Chinese 7th mth: DO you all bring your BB out?

autumn82

The lunar calendar is always one month later than the English calender, meaning if now is August, Lunar is July.

Sometimes of the year we get twin months, tats called Ren Yue. Twin meaning there are double Julys or Double Mays, depending on where it is fixed. Such that it ties in with the English calender.

This year there is twin month in May, otherwise it will fall behind by 2 months.

This is due to the cycle and days, becoz chinese calender only has 29 or 30 days.

First day of seventh month for this year, also known as the Ghost month, falls on the 20th August 2009, which is this coming Thursday.
:eek: *applause*

CanCanMum

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh: Also water what... :p

Then cannot bathe!!! hOrhOr...

Erm.. For myself, weekdays not a problem coz they will be in lala land by 7pm. Weekends have to go parent in law place, so no choice either. Prob will be home late too. :001_302:
:err::err::err: "hands" cannot get thru the concrete floor wahahhaha~~~~

apollo

wahahhahah i thought was home bathtub tats why i say boliaOOOOooo zzzzz :p

erm....got float and got you lookin at him rite???

i meant those public pools or beaches laaaa....pple say got ghosts inside water will pull the legs :p
*shiver* :embarrassed:

snowbear

*shiver* :embarrassed:
I dun subscribe to these beliefs all along. In fact, when i was younger, i found that the best time to swim was during the 7th month... less people, can have more space to do my laps.. kekeke... Anyway, i think for bb swimming, you're looking at bb all the time so shld be safe. Dun need to be too paranoid about it. So many people looking in when babies are 'swimming' at hwaxia anyway... very safe. :)

JusMum

why cant call baby names on month seventh? when i bring my dear son out , i will call his name , when i bring him home , i also call his name , ~~~

apollo

why cant call baby names on month seventh? when i bring my dear son out , i will call his name , when i bring him home , i also call his name , ~~~
i also dont know leh even when not 7th mth my mum also told me not to call ds name at night when we're outside... when i ask her why she just tell me dont ask so much...

Domique

dont ask so much!
wahahha
thats wat they always say when they themselves also dunno the answer
hope we will not be like them next time!

i also dont know even when not 7th month my mum also told me not to call dear son name at night when we're outside... when i ask her why she just tell me dont ask so much...

Ting

my mum say dun call the name so tt the "good fren" wont know the name, if not will follow the child i think?
also, my gf told me, at night after 9-10 pm, dun cook, dun leave food on the table overnight, either finish up, keep away or throw. cos these "frens" r hungry, n they might think u leave it for them.
cos my gf can sense these tings, n once she was online til very late, n she forgot to eat her dinner, then she can sense got 3-4 "frens" hopping up n down at the dining table. so she faster finish up n then "they left".

also, when u walking on the st alone with no one, n if u hear someone call your name, dun turn arnd.
if smell anything fragrant/stinky out of no where, (as in if u r not near a rubbish dump or anything) dun comment loudly abt it, if not the smell will follow u....
these r some tt i heard, hv alot tt my frens tell me abt..... so scary!

anyway, back to topic, my mum also asked me nt to bring pin out too late, which i wont. better safe than sorry.

Jmumi

dont ask so much!
wahahha
thats what they always say when they themselves also dont know the answer
hope we will not be like them next time!
lol...ya lor! whenever i tried to ask why? DUN ASK SO MUCH! hmmm...at least i know the answer then i will not be guessing mah...

apollo

my mum say dont call the name so that the "good friend" wont know the name, if not will follow the child i think?
also, my gf told me, at night after 9-10 pm, dont cook, dont leave food on the table overnight, either finish up, keep away or throw. cos these "friends" are hungry, and they might think you leave it for them.
cos my gf can sense these tings, and once she was online til very late, and she forgot to eat her dinner, then she can sense got 3-4 "friends" hopping up and down at the dining table. so she faster finish up and then "they left".

also, when you walking on the st alone with no one, and if you hear someone call your name, dont turn arnd.
if smell anything fragrant/stinky out of no where, (as in if you are not near a rubbish dump or anything) dont comment loudly about it, if not the smell will follow you....
these are some that i heard, have alot that my friends tell me about..... so scary!

anyway, back to topic, my mum also asked me not to bring pin out too late, which i wont. better safe than sorry.
i heard b4 too... sometimes when suddenly smell sth funny, just diam diam...:tlaugh:

JusMum

so on month seventh dun call my dear boy name at nite , even though nomarlly at nite also dun call ~~ LOL ~~``

-jOanna

Will babies cry a lot during 7th month?
Cuz from what I know they are innocent and can see things..
If whole month see things sure cry whole month -.-