EDD March 2011

evie

Dear mummies to be,

Do u happen to know the accuracy of a 15+ week scan?
I went for my regular gynae appt on Monday. My gynae scrutinized the ultrasound image and even zoomed in to show my hubby n I that I am expecting a baby boy. He said he was certain it was a boy as the "growth" between the baby's leg was ard 5mm.

I must say that my baby was very co-operative, opening his/her legs wide to show off...:shyxxx:

Although I was glad to learn that the baby is growing well and healthily, I was a little bit disappointed , cos I was hoping for a gal...
Does any one know that if there's any chance that it would turn out to be a gal on my 20 week scan??

Just to add on, I was supposed to be ard 15 wk 5 days on Monday, but the size on the ultrasound appeared as 16 week 3 days.
I am quite puzzled... Does it mean I might be due early than expected??

Last edited:

simiko

Dear mummies to be,

Do you happen to know the accuracy of a 15+ week scan?
I went for my regular gynae appt on Monday. My gynae scrutinized the ultrasound image and even zoomed in to show my hubby n I that I am expecting a baby boy. He said he was certain it was a boy as the "growth" between the baby's leg was around 5mm.

I must say that my baby was very co-operative, opening his/her legs wide to show off...:shyxxx:

Although I was glad to learn that the baby is growing well and healthily, I was a little bit disappointed , cos I was hoping for a gal...
Does any one know that if there's any chance that it would turn out to be a gal on my 20 week scan??

Just to add on, I was supposed to be around 15 wk 5 days on Monday, but the size on the ultrasound appeared as 16 week 3 days.
I so envy you.... can see the bb gender.. but usually is rathe accurate now liao.. esp if your gyane is vvv experience one... BB boy also good mah.. as long as BB healthy can liao..

if ur scan shows as 16 wk 3day i think is coz maybe ur bb is bigger lor..

evie

Hi Simiko,

Since bb is bigger in size would it mean that it might possibly be due earlier...
Really hope that I will still be able to deliver naturally.

P.s- I weighed 10 pounds plus at birth...:elvis:

simiko

Hi Simiko,

Since baby is bigger in size would it mean that it might possibly be due earlier...
Really hope that I will still be able to deliver naturally.

P.s- I weighed 10 pounds plus at birth...:elvis:
I not too sure.. My gyane told me tt time tt the edd is more or less confirm after the scan where they detect heartbeat.. The next check up they will double confirm.. After tt is just bb is bigger or smaller.. My mum told me if I dun wan bb too big dun eat too much carbo.. She says is not how much we eat but how we eat.. We have to eat the right stuff ba.. Too much carbo makes us n the bb gain too much weight...

evie

hmmm... i see

I shall eat less carbohydrates... but what puzzles me is that I eat less than b4 I was pregnant...

Think I must cut down more....:embarrassed:

Hi ladies,

wondering if you all have already started shopping for the baby essentials? Any brands that have been recommended by your friends for the following items?

1) Stroller
2) Breast pump and breast milk storage (bottles or bags better)
3) Sterilizer & BPA free milk bottles
4) Baby Cot / Travel cot
5) Receiving blanket (any particular material that we should look out for?)

simiko

Hi ladies,

wondering if you all have already started shopping for the baby essentials? Any brands that have been recommended by your friends for the following items?

1) Stroller
4) Baby Cot / Travel cot
I only bought the breast pump.. the rest still haven't buy...

hmmm... i see

I shall eat less carbohydrates... but what puzzles me is that I eat less than before I was pregnant...

Think I must cut down more....:embarrassed:
hm... i also eat much lesser than wat i use to eat.. but my bb is rather small leh...

mummyhu

Dear mummies to be,

Do u happen to know the accuracy of a 15+ week scan?
I went for my regular gynae appt on Monday. My gynae scrutinized the ultrasound image and even zoomed in to show my hubby n I that I am expecting a baby boy. He said he was certain it was a boy as the "growth" between the baby's leg was ard 5mm.

Just to add on, I was supposed to be ard 15 wk 5 days on Monday, but the size on the ultrasound appeared as 16 week 3 days.
hi evie, i also went for my scan last wk and doc told me 80% girl but din wanna confirm till 20th wk then will know for sure. he scanned from her butt and asked me if i see a hamburger (girl) or turtle (boy)? I thought that was a strange way of putting it but he showed me the hamburger lol.
He also told me that my baby's gestational age is more mature (i guess thats the no. of weeks you see in your scan) so he insists i'm now due in end feb and not mid march. I heard they can adjust your delivery date at a certain time in your pregnancy, then it will be fixed already.

mummyhu

Hi ladies,

1) Stroller
4) Baby Cot / Travel cot
Hi Jaster:
1) Stroller - i know what I want but havent buy yet. They dont give discount for bugaboos, so sad. so i can take my time to buy it...wat if they come out wif a new model in a couple of months?
2) Breast pump and breast milk storage (bottles or bags better) - have not done any research on this
3) Sterilizer & BPA free milk bottles - i know glass bottles are heavy but i plan to use them at home (there are some with protective rubber like Life Factory's) and BPA free plastic ones when im out.
4) Baby Cot / Travel cot - wanted a cot from mothercare in darkwood but they say it can take 4 mths to deliver so im going to order this week.
5) Receiving blanket (any particular material that we should look out for?) - organic cotton!
A close relly of mine had cancer and did all sorts of research on what causes it, so i'm more concerned abt using glass instead of plastic when i can and organic stuff. well, i guess i dun mind stinge-ing on myself so my kid can have the best. mother's sacrifice starts now!

mummyhu

Hi ladies,

1) Stroller
4) Baby Cot / Travel cot
btw, i think stroller should avoid those those brands with lots of recalls? i read that a lot of babies' fingers get cut off because of the design. dun anyhow buy.

jespang

Hi ladies,

1) Stroller
4) Baby Cot / Travel cot

Wow, u gals really act fast... I havent even think of these stuffs yet. Now only keep worrying abt my baby if he/she is growing healthy in my tummy.

My friend suggest that I shld start shopping in Dec or Jan next yr (ie. nearer to the due date). I think is better that way cos if I buy too early and next time when I go shopping and see something even more nicer or prettier then I will buy again so might as well wait till nearer to due date OR see if there any Baby Sale coming up at end of yr.

Hi Jaster:
1) Stroller - i know what I want but havent buy yet. They dont give discount for bugaboos, so sad. so i can take my time to buy it...what if they come out with a new model in a couple of months?
2) Breast pump and breast milk storage (bottles or bags better) - have not done any research on this
3) Sterilizer & BPA free milk bottles - i know glass bottles are heavy but i plan to use them at home (there are some with protective rubber like Life Factory's) and BPA free plastic ones when im out.
4) Baby Cot / Travel cot - wanted a cot from mothercare in darkwood but they say it can take 4 mths to deliver so im going to order this week.
5) Receiving blanket (any particular material that we should look out for?) - organic cotton!
A close relly of mine had cancer and did all sorts of research on what causes it, so i'm more concerned about using glass instead of plastic when i can and organic stuff. well, i guess i dont mind stinge-ing on myself so my kid can have the best. mother's sacrifice starts now!
Where can I get oragnic cotton receiving blanket? Glass bottles prone to breakage and chipping? haa.. I'm a very rough person!!!

mummyhu

Where can I get oragnic cotton receiving blanket? Glass bottles prone to breakage and chipping? haa.. I'm a very rough person!!!
Jaster, i saw them selling during the taka baby fair recently, there was a stall selling all organic baby stuff but i dunno from which actual shop. other than that i havent been looking out in physical stores, but can try mothercare or motherswork. i like to look online to see the range. just google for an item to discover new brands or if you like particular shops like babies r us or potterybarn kids or babymallonline etc, u can find them there.
glass bottles yah im sure they break but can get the ones with protective silicon. when the kids start to hold their own bottle and walk around, then it's better to give them plastic.

mummyhu

Wow, u gals really act fast... I havent even think of these stuffs yet. Now only keep worrying abt my baby if he/she is growing healthy in my tummy.

My friend suggest that I shld start shopping in Dec or Jan next yr (ie. nearer to the due date). I think is better that way cos if I buy too early and next time when I go shopping and see something even more nicer or prettier then I will buy again so might as well wait till nearer to due date OR see if there any Baby Sale coming up at end of yr.
jes, yah actually no need to buy so soon for most things. also, u might receive them as gifts lol.

Jinny

Hi ladies,

There's gonna be a baby expo fair this coming 22 - 24 oct, think can go see see look look and perhaps there's something for everybody to buy :)

So far I've got only:
- Rubber changing mat
- Hankerchiefs
- 2 small bottles
- 1 little pillow
- 3 sets of newborn clothings and mittens

haha..

mummyhu

Hi ladies,

There's gonna be a baby expo fair this coming 22 - 24 oct, think can go see see look look and perhaps there's something for everybody to buy :)

So far I've got only:
- Rubber changing mat
- Hankerchiefs
- 2 small bottles
- 1 little pillow
- 3 sets of newborn clothings and mittens

haha..
Good idea to start making a list now, so you can take advantage of the deals at expo. There's another thread with lists of what to get...seems endless though...argh!

Alice Ooi

Hi ladies,

I'm newly registered here. My edd is on 12 march,first time mummy too! Ya I'm going for the babyfair next 2 weeks,but have not list down what to buy yet, might get some baby stuff as gifts, any advice?