Charges for Delivery - THE BIG DAY

apollo

Wah $4k...sigh i only prepare $2k cash cos not so well to do. Really must start praying already. I also scare last min things. So far no one in forum indicate if lack of cash in payment what would they do. Sigh i think i better stick to 4-bedded n start praying for the best...
ehh best is prepare more than enough. mine was schedules c-sect last yr June, also chose 4 bedded but paid ard 2.4k cash. this yr, the hospital bill sure increase as hospitals bills increase yearly. and no one can guarantee urs is natural birth, what if bb's head didnt turn? (fyi, ds turned his body up and down during the last few weeks LOL) what if emergency c-sect? Sry i'm not cursing u, but ur baby is the one who decide the mode of delivery, not u or ur gynae.. so, it is better to prepare more than enough cash =)

Last edited:

star_star

i also scared not enuf money cuz im single mother... work n save so hard during pregnancy,now resting n waiting for my boy to come out cuz edd on 13th oct but he alreadi 3.3kg so mite induce tis coming fri... i oni prepare 2k also so i ask ard n borrow money,asked a fren to stand by extra 2 or 3k incase naughty boy give me prob during birth... haha... if end up have to use my fren's money den i tink i will take 1 or 2yrs to pay back... haha... no choice...

PinkDiamonds

I delivered @ TMC in May 2009, 4-bedded natural with epidural & induced. Free upgrade to 2-bedded. I was in labor & delivery ward for almost 9 hours.

Paid $2.2k in cash + $1.8k Medisave claim = Total hospital bill including gynae charges & baby was $4k.

I am delivering next weekend via schedule C-section. Gynae told me she will be charging extra as it's weekend. Have booked a 4-bedded ward too & hopefully they'll upgrade me to 2-bedded. :D

If you refer here there is an estimation of hospital bill size. Assuming you are going for 4-bedded normal delivery, 90% pay $4156. After considering Medisave claim of $2100, most likely you'll need to pay $2k cash. If you're going for induction and with epidural, think it's safer to prepare $3k as there will be extra charges like anesthetist's fees, medicine, etc.

Sorry I don't know what the management will do if you're unable to make full payment upon discharge. But I hope you get some answers soon! May you have a smooth delivery. :)

Juz17

ehh best is prepare more than enough. mine was schedules c-sect last yr June, also chose 4 bedded but paid around 2.4k cash. this yr, the hospital bill sure increase as hospitals bills increase yearly. and no one can guarantee urs is natural birth, what if baby's head didnt turn? (fyi, dear son turned his body up and down during the last few weeks LOL) what if emergency c-sect? Sry i'm not cursing you, but your baby is the one who decide the mode of delivery, not you or your gynae.. so, it is better to prepare more than enough cash =)
Not tat i dun wan...anyway thanks...
Perhaps i shld start buying 4d

Juz17

i also scared not enuf money cuz im single mother... work n save so hard during pregnancy,now resting n waiting for my boy to come out cuz edd on 13th oct but he alreadi 3.3kg so mite induce tis coming fri... i oni prepare 2k also so i ask around n borrow money,asked a friend to stand by extra 2 or 3k incase naughty boy give me prob during birth... haha... if end up have to use my friend's money then i tink i will take 1 or 2yrs to pay back... haha... no choice...
I understand yr situation. Will pray for u for the best. Glad u did ask for some 'standby' help. Jia you! :) anyhow choosing 4-bedded perhaps can help in lightening the load. Bring own maternity pads n disposable undies to prevent additional costs. I did tat...i heard alot of hidden costs n the lesser equipment u use, the lower the cost will be. Btw induce gt extra charges...:)

Juz17

I delivered @ Thomson Medical Center in May 2009, 4-bedded natural with epidural & induced. Free upgrade to 2-bedded. I was in labor & delivery ward for almost 9 hours.

Paid $2.2k in cash + $1.8k Medisave claim = Total hospital bill including gynae charges & baby was $4k.

I am delivering next weekend via schedule C-section. Gynae told me she will be charging extra as it's weekend. Have booked a 4-bedded ward too & hopefully they'll upgrade me to 2-bedded. :D

If you refer here there is an estimation of hospital bill size. Assuming you are going for 4-bedded normal delivery, 90% pay $4156. After considering Medisave claim of $2100, most likely you'll need to pay $2k cash. If you're going for induction and with epidural, think it's safer to prepare $3k as there will be extra charges like anesthetist's fees, medicine, etc.

Sorry I dont't know what the management will do if you're unable to make full payment upon discharge. But I hope you get some answers soon! May you have a smooth delivery. :)
Thanks for the advice. I guess i will nid to go find tat extra 1 or 2k in case of emergency..:)

stonston

My friend's $6.8k bill is cash, after CPF claim.

Anyway, most ppl settle bill by credit card first, then worry later.
They will not let you or baby go home until payment is made (for private hospital).
I saw one family waiting for relative to bring money when I was discharged from hospital.

apollo

dun wry.. at the meantime, save as much as possible. if dun have CC, maybe borrow abit from ur parents/inlaws just to STANDBY 1st. =)

Juz17

My friend's $6.8k bill is cash, after CPF claim.

Anyway, most ppl settle bill by credit card first, then worry later.
They will not let you or baby go home until payment is made (for private hospital).
I saw one family waiting for relative to bring money when I was discharged from hospital.
This is scary....:(

Juz17

dont wry.. at the meantime, save as much as possible. if dont have CC, maybe borrow abit from your parents/inlaws just to STANDBY 1st. =)
Gosh, tis will b my TOP frm nw till delivery day sia...will they show u the bill b4 discharge??

jaspzz

way back in 2004..I dun rmb standby~ing so much cash lei..I think hor i only standby less than 1k...furthermore, unsure it's applicable now..the nurse taught us...Baby stay deduct mummy CPF and mummy stay and give birth deduct daddy cpf...so it's not so ex as in need 2k lei..me epi and c-sect..i opt for 4-bedded but was upgraded to 2- bedded

but..but...its 2004 so now maybe everything change liao

Last edited:

angelwendy

Thanks dear...now too much worries already...just hope that things will be fine... :)
I'm a private in kkh... Choose B1 ward... Inside got 5 bedded... I pay cash $1228 for the deposit when the day I book for my ward... So don't worry too much.. Because afterall the bill come out.. Can pay by installment.. No need one short pay all.. Even if u use epi & other thing also not that ex if u choose a B1 & below class.. If A1 of course everything is ex... Because they charge all the extra for A1... So don't worry my dear.. If u really scare.. Like what other mummy suggest.. Borrow a bit from ur mum or mother in law.. I'm sure they won't mind if u pay them back when u have more cash with u.. Or just bring Cc to pay first.. Settle by installment... Worry too much is not good for bb... & urself... So u better take care...

stonston

I'm a private in Kandang Kerbau Hospital... Choose B1 ward... Inside got 5 bedded... I pay cash $1228 for the deposit when the day I book for my ward... So dont't worry too much.. Because afterall the bill come out.. Can pay by installment.. No need one short pay all.. Even if you use epi & other thing also not that ex if you choose a B1 & below class.. If A1 of course everything is ex... Because they charge all the extra for A1... So dont't worry my dear.. If you really scare.. Like what other mummy suggest.. Borrow a bit from your mum or mother in law.. I'm sure they won't mind if you pay them back when you have more cash with you.. Or just bring Cc to pay first.. Settle by installment... Worry too much is not good for baby... & yourself... So you better take care...

This is only for govt hospitals....
private ones won't let you go fill full payment is made unless yo had previous arrangements with them...