COV - Lets share !!~

LoVeS

So lets share how much COV u had paid for ur flat n indicate when did u bought it, wat kind of flat, location !!~

For me i bought my JW 4rm at tis mth, it nt even near mrt n i paid for 27k ~

Stopid COV so much tat end up my budget for my reno need to cut down tat now i worry if is enuff or nt >.<

allycat

Yeah, heard that the COV these days are terrible. I didnt pay any COV when I bought my flat 6 years ago. Lucky me :D

LoVeS

Yeah, heard that the COV these days are terrible. I didnt pay any COV when I bought my flat 6 years ago. Lucky me :D
U aso 4gotten to mention tat the flats 6yrs ago was much cheaper too~ :shyxxx:

I bought my 4rm at 315k including COV~

PinkDiamonds

No COV paid when I bought in April 2009. :D

Ballot and got the house. Paid $250k for my 4 room flat.

:D:D:D

Btw, heard from my hubby now got people asking for as much as 80k COV!

Last edited:

tinkerball

bought a 3 room flat for 290k on top of 7k of cov. going for the 1st appt this thurs. this is the lowest cov we can find. though i was initially hoping to get a 4rm cos we still have budget for bigger flat, the high cov make it practically impossible for us to get one. now trying to find a flat with zero or low cov is like trying to find needle in a haystack. Pinkdiamonds, u managed to get a flat by balloting from hdb? u are so so lucky lerrr...... envy u..

PinkDiamonds

bought a 3 room flat for 290k on top of 7k of cov. going for the 1st appt this thurs. this is the lowest cov we can find. though i was initially hoping to get a 4rm cos we still have budget for bigger flat, the high cov make it practically impossible for us to get one. now trying to find a flat with zero or low cov is like trying to find needle in a haystack. Pinkdiamonds, you managed to get a flat by balloting from hdb? you are so so lucky lerrr...... envy you..
Yeah we got number 157 and lucky for us that time most people went for the 5-room flats and we managed to get our 2nd choice of flat. Only thing is balloting cannot use the 40k grant, because we weren't within same town nor 1km or our parents' place.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Yeah we got number 157 and lucky for us that time most people went for the 5-room flats and we managed to get our 2nd choice of flat. Only thing is balloting cannot use the 40k grant, because we weren't within same town nor 1km or our parents' place.
U rather dun wan $40K... than stay near your parents ahh? :p
:red::red::red:

tinkerball

its not that bad. compare the price of the open market to the ones direct from hdb, its cheap cheap. almost every month i went for balloting since 2007 also no luck. really hopeless. feel like migrating elsewhere but no money. now people are driving up cov's.. government not doing anything.. something need to be done for the low incomers.

we bought our em @ 445k incl. 12k cov.
we tried for balloting too but the Q no. was 4thousand plus :001_07:
so no choice we went to buy from the open market lorr.
thinking back... i wonder why i believed immediately when the agent told me got another potential buyer ready to pay $11k cov. . :weconfused: hahahha

LoVeS

thinking back... i wonder why i believed immediately when the agent told me got another potential buyer ready to pay $11k cov. . :weconfused: hahahha
when did u bought it?? actually is em more ex than 5rm flat??

allycat

EM at 445k is already very cheap leh. When did u buy it?

Loves: i think it depends on location. some 5-room flat near certain mrt can be more ex than em. mine is not near the mrt. saw one ad, an EM in bishan, near mrt, smaller than my exisiting one, but it costs $670K! i bought mine more than a yr ago.

allycat: yah, i guess so. the seller wasnt that happy about the evaluation because she bought it for more than half a mil. think 20 over yrs ago. =(

xicloudix

I bought my 3 room flat in tamp. last March 2009 (completed transaction in June 2009) for 265K, no COV ^^

was queuing for the HDB flats, but always either get 2000+++ or no number at all (too many ppl, so HDB says no point issue number as they feel that by the time my turn no flats left).... fed up with queuing and started to find agents to lookout for flat...

sufeit0115

Bought my 4rm PA at May 2009 for S$344K (inclusive 2K COV). From July09 onwards, the COV market shoot up from min 10K to 20K to now even more crazy market (which my next door neighbour asking for $40K cov) That time baby was on the way so didn't search for too long before committed.