Charges for Delivery - THE BIG DAY

Juz17

way back in 2004..I dont rmb standby~ing so much cash lei..I think i only standby less than 1k...furthermore, unsure it's applicable now..the nurse taught us...Baby stay deduct mummy CPF and mummy stay and give birth deduct daddy cpf...so it's not so ex as in need 2k lei..me epi and c-sect..i opt for 4-bedded but was upgraded to 2- bedded

but..but...its 2004 so now maybe everything change
Ya everything inflated...:( wedding tables despite economy dwnturn still can increase...property too...

PTB7476

Ya everything inflated...:( wedding tables despite economy dwnturn still can increase...property too...
yah..that is reality...just like we expect our salary to increase also :001_302:
anyway dun worry too much lah... just walk to the bridge 1st then see how to cross :001_302:

Juz17

I'm a private in Kandang Kerbau Hospital... Choose B1 ward... Inside got 5 bedded... I pay cash $1228 for the deposit when the day I book for my ward... So dont't worry too much.. Because afterall the bill come out.. Can pay by installment.. No need one short pay all.. Even if you use epi & other thing also not that ex if you choose a B1 & below class.. If A1 of course everything is ex... Because they charge all the extra for A1... So dont't worry my dear.. If you really scare.. Like what other mummy suggest.. Borrow a bit from your mum or mother in law.. I'm sure they won't mind if you pay them back when you have more cash with you.. Or just bring Cc to pay first.. Settle by installment... Worry too much is not good for baby... & yourself... So you better take care...
Thanks dear...unfortunately i opt tmc n nt kk...anyhw i choose 4-bedded at tmc already...guess tats the wisest choice made thus far :) i gt a fren who gave birth last aug, natural w epi paid ard $1.2k deposit n $600 extra for 2 bedded stay n bb n gynae fees so i guess i can use tat as a gauge since mine is 4-bedded :)

Juz17

yah..that is reality...just like we expect our salary to increase also :001_302:
anyway dont worry too much ... just walk to the bridge 1st then see how to cross :001_302:
Heee i like tat...
I was telling my hubby if next yr no promotion in job got to change le...everything increase but salary... :)

apollo

Gosh, tis will b my TOP frm now till delivery day sia...will they show you the bill before discharge??
they will only show u the total bill on the day of discharge. the staff will calculate everything and ask ur to go to the admission counter to make the remaining balance. aft payment den go bk to the ward and 'collect' ur bb. =)

Juz17

they will only show you the total bill on the day of discharge. the staff will calculate everything and ask your to go to the admission counter to make the remaining balance. after payment then go back to the ward and 'collect' your baby. =)
Oic haha...so supermarket... Lol
Thanks for sharing...:)

jaspzz

but maybe u can ask if baby stay can deduct ur cpf den ur hubby cpf deduct urs then can increase the deduct-able amount?

jaspzz

they will only show you the total bill on the day of discharge. the staff will calculate everything and ask your to go to the admission counter to make the remaining balance. after payment then go back to the ward and 'collect' your baby. =)
darling..."collect" sounds so LOL u knw

Juz17

but maybe you can ask if baby stay can deduct your cpf then your hubby cpf deduct urs then can increase the deduct-able amount?
Anyway my hubby medisave lesser than mine. If delivery can b fully paid by cpf, i gt no worries! I can probably have 3 bbs by c-sect lol...

jaspzz

Anyway my hubby medisave lesser than mine. If delivery can b fully paid by cpf, i gt no worries! I can probably have 3 bbs by c-sect lol...
of cos not fully la..at least dun need deduct urs and baby using one person cpf..tsk tsk... lol

Juz17

of cos not fully ..at least dont need deduct urs and baby using one person cpf..tsk tsk... lol
Alot of queries on gov's encouragement on baby boom...
1) y the $4k cash they give out later? N nt in one lump sum but part by part?
2) unless they encourage only rich ppl to give birth, y is it so ex for average families to have a child?
3) y cant we use medisave to pay for the delivery?
4) y hospital charge extras for weekend delivery??
Etc

Lol not to ask you but rather im pondering abt it...i think gov use our money for their investment tats y. Now if wan another kid better think twice...no wonder they keep complaining number never grow..lol

PTB7476

Alot of queries on gov's encouragement on baby boom...
1) y the $4k cash they give out later? N not in one lump sum but part by part?
2) unless they encourage only rich ppl to give birth, y is it so ex for average families to have a child?
3) y cant we use medisave to pay for the delivery?
4) y hospital charge extras for weekend delivery??
Etc

Lol not to ask you but rather im pondering about it...i think gov use our money for their investment tats y. Now if want another kid better think twice...no wonder they keep complaining number never grow..lol
IMHO

1) they want parent to have money progressively and not one lump sum and spent on other unnecessary stuff
2) there are poorer families with many kids too but they all managed to survive just nice...it is how parent manage the fund and spend within our means
3) the idea of medisave is actually for old age...if every woman spent on birth,what do they have left at old age
4) i heard some pple say the extra charge is due to Gynae's charges not hospital so now i also confused who is the one charging the extra ...as far as my gynae is concerned i know she charge extra if after office hour ...eg if need to induce after office hour ...or need to c sect at specific hours or day..that kind she will charge extra...others i dunno already :tlaugh:

as mentioned it is how one manage fund...for pple who are good in managing... they can have more kids and the mum can even stay at home and all survive with one income... i am not refering to those single income more than 10K that kind ...but rather...on those 4-5 or 6k that kind ...there are a couple of forumers here who are SAHM and their hubby dun bring home 10K but much less and still survive just nice

Juz17

IMHO

1) they want parent to have money progressively and not one lump sum and spent on other unnecessary stuff
2) there are poorer families with many kids too but they all managed to survive just nice...it is how parent manage the fund and spend within our means
3) the idea of medisave is actually for old age...if every woman spent on birth,what do they have left at old age
4) i heard some pple say the extra charge is due to Gynae's charges not hospital so now i also confused who is the one charging the extra ...as far as my gynae is concerned i know she charge extra if after office hour ...eg if need to induce after office hour ...or need to c sect at specific hours or day..that kind she will charge extra...others i dont know already :tlaugh:

as mentioned it is how one manage fund...for pple who are good in managing... they can have more kids and the mum can even stay at home and all survive with one income... i am not refering to those single income more than 10K that kind ...but rather...on those 4-5 or 6k that kind ...there are a couple of forumers here who are stay at home mum and their hubby dont bring home 10K but much less and still survive just nice
Wah u wrk for gov?? I guess im juz one of the minority who needs to clear old debts, pay current bills n pay for parents medical fees n yet family nt earning alot....

PTB7476

Wah you wrk for gov?? I guess im just one of the minority who needs to clear old debts, pay current bills n pay for parents medical fees n yet family not earning alot....
No lah. Govt dun want to employ me:tlaugh:

Jia Jia you Ben na nian de jin

angelwendy

Touching bank loan :nah: i thought i also said OD / cashline... dont tell me you dont know what is that :X
Oops... tht u say dont encourage her to borrow from mum or MIL... :tlaugh: then that will sound silly... wahahaha.....

EP20

gasp.... anyone gave birth at Gleneagles single ward? I am due end nov/early dec. Pls shock me.... hee hee...