Leg Cramps

PTB7476

Had my 1st leg cramp early this morning... and it just happened without warning and i have to wake my poor hubby up to massage my calf...based on the link below...shortage of calcium or magnesium maybe one of the reason but i have been taking calcium pill (600mg) and taking annum milk /etc and multi-vit etc so hmm...why do i still get cramp ?

also can we use those heat rub when we have cramps ?? or all we can is massage the leg and do some preventation exercise ?

Leg cramps (pregnancy sleep)

bakaholic

The extra calcium or magnesium didn't work for me. I know is if i take cooling veg like kangkong, beansprouts or too much eggplant and lady's fingers, i will get cramps at night.

jas2909

Taking in Calcium might help but there's no evidence showing it in totally preventing the cramp from happening..

I realised my leg will cramp if I take coke and walk a lot during the day..

PTB7476

wow your leg cramps come very fast~ i thought it will happen only in much later stage~
according to the link it can happen in 2nd and 3rd trimester ... and frankly speaking i also dunno why ... my weight didnt increased alot only 3kg so that should be not a burden on my leg ... but then yesterday i did steal a couple sip of coke :embarrassed: maybe like Jas2909 it just came when drank coke ...so no more coke for me and also time to exercise to stretch the muscle

pregbee

I also have cramps in these two weeks. And after the cramps the caft muscle will pain for two days.... very disturbing:(

i asked gynae, but she say no specific reason for this, but must stretch the leg more often. me 18 wks 2 days preggy!!!

Still very excited and awaiting to feel the first flutter in my stomach:)

PTB7476

I also have cramps in these two weeks. And after the cramps the caft muscle will pain for two days.... very disturbing:(

i asked gynae, but she say no specific reason for this, but must stretch the leg more often. me 18 wks 2 days preggy!!!

Still very excited and awaiting to feel the first flutter in my stomach:)
pregbee, did you ask your gynae whether can we use heat rub ?

P4nic

according to the link it can happen in 2nd and 3rd trimester ... and frankly speaking i also dont know why ... my weight didnt increased alot only 3kg so that should be not a burden on my leg ... but then yesterday i did steal a couple sip of coke :embarrassed: maybe like Jas2909 it just came when drank coke ...so no more coke for me and also time to exercise to stretch the muscle
i do drink coke sometimes.. temptation hehe.. i dinno it will cause leg cramps.. must take note le

PTB7476

i do drink coke sometimes.. temptation hehe.. i dinno it will cause leg cramps.. must take note
well i too cannot resist temptation and co-incidently yesterday i did steal a few sip from my colleagues and who know... i had cramp at night and i too din know they can cause cramps until Jas2909 said she had it when she had coke... but frankly speaking i cannot see the linkage between coke aka sugar water and leg cramps :tlaugh:personally i think it should be lack of exercise and the nerve got stiff so when i had sudden movement at night ... it hit it and so leg cramp

P4nic

well i too cannot resist temptation and co-incidently yesterday i did steal a few sip from my colleagues and who know... i had cramp at night and i too did not know they can cause cramps until Jas2909 said she had it when she had coke... but frankly speaking i cannot see the linkage between coke aka sugar water and leg cramps :tlaugh:personally i think it should be lack of exercise and the nerve got stiff so when i had sudden movement at night ... it hit it and so leg cramp
I should think so too.. Maybe u sit too long or u sleep lying on ur back. Sometimes I sit too long I have backache too.. Doc oso advice me must walk walk a bit dun keep sitting down

mrs_eg

Had my 1st leg cramp early this morning... and it just happened without warning and i have to wake my poor hubby up to massage my calf...based on the link below...shortage of calcium or magnesium maybe one of the reason but i have been taking calcium pill (600mg) and taking annum milk /etc and multi-vit etc so hmm...why do i still get cramp ?

also can we use those heat rub when we have cramps ?? or all we can is massage the leg and do some preventation exercise ?

Leg cramps (pregnancy sleep)

sadly.. this is common symptom... hehehe..
you can
-take a warm bath...
-massage ur leg...
-do some stretching b4 u sleep or once in a while...
-elevate ur legs while u sleep...
-or wear supportive socks that helps in blood circulation and soothes tiredness...

hope this helps!:001_302:

jas2909

well i too cannot resist temptation and co-incidently yesterday i did steal a few sip from my colleagues and who know... i had cramp at night and i too did not know they can cause cramps until Jas2909 said she had it when she had coke... but frankly speaking i cannot see the linkage between coke aka sugar water and leg cramps :tlaugh:personally i think it should be lack of exercise and the nerve got stiff so when i had sudden movement at night ... it hit it and so leg cramp

HAha.. coz coke will quench calcium away from your body.. so maybe that's why will experience cramp after drinking coke.. but again there's no research proof to this link.. :001_302: