklk

Regina I also feel guilty for having to go C-section because I think it makes me feel less whole as a woman if I dont go through the natural birthing process.

And I know hubby been very enthusiastic reading my baby books and preparing himself to be my birthing partner. This makes me feel even more guilty. :embarrassed:

But last night I asked him what he thinks of C-section, he said it has its good points also, no need to pain and wait so long. :001_302:
Myself, hubby, mil and my family nv think tat at all, we just want our boy to be safe and quickly come out...C-section is lesser risk for the baby...U can read this at some website... Dun think so much, just think u r goin to see yr bb soon.

Yr hubby still can be yr birthing partner even C-section, my hubby hold my hand thru out the ops, but he forgot all abt me when our boy is out... wahaha... he kept taking photo and video of our boy.

The no need to pain depends on individual too...my sister c-section too but bery scare of pain, she lay in bed for the 1st week after discharge and dun really move around...

Last edited:

Frenchkitty

Thanks ochklk for your support and advice! Makes me feel better about the whole thing. Babies can be so unpredictable LOL.

My mum went to pick an auspicious date and if everything goes well, baby should be out on 20 May. which is only 1 week from now. Jitters!

apollo

Regina I also feel guilty for having to go C-section because I think it makes me feel less whole as a woman if I dont go through the natural birthing process.

And I know hubby been very enthusiastic reading my baby books and preparing himself to be my birthing partner. This makes me feel even more guilty. :embarrassed:

But last night I asked him what he thinks of C-section, he said it has its good points also, no need to pain and wait so long. :001_302:
yalo... i told my hubby hw guilty i feel but they, as men, just dun understand... my hubby said as long as BB can come out safely is more impt (which is quite true)... and he say c-sect got schedule date so he can get himself more prepared to welcome the lil one.. haha..

nw the only thing is hubbies cannot do is cut the umbilical cord for BB... so sad lo... =(

Frenchkitty

I asked my hubby if he wants to cut the umbilical cord and he said dont want hahahaha cos he is scared of blood. During his army days when gotta withdraw blood for bloodtest he also fainted leh....

snowbear

Im now 37-weeks and I just went for my antenatal checkup today evening.
Baby is still BREECH therefore Doctor advised that he most likely wont turn downwards anymore.

He asked me to pick a date for the C-section as elective would be cheaper than emergency C-section.

Anyone gone/going for C-section to deliver?
how long will the wound take to heal?
Can I still go for the Malay Jamu massage?
How would C-section affect breastfeeding?

Sorry for so many questions. Feeling very anxious!
i had emergency c-sect. My pain went away after about 2-3wks. I think internally it takes awhile more to heal as autumn mentioned. I had malay massage 2 wks aft c-sect.

c-sect wound causes a bit of discomfort for bfding but can still feed. Anyway my dd refused to latch in the first month so i pumped throughout the first month. I had plentiful supply of milk so it's not true that pumping means less milk wor...

apollo

i had emergency c-sect. My pain went away after about 2-3wks. I think internally it takes awhile more to heal as autumn mentioned. I had malay massage 2 wks aft c-sect.

c-sect wound causes a bit of discomfort for bfding but can still feed. Anyway my dd refused to latch in the first month so i pumped throughout the first month. I had plentiful supply of milk so it's not true that pumping means less milk wor...
heard tt as long as we pump the milk regularly den the milk supply will be enough right???

apollo

I asked my hubby if he wants to cut the umbilical cord and he said dont want hahahaha cos he is scared of blood. During his army days when gotta withdraw blood for bloodtest he also fainted leh....
huh then what if he faint when the gynae cut u??

apollo

now, i got a new qns... if we goin c-sect, wound will pain rite? heard tt gynae will prescribe painkillers, but if we're breastfeeding, will the painkiller affect the breastmilk? or izzit btwn breastfeeding and painkiller we can only choose one??

autumn82

now, i got a new qns... if we goin c-sect, wound will pain rite? heard tt gynae will prescribe painkillers, but if we're breastfeeding, will the painkiller affect the breastmilk? or izzit btwn breastfeeding and painkiller we can only choose one??
The painkillers that the gynae is gonna prescribe shld be safe for breastfeeding. Just inform the gynae that u're gonna bf yr baby if u're worried. :)

I took the painkillers for 1 week, even though no pain. Kiasee. :p

apollo

The painkillers that the gynae is gonna prescribe shld be safe for breastfeeding. Just inform the gynae that u're gonna bf yr baby if u're worried. :)

I took the painkillers for 1 week, even though no pain. Kiasee. :p
does taking painkiller really helps?? since the wound is quite big.. paiseh to ask 2pid qns... nv kanna cut b4... hehe...

ochklk

does taking painkiller really helps?? since the wound is quite big.. paiseh to ask 2pid qns... nv kanna cut b4... hehe...
Helps me when the pain is really unbearable... But u have to eat first before the pain start, me trying not to take, so I pain then take, but can still feel the pain, kana scolded by my hubby why endure the pain at the beginning... hee...

autumn82

Erm... I dunno how to ans yr question.. :tlaugh:After painkillers still will feel slight pain but not as bad. But after 2days or so, not much pain, just uncomfy.. :)

apollo

Helps me when the pain is really unbearable... But u have to eat first before the pain start, me trying not to take, so I pain then take, but can still feel the pain, kana scolded by my hubby why endure the pain at the beginning... hee...
aiyo... since it's safe for breastmilk den take mah... y make urself suffer? haha...

autumn82

:tlaugh:Tat's y I took throughout 1 week w/o fail.. :p

apollo

Erm... I dunno how to ans yr question.. :tlaugh:After painkillers still will feel pain but not as bad. But after 2days or so, not much pain, just uncomfy.. :)
hopefully i can bear with the pain.. cos my gynae keep say c-sect is v v v painful... nd 1 mth to recover.... i wonder if all gynae will prescribe painkillers aft c-sect or we must ask for it??? LOL...

ochklk

aiyo... since it's safe for breastmilk den take mah... y make urself suffer? haha...
Its say ok for breastmilk but I still dun want to take so much...I think one day I take once only...and one of tablet cause drousiness...I have to take care my boy at nite so better dun take.

autumn82

hopefully i can bear with the pain.. cos my gynae keep say c-sect is v v v painful... nd 1 mth to recover.... i wonder if all gynae will prescribe painkillers aft c-sect or we must ask for it??? LOL...
:err::err: Which gynae r u seeing? Like tt scare patient? He wants u to go natural or his c-sect skills not good? :tlaugh::tlaugh:

Erm.. For both times, mine is auto prescribe de.