EDD (September 2009)

newbie2009

Went for blood test yesterday..
Ace is 22 days yeaterday and his B. Serum level is 169..
Going back next Thur and have to take more blood next thur to test for the liver..
Normally liver test result will only be out 3 days, if never receive call from them, mean result normal..

Expected. As all my sons had jaundice and is prolong jaundice, that means they had jaundice for more than a month...
your kid still have jaundice? that is a very long time. My baby has stopped going to the polyclinic since like the first week. the doc say that his jaundice level is dropping so no need to visit them.

How are you coping with your baby?

You have to drink more water but dont drink fresh milk, not good for baby.
Dont stress and relax. If not enough milk jux supply w some formula.
Your milk will just come as long as you just keep letting baby to latch on.
hi tricia...y is fresh milk not good? wat bout those magnolia lo-fat hi-cal milk? i drink this and also the similac formula for breastfeeding mums...

joopjoop

Tricia's son, Ace born in 2 Sept.
SexyFlor's son on 3 Sept
Pigletif's son on 4 Sept
Esthergal's son on 13 Sept
Cyanidebaby's son on 14 Sept
Felicissimo's daughter on 16 Sept
JoopJoop's son on 16 Sept

Jerlene

but thought he is already 22 days, 169 should be fine already.
cos my baby is 150 when i bring him to polyclinic on tue.
and ystday i bring him back to the pediatrician which had been seeing him since birth. ystday did a blood test and the level is around 130 already.
so i no need to go back see her already. next appt will be 1 mths time or his injection in 2 weeks.

but i knw that polyclinic will want baby jaundice to drop to below 100 than no need to go back.

i guess my baby had been drinking alot of milk (90ml every 2 hrly) and poo alot, thus the jaundice went down.
I just wan to check with you that we can bring baby to polyclinic to test for jaundice level. Do we need any referal letter??? How long the test results will be out??? How much u paying"????

joopjoop

oh hi joop ~ how's your labour?
As a first time mummy, the experience was amazing, painful and joyful. Hahaha. Cos the contractions were quite painful and it gets more and more frequent but I still manage to make it. I went through normal delivery w/o epidurial, it amazing that I can take it and pushed my baby out. It's joyful when I see my baby.

My edd was 15 sept but baby was not out yet so my gyn said to induce on 16 sept. My labour took me about 4 hrs from admission to Mt A, busting of water bag, contractions and baby born.

pigletif

I just want to check with you that we can bring baby to polyclinic to test for jaundice level. Do we need any referal letter??? How long the test results will be out??? How much you paying"????
u can just go polyclinic, no need referral letter. its much much cheaper.
the result will be out last than 30mins. but it depends on whether crowded or not, cos when result out, u still need to wait to see the doc, than the doc will tell u the jaundice level.
i paid $15puls the first time. consultation and blood test.

newbie2009

SexyFlor's son on 3 Sept
Pigletif's son on 4 Sept
Jerlene's daughter on 8 Sept
newbie2009's son on 9th Sept

Jerlene

you can just go polyclinic, no need referral letter. its much much cheaper.
the result will be out last than 30mins. but it depends on whether crowded or not, cos when result out, you still need to wait to see the doc, than the doc will tell you the jaundice level.
i paid $15puls the first time. consultation and blood test.
Hi Pigletif, thanks for ur info. Actually my doc nvr ask me to go for test again after her level drop down. But he did mention if jaundice still there must go and see him. So i was thinking shld i go to polyclinic to check on her jaundice level.

newbie2009

Hi Pigletif, thanks for your info. Actually my doc never ask me to go for test again after her level drop down. But he did mention if jaundice still there must go and see him. So i was thinking shld i go to polyclinic to check on her jaundice level.
how much did it cost u to do the jaundice test?

pigletif

Hi Pigletif, thanks for your info. Actually my doc never ask me to go for test again after her level drop down. But he did mention if jaundice still there must go and see him. So i was thinking shld i go to polyclinic to check on her jaundice level.
the doc is too far from my place and i cannot tahan paying the consultation fee to her, so i decide to bring her to polyclinic.
u can try bringing ur bb to polyclinic and the doc will tell u whether the level is high or not.
if after the polyclinic check u still don feel good, than u bring back to your doc. that's wat i did.

tika

my mea also got jaundice. 12 days old only but kena poke at the heel 3 times already. heart pain to hear her cry each time. her jaundice level is still the same the last time we went to polyclinic (friday). must go back there tomorrow again to do the 4th blood test. Sigh....am beginning to wonder whether I shd stop feeding her breastmilk and switch to FM for awhile. Was told by PD at TMC breastmilk can make jaundice worse.

her skin is also peeling really bad. i tried putting organic olive oil and johnson's baby lotion but still no difference. Was told by polyclinic doctor that overdue babies (40 weeks above) tend to get more peeling skin than babies born earlier. Mea was born at 37 weeks, its puzzling why her skin peels badly all over.

pigletif

my mea also got jaundice. 12 days old only but kena poke at the heel 3 times already. heart pain to hear her cry each time. her jaundice level is still the same the last time we went to polyclinic (friday). must go back there tomorrow again to do the 4th blood test. Sigh....am beginning to wonder whether I should stop feeding her breastmilk and switch to FM for awhile. Was told by pediatrician at Thomson Medical Center breastmilk can make jaundice worse.

her skin is also peeling really bad. i tried putting organic olive oil and johnson's baby lotion but still no difference. Was told by polyclinic doctor that overdue babies (40 weeks above) tend to get more peeling skin than babies born earlier. Mea was born at 37 weeks, its puzzling why her skin peels badly all over.
my bb skin also peel.. i ignore it. but after 2 weeks it got better already. i thought mine is becos under the light (for jaundice) for too long,that's why very dry...

don be so sad, my bb was worst. not able to come home with after birth, everyday kana poke. And after a week, finally can go home but who knws after 2 days, admitted back again for another 2 days... confinement like no confinement. cos everyday went to see him and bf him.

my pd nv tell me to stop bf, just told me that i must have enough to feed or else bb will dehydrate. so what i did is pump out and feed to make sure he got enough.
than i will give fm whenever i do not have enough bm.

although my bb got G6PD, but his jaundice is currently under control after 3 weeks from birth. mayb becos he drink alot and poo alot.
so u must make sure u got enough to feed ok? i also tried bringing him out to sun although i do not knw whether got use or not.

tika

my baby skin also peel.. i ignore it. but after 2 weeks it got better already. i thought mine is becos under the light (for jaundice) for too long,that's why very dry...

dont be so sad, my baby was worst. not able to come home with after birth, everyday kana poke. And after a week, finally can go home but who knws after 2 days, admitted back again for another 2 days... confinement like no confinement. cos everyday went to see him and bf him.

my pediatrician never tell me to stop bf, just told me that i must have enough to feed or else baby will dehydrate. so what i did is pump out and feed to make sure he got enough.
than i will give fm whenever i do not have enough breast milk.

although my baby got G6PD, but his jaundice is currently under control after 3 weeks from birth. mayb becos he drink alot and poo alot.
so you must make sure you got enough to feed ok? i also tried bringing him out to sun although i do not knw whether got use or not.
ok then i better just keep feeding her bm still. the pd i saw was ai tin from tmc. she told me to buy fm and stop bm in case my baby's jaundice level shoots up.

is your baby home yet?? im also starting to think all the sunbathing the past few days is making her peeling dry skin worse.

SexyFlor

SexyFlor's son on 3 Sept
Pigletif's son on 4 Sept
Jerlene's daughter on 8 Sept
newbie2009's son on 9th Sept
most of us have baby boy...

SexyFlor

Do u all put ur baby in the sarong to rock ur baby to sleep...? I bought a sarong stand from kiddy palace at $85. Good deal and my baby is willing to sleep in the sarong.. dun hv to carry him to sleep... Got back pain liao..

SexyFlor

Sept mummies, i do have alot of breastmilk... but now it seems like its drying it up liao.. how to increase the breastmilk? I only breastfeed him twice a day during the nite.. Cos this be the cause of the low level of breastmilk..!

newbie2009

Sept mummies, i do have alot of breastmilk... but now it seems like its drying it up .. how to increase the breastmilk? I only breastfeed him twice a day during the nite.. Cos this be the cause of the low level of breastmilk..!
my lactation nurse recommends that I pump the milk every 3 hrs. And if the baby wants the milk when we are supposed to pump, first feed the baby, then continue to pump. The 3 hrs schedule is supposed to be fixed (ie. 12pm, 3pm ,6pm...regardless what time the baby want, we just continue to pump at that timing). And each time try to pump for about 30min, 5mins on each side.

Tricia

my mea also got jaundice. 12 days old only but kena poke at the heel 3 times already. heart pain to hear her cry each time. her jaundice level is still the same the last time we went to polyclinic (friday). must go back there tomorrow again to do the 4th blood test. Sigh....am beginning to wonder whether I should stop feeding her breastmilk and switch to FM for awhile. Was told by pediatrician at Thomson Medical Center breastmilk can make jaundice worse.

Hi tika

my 3 babies, all ve sick problem.
I have been using this California Baby Calendula Cream, it is very good for dry skin and heat rashes, etc..
I tin you can get it fro Watson. I bought it from Little Dreamers.
This is the wedsite: Little Dreamers - Natural Bath & Bodycare Products, Organic Clothes & Diaper Bags

Hope this help..

pigletif

ok then i better just keep feeding her breast milk still. the pediatrician i saw was ai tin from Thomson Medical Center. she told me to buy fm and stop breast milk in case my baby's jaundice level shoots up.

is your baby home yet?? im also starting to think all the sunbathing the past few days is making her peeling dry skin worse.
ya, baby is home. now under control. everyday will take a close look at him whether yellow or not . .