Adam's arrival story

Frenchkitty

I've been too busy with a newborn baby, now then finally have a bit of time to introduce my baby! :wong19:

On 17 May 2009 SUNDAY 4am
I woke up in a pool of slimy and cold fluids and realised that my waters broke.
In a panic, I quickly wake my hubby and asked him go grab a towel from my cupboard.. think he too nervous, he jus stood there and stared at my cupboard..
So fed up, decided to go to toilet and wash up. Every movement triggered more amniotic fluid to gush and leak out.. quite eeky.

After bathing and packing my bag, we headed to hospital and called my doctor at the same time.
Admitted to labour ward.. could feel contractions.. damn painful. it was 5am.
The nurse checked my dilation - i was already 4cm dilated! almost halfway liao and so fast.
She did ultrasound on me and found that baby is still breech position.. so no choice cannot deliver naturally already gotta C-section.
The nurse called my doctor to come quickly cos she can feel the baby's leg coming at my cervix already!!

Soon after, I was wheeled into OT and I saw my doctor and the Anesthetist... damn scared and nervous.. Hubby was told to wait at holding area for baby.
Then, I was given GA and when I woke up, I saw my son!!

Adam Tan Tian Kai
17 May 2009
Weight: 2.73kg

Though I experienced both contraction and Caesarian pains, but everything is so worth it. :)

wenz

I've been too busy with a newborn baby, now then finally have a bit of time to introduce my baby! :wong19:

In a panic, I quickly wake my hubby and asked him go grab a towel from my cupboard.. think he too nervous, he jus stood there and stared at my cupboard..
So fed up, decided to go to toilet and wash up. Every movement triggered more amniotic fluid to gush and leak out.. quite eeky.

After bathing and packing my bag, we headed to hospital and called my doctor at the same time.
The nurse checked my dilation - i was already 4cm dilated! almost halfway liao and so fast.
She did ultrasound on me and found that baby is still breech position.. so no choice cannot deliver naturally already gotta C-section.
The nurse called my doctor to come quickly cos she can feel the baby's leg coming at my cervix already!!

Soon after, I was wheeled into OT and I saw my doctor and the Anesthetist... damn scared and nervous.. Hubby was told to wait at holding area for baby.

Adam Tan Tian Kai
17 May 2009

Though I experienced both contraction and Caesarian pains, but everything is so worth it. :)
Gratz to the arrival of Adam and safe delivery for you...
Take care and enjoy motherhood!

J

justforgags

CONGRATULATIONZZZZZZ!!!:red::Dancing_wub::Dancing_biggrin::laugh::smile::mlaugh:

Frenchkitty

THANK YOU mummies for all the well wishes. I am still getting to know bb and struggling with nappy rash and what-nots. :Dancing_wub:

Yuki Miaka

Adam Tan Tian Kai
17 May 2009

wow congratulation, glad to hear that the deliver is smooth and finally u r seeing ur son le , i was admitted to hospital on the 22nd and deliver my daughter on the 23rd, got a bit of conplication but finally gone through liao...now trying very hard for my milk to flow so tht i can start breast feeding.... jia you jia you...

Frenchkitty

Hi Yuki my milk only came in on the 2nd day so no worries Im sure you can do it!! Your princess only 4 days old.. how precious!

Welcome to motherhood too :tlaugh:

Yuki Miaka

Hi Yuki my milk only came in on the 2nd day so no worries Im sure you can do it!! Your princess only 4 days old.. how precious!

Welcome to motherhood too :tlaugh:
Just felt my breasts are bloated at day 3, but today day 4 -milk still no come out... my bb dun wan to suck my nipple... very impatient, when she taste no milk she doesnt wan to suck anymore and prefer bottle feeding with FM and doesnt wan to latch on ...

i am stll thinking of how to make my milk come out so tht i can pump and bottle feed her.., do you have any ideaa?

Frenchkitty

Just felt my breasts are bloated at day 3, but today day 4 -milk still no come out... my bb dun wan to suck my nipple... very impatient, when she taste no milk she doesnt wan to suck anymore and prefer bottle feeding with FM and doesnt wan to latch on ...

i am stll thinking of how to make my milk come out so tht i can pump and bottle feed her.., do you have any ideaa?
Do you feel your breasts are engorged and hard? If yes you need to massage your breasts to unclog the milk ducts abit and try pumping out.
Pumping will take slightly longer to get milk flowing as compared to latching on but just keep trying and dont give up.

Also, did any Lactation consultant help you with BF during your hosp stay?

Caroltpl

Adam Tan Tian Kai
17 May 2009

Hi Frenchkitty,

I gave birth to my Princess Chloe on 17 May 2009 at 12.35am..
See from the pic that you gave birth at Mt.A too...

Frenchkitty

Hi Frenchkitty,

I gave birth to my Princess Chloe on 17 May 2009 at 12.35am..
See from the pic that you gave birth at Mt.A too...
Oh such a coincidence!! Yes yes me at Mt A... room 361B.. you??
Then Princess Chloe must be one of the babies in the nursery when I go see Adam every morning! :tlaugh: