Why MIL like to behave in this way?

stonston

actualli my relatives prefer giving bengawan solo gift vouchers cos can go use it to purchse other things of same value. i noe my mum like to keep them till near CNY then take all out to use!

ger-mummy

actualli my relatives prefer giving bengawan solo gift vouchers cos can go use it to purchse other things of same value. i know my mum like to keep them till near CNY then take all out to use!
Actually i want to giv bengawan solo voucher, but MIL said not sincere so change lor... Let them br cake hm, if got cake left i sure tell them to finish it. As cake cant keep but voucher can keep mah...

apollo

Actually i want to give bengawan solo voucher, but mother in law said not sincere so change ... Let them br cake hm, if got cake left i sure tell them to finish it. As cake cant keep but voucher can keep mah...
y not sincere?? since u've alrdy book buffet, the cake is optional.. if u give the cake voucher ppl will be v happy.. cos lik wat stonston said, they can choose the cake they want... if got ppl dun wanna take the cake hm or what, ask ur MIL to finish the cake.. maybe give her 2 slices before her meal... ask her finish the cake before having the meal (lik wat she did to ur BB) :001_302::001_302::001_302:

autumn82

why not sincere?? since you've alrdy book buffet, the cake is optional.. if you give the cake voucher ppl will be very happy.. cos lik what stonston said, they can choose the cake they want... if got ppl dont wanna take the cake hm or what, ask your mother in law to finish the cake.. maybe give her 2 slices before her meal... ask her finish the cake before having the meal (lik what she did to your baby) :001_302::001_302::001_302:
Old ppl mentality. Moreover, more "face" if gonna bring the cakes ard mah.. :p

apollo

Old ppl mentality. Moreover, more "face" if gonna bring the cakes around mah.. :p
ask the guest stick the cake voucher on their forehead also can mah :001_302:

want face also must see practical anot lo... sometimes i feel tt those "elderly" shd also respect the younger generations..

i keep tell my hubby tt my BB full month i dun wanna celebrate cos v troublesome but FIL insist.. So i tell him, lao niang will be the one choosing the catering company and the food!!! Just tell me hw many ppl can alrdy, if not dun celebrate! :Dancing_tongue:

autumn82

ask the guest stick the cake voucher on their forehead also can mah :001_302:

want face also must see practical anot ... sometimes i feel that those "elderly" should also respect the younger generations..

i keep tell my hubby that my baby full month i dont wanna celebrate cos very troublesome but father in law insist.. So i tell him, lao niang will be the one choosing the catering company and the food!!! Just tell me hw many ppl can alrdy, if not dont celebrate! :Dancing_tongue:
Wahahahah.. 1st Grandchild mah.. Rite? :tlaugh:I like the lao niang thingy.. :p

pkshl

HAHA! ya 1st.. but very troublesome then imagine baby so kelian will kanna pass around the whole day... xim tia =(
juz tel them to wash their hands when u spot someone trying to carry yr BB. this is what i plan to do. i will watch my BB like a hawk!

stonston

Actually i want to give bengawan solo voucher, but mother in law said not sincere so change ... Let them br cake hm, if got cake left i sure tell them to finish it. As cake cant keep but voucher can keep mah...
sincerity is from the heart, not from actions.

voucher is more practical. ppl can choose wot they like to eat and WHEN they wanna eat. imagine u give cake then they dun eat, damn wasteful!

apollo

just tel them to wash their hands when you spot someone trying to carry your baby. this is what i plan to do. i will watch my baby like a hawk!
i think i'll be following my BB lik body guard.. imagine, during tt time i'm either on confinement or just finish... so tiring.. and some ppl will v buay zhi dong, carry ur BB and WALK ard den we the mothers sure wry mah, will FOLLOW ard.. HAHA... i only hope they wont comment on hw i take care of my BB and how I feed him etc...

sean-tan

like my bb full mth that time also like that. my sister In law always carry my bb here and there also askin for my bb. then my mum know i dont like, (i always complain to my mum bout em) so my mum say (ai yo, let me carry, baby's great grandmother want to c) my mum always find excuses to carry frm her, even my bb's lst one your old party also like that, then you can c two groups of ppl kept askin for my bb... but my sister In law not pai say one, thick skinned....

Last edited:
Think of all these as outsourcing when planning events with inherited relatives.

I had my bb shower at hb's grandfather's house. They wanted to do everything, including buy cakes etc. So i didn't get invovled in the planning or anything. On that day, me, bb and hb went to the house. No clean up, no payment nothing. haha

Same for bb's first birthday. I did 2 parties. One at my mum's place, one at my mil home (unfortunately i live with mil). The one at my mum's place settled by my mum. The one at the house all paid and organised by mil I didn't do a single thing nor could I be bothered. Didn't even do any cleaning up =D Just be there with bb that's all.

apollo

like my baby full month that time also like that. my sister In law always carry my baby here and there also askin for my baby. then my mum know i dont like, (i always complain to my mum bout em) so my mum say (ai yo, let me carry, baby's great grandmother want to c) my mum always find excuses to carry frm her, even my baby's lst one your old party also like that, then you can c two groups of ppl kept askin for my baby... but my sister In law not pai say one, thick skinned....
ask ur SIL to give birth to one la... actu come to think of it, ur SIL dote ur BB right? if not she'll not FOLLOW her liao haha...

i tell u hor, i so scare later pass here pass there my BB drop on the floor how?? i'll sure ki siao lo...

apollo

Think of all these as outsourcing when planning events with inherited relatives.

I had my baby shower at husband's grandfather's house. They wanted to do everything, including buy cakes etc. So i didn't get invovled in the planning or anything. On that day, me, baby and husband went to the house. No clean up, no payment nothing. haha

Same for baby's first birthday. I did 2 parties. One at my mum's place, one at my mother in law home (unfortunately i live with mother in law). The one at my mum's place settled by my mum. The one at the house all paid and organised by mother in law I didn't do a single thing nor could I be bothered. Didn't even do any cleaning up =D Just be there with baby that's all.
u mean they pay they decide right?

my hubby got mention to me b4 tt FIL might want to sponsor BB's buffet... but I straight away say NO! cos i know once they "sponsor" means they decide everything from the catering to the foods.... unless he dun mind paying and let us join in the discussion lo.. afterall it's my BB's full month.. :tlaugh:

ger-mummy

you mean they pay they decide right?

my hubby got mention to me before that father in law might want to sponsor baby's buffet... but I straight away say NO! cos i know once they "sponsor" means they decide everything from the catering to the foods.... unless he dont mind paying and let us join in the discussion .. afterall it's my baby's full month.. :tlaugh:
I dun like PIL to sponsor coz they will call the shot & decide everything by them. Unless they fork out $ & i decide EVERYTHING den is OK

ger-mummy

Juz dunno y PIL wan to chap ji kia so many thing which involve bb... haiz... lucky my own dad & mum is qing cai if not my head goin to burst... anyways, my dad always let us the daughter decide for him

apollo

just dont know why PIL want to chap ji kia so many thing which involve baby... haiz... lucky my own dad & mum is qing cai if not my head goin to burst... anyways, my dad always let us the daughter decide for him
cos they feel tt the BB share the same surname with them thus everything also wanna interfere... internal grandchild mah... LOL...

ger-mummy

Finally, bb full month over liao... haha... the buffet really not enuff lor for their frenz as they come late haha... but i cant be bother... their frenz gotta eat dumpling