Anyone going for/gone for babymoon in their 2nd trimester?

cmeilim

We went to Bali with our tod when i was in late first tri, because our trip was planned earlier than conception. We are thinking of going somewhere in my 2nd tri. The last pregnancy, we went to phuket for six days. This time, we can't decide between HK or somewhere more 'zo-bo' (do nothing) like beach resort or hill resort. Our tod will be coming with us too. We don't really wanna spend too much on a luxury treat too because baby #2 will add to costs already.

Any tips/advice/recommendations? =)

Mummy to Baby V

During second trimester, I visited Langkawi, Melacca and Hong Kong. All are suitable for preggie mums as long as you're fit. :) After baby was delivered, I have no trip for 1.5 years!!! (Travelling between S'pore & KL doesn't count for us.)

Go where you think you'll enjoy yourself more.

ellyeun

i just came back from a cruise:001_302:... planning to go hk couple of days time!
I think shld be fine, but anything more than 28wks, it's safer to get a doc letter to travel

Mummy to Baby V

i just came back from a cruise:001_302:... planning to go hk couple of days time!
I think shld be fine, but anything more than 28wks, it's safer to get a doc letter to travel
Even in 2nd trimester, it's better to get Dr's letter to show the airline. They requested to see my letter when I was only 5-6 months' pregnant. Then had to sign an indemnity letter.

cmeilim

thanks, mummies, for sharing. more ideas welcomed!

i also just found out about a small island off the coast of mersing in peninsular msia, called pulau rawa. the beach looks very pristine and there are only two small resorts on the island. looks perfect for an idyllic weekend getaway if my energy level doesn't pick up and my morning sickness continues in my 2nd tri. anyone been there and can provide any reviews?

Phoebii Cheng

At my 2nd tri i went to bintan with hubby to relax.. you can try there....

Hi Wendy, you went Bintan? how much did you spend including accomodation plus f&b?

Cos' I want to surprise my hubby with a weekend/day getaway for his birthday:tlaugh:

cmeilim

phoebii, if u do go to bintan, do go to aura spa. the massages there are great! they provide two-way transport included in the packages. the staff are really friendly too. they took care of our 5-month-old while my hubby and i enjoyed the spa treatments and dinner at their own restaurant just next door to the spa - in all nearly 6 hours and the babysitting is FOC!

Phoebii Cheng

phoebii, if you do go to bintan, do go to aura spa. the massages there are great! they provide two-way transport included in the packages. the staff are really friendly too. they took care of our 5-month-old while my hubby and i enjoyed the spa treatments and dinner at their own restaurant just next door to the spa - in all nearly 6 hours and the babysitting is free of charge!
Hi Carol, which hotel did you go to in Bintan?

cmeilim

During second trimester, I visited Langkawi, Melacca and Hong Kong. All are suitable for preggie mums as long as you're fit. :) After baby was delivered, I have no trip for 1.5 years!!! (Travelling between S'pore & KL doesn't count for us.)

Go where you think you'll enjoy yourself more.

hi mummy V, which hotels did u stay at in these three places? how do u rate them?

cmeilim

Hi Carol, which hotel did you go to in Bintan?

we stayed at angsana spa for 3D2N under a special promo with laguna holiday club then. think incl two-way ferry and land transfers, breakfasts and one free lunch was $200 or thereabouts. but this was a limited time promo last year and we were lucky to have found it. also, there was a catch: we had to attend a 1.5hr presentation on laguna holiday club. but we didn't sign up for it eventually.

heard that mayang sari is very nice too.

cmeilim

hi ellyeun,

which hotel will u be staying at in hk and roughly how much it costs per nite?

Phoebii Cheng

we stayed at angsana spa for 3D2N under a special promo with laguna holiday club then. think incl two-way ferry and land transfers, breakfasts and one free lunch was $200 or thereabouts. but this was a limited time promo last year and we were lucky to have found it. also, there was a catch: we had to attend a 1.5hr presentation on laguna holiday club. but we didn't sign up for it eventually.

heard that mayang sari is very nice too.
Ohh thanks will keep a lookout for it:tlaugh:

cmeilim

Hi mummies,

Anyone think BKK is a good idea?

Thanks!

personally i wouldn't go at this time because the year for BKK has been one of political instability. i won't want to be caught in a situation when i can't leave the city for whatever reasons, just to play safe.

I've just first heard of this in here. If going on a babymoon, I'll choose a place where there's a beautiful scenery which will be exciting and fun to visit..