When to inform frens and family your are pregnant?

Hi,

Most chinese believe you can't tell people you are pregnant till you are at least 12 weeks, how many of you follow that? And when do you tell people you are pregnant?

LoVeS

i dun believe in tat, i inform my close frds n family when i am 4wks pregnant liao

CynCyn

Hi,

Most chinese believe you can't tell people you are pregnant till you are at least 12 weeks, how many of you follow that? And when do you tell people you are pregnant?
Although im those superstitious type , I do not follow this practice . On the day itself i found out i was pregnant , I practically called/sms everyone and break the good news to them . :001_302:

How abt u ? Do u follow this practice ? :001_302:

xiaodaisy

Hi,

e moment i know it i told my family n frens abt it liao.. even 2 wks oso i start tellin le.. don quite believe in tat ..

stonston

actualli i chose to not say until 3mths not bcos pantang...

but risk of miscarriage is v high in 1st tri...if realli miscarry, it will be v hard to tell every1 abt e miscarriage....worst if pple tell other pple tt u preggie, but nvr pass on e message abt miscarriage then they sms or call to ask how's e pregnancy going along when u r healing fm e sadness of miscarriage....

so me n hb decided not to tell any1 until after 1st tri....it was onli btw e 2 of us n e gynae :)
but 1 of my good fren sensed it, but she din ask...all she said was "must take good care of urself, tell me when u r ready" :D

btw, is gynae advice us not to tell until bb is stable....n when i passed my 1st tri, he told me tt it was time to announce to the world abt this precious little bb :)

For me, I think i will tell my parents only, maybe after 8-10 weeks when the heartbeat is detected and everything more stable then i will tell my friends.

Not pantang, but like stonston, i don't want to explain too much should anything bad happen!

stonston

smurf, my mum n dad's mouth cant keep shut one...so i din tell them too....
imagine when i told them, within 10min, all my couz n aunts start calling/smsing me!!!

vion

When I was pregnant with my older dd (now 7yo), I was abt to go Australia for holiday with dh. I forbid dh to tell his family members cos they'll then asked us to not to go Australia. We went ahead for the holiday n went straight to a gynae the day after we returned. Right after dh saw the scan he started calling everybody le.

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
i just had to share my joy with all my close friends and family on the sameday i knew i'm pregnant. :)

when i found out my pregnant, i only inform my mum, mil n a few close frends abt tis partly bcos i'm having spottin at that time..

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
i just had to share my joy with all my close friends and family on the sameday i knew i'm pregnant. :)
eh.. never tell me... sigh... :nah:

the first baby we told family first... friends were told as and when we met them/talked to them.

2nd baby onwards... told family and I blogged it... so online friends were among the first to know. The rest got sms's when we felt like sending the message out.

cherishbebe

I told my family and my best fren once I know i am pregnant.
Did not hide my status from colleague and frenz..if they ask, i will say. :Dancing_wub:

aby

I told my family and my best fren once I know i am pregnant.

Did not hide my status from colleague and frenz..if they ask, i will say.
:Dancing_wub:

Sama sama.. No pantang one.. More happy and excited to share the gd news to all my close loved ones and friends.. Anyway hard to keep the secret, my tummy show very early one ma.. :tlaugh:

spottycow

My hubby went and told everyone as soon as the gynae confirmed the pregnancy. The very unfortunate, I had to go for D&C after week 8 as there was no more heartbeat. Then I had to go and tell everyone what happened when they come and ask me how I was feeling thinking that I was still pregnant.... That was a very painful period actually.

But subsequent pregnancies, my hubby still go and announce straight after we found out that I m pregnant, even though I insist on not telling so early. Not that I m superstitious, it is just that I don't want to have to tell everyone what happened if things dun work out. But luckily, the pregnancies were successful.

jut

I don't tell until a 'need to basis'. Have had one miscarriage and at that time I wanted to grieve alone. I had some well-meaning consolations from friends/relatives/collegues that were pretty insensitive (don't blame them, not everyone has gone through it before). Hence, subsequent pregnancies I don't tell till people ask.

hee hee... i also quite pantang... didn't inform anybody except my parents and hubby of course until after 3 months....

i think the pantang thing is baby inside your stomach is very 'xiao qi'... they dun want u to talk about them... n also becoz of any miscarriage in case...

but after 3 months must tell, so that people dun scare u unnecessarily... ironic yeah... :tlaugh:

Mrs Xie

I heard from a friend saying that she tells almost the whole world that she was 8wks preggy that time and later went miscarriaged. To play safe, I choose to tell only to my family members when I was 2mths preggy. After the 4mth, I'm not hesitating to tell anybody about that :001_302:

babypris86

ya my collegues also... got 2 got miscarriage the 1st time when they pregnant cuz they told ppl when they are 4 weeks pregnant... so now they padang.... but for me i don care that much... if God knows u are ready, the baby will be yours.. sorry ar.. cuz i am some one who believe there is always a reason behind things... hehe hehe... but for me i only got to inform my parents and relative when i am 5 months pregnant... cuz its only when i am 5 months pregnant then i got to know i am pregnant...