Diaper rash

sal

for me..i use PP solution to wash their backside...

PP- Potassium Promanganate..if spell correctly...can buy from guardian pharmacy

has been very useful

xiaodaisy

How long will the rash be gone ?
When I wash his buttocks start crying . I apply powder and desitin cream also . Bt now he still having diahreoa making it worst .
or maybe u don let him waer pampers in e day .. wear the cloth wan loh cos tat wan is more comfortable den pampers.. at nite den pampers cos last longer loh.. if diahreoa still comtinue change his milk powder to soya de temporary den sometimes also cos current milk powder don suit him den cause him like tat de.. actually after seein doctor it shld stop ard 1 or 2 days time.. if still like tat see e doctor again or change into soya formula temporary

Mum2Matty

ALAMAK!!!! This is really bad. Heart pain for your son.

U know what I do when my son had very bad diaper rash? I just apply CORN STARCH. It's very effective.

I pour the corn starch in my powder container and just use the puff to apply all over his buttock, groin and penis area. It works really well because it helps to aborbs moisture and heal the rash.

If you hv corn starch at home now... USE it!

When the rash is this bad, desitin cream, aloe vera gel or calamine lotion will causes stinging feeling, and your son will cry. That's what happen to my son, he cry until face all red/purple. After I start to use corn starch, it heals the area very well and he does not cry during diaper change anymore.

Do not use any more wet wipes, if possible bring him to wash his backside after poo.

And also, change the diaper more often now until the rash is gone.

Hope your son get well soon!

jedamum

cyn cyn...how long has the diaherra been going on? when you bring your boy back to the doc for the rash and following up on the diaherra, you may want to check with your doctor if you can give your boy yogurt. when my boy had diaherra (caused by imbalanced of good germs in his tummy as a result of antibiotics taken to cure his thrush), my pedia advised to us to give yogurt...my boy's diaherra went away after 3 days.

Mum2Matty

besides yogurt, you can also give probiotics powder, it's called BabyLife, available at GNC outlets. They put in the fridge.

Agnes Josephine

ALAMAK!!!! This is really bad. Heart pain for your son.

U know what I do when my son had very bad diaper rash? I just apply CORN STARCH. It's very effective.

I pour the corn starch in my powder container and just use the puff to apply all over his buttock, groin and penis area. It works really well because it helps to aborbs moisture and heal the rash.

If you hv corn starch at home now... USE it!

When the rash is this bad, desitin cream, aloe vera gel or calamine lotion will causes stinging feeling, and your son will cry. That's what happen to my son, he cry until face all red/purple. After I start to use corn starch, it heals the area very well and he does not cry during diaper change anymore.

Do not use any more wet wipes, if possible bring him to wash his backside after poo.

And also, change the diaper more often now until the rash is gone.

Hope your son get well soon!

Yes... Agreed what's mentioned above.. Corn starch powder is GOOD for heat rash & diaper rash...

Cyn, use water to clean his bottom... it reduces the pain in him...

HUGS~ to Brayden...

sal

Poor baby...

Can u try to soak his backside wz PP solution (dilute wz water of cuz)..it really helps.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
calamine lotion is available at Guardian... ask the counter assistant to show u.

We use Sudocrem (avail frm Mothercare) at our house. Its good for everything from diaper rash to cuts and scrapes. Very good barrier cream too!

bpquek

Hi

You can get cream (sorry, cant remember the name, you check with the doc) from doc for the rash, it heal very fast.

BChew

Actually desitin is a very good cream. My eldest son had the bad rash when he was about 6 mths old ( quite similar to your son ) but after using it on him, he recovered very fast. He also cried very hard when I applied on him ( too inflammed ) but no choice, I still did it anyway.

Last edited:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
if the rash is that bad... please go see a doc (not necessarily a PD... GPs are good too). they have stronger creams that will clear things up really fast!

LoVeS

Yes... Agreed what's mentioned above.. Corn starch powder is GOOD for heat rash & diaper rash...

Cyn, use water to clean his bottom... it reduces the pain in him...

HUGS~ to Brayden...
corn starch powder where to buy?

My ds's lan pa below aso start to haf bad rash. I wonder is it due to weather how come it seem like quite a few baby aso having diaper rash.

CynCyn

corn starch powder where to buy?

My ds's lan pa below aso start to haf bad rash. I wonder is it due to weather how come it seem like quite a few baby aso having diaper rash.
Kiddy palace . Only $1.85 .
It is pureen brand . :001_302: