Bringing Baby Out, What Age and Where?

sherz4628

Can anyone share with me what age you start bringing your baby out and to where?

My gal is almost 5 mths old and all we bring her to is clinic for her vaccination and walks at the park and shops downstairs our house.. My hubby and I dun dare to bring her out to shopping or somewhere far in case we end up with a screaming baby in our arms..

apollo

Can anyone share with me what age you start bringing your baby out and to where?

My gal is almost 5 mths old and all we bring her to is clinic for her vaccination and walks at the park and shops downstairs our house.. My hubby and I dont dare to bring her out to shopping or somewhere far in case we end up with a screaming baby in our arms..
IMO, ur shdnt restrict the places just becos ur are afriad the baby will cry. baby cries for many reasons: hungry, sleepy, too cold, too hot, too noisy, feeling insecured, etc etc... just make sure u have prepare sufficient FM (if u're giving FM), diaper.. do some research b4 going out, go online to check which shopping malls has nursing/changing room for babies and check where is it located at, so u will not panic if baby nd to change diaper.

for us, we seldom bring ds to shopping malls when he was below 6mth old, not becos we are scare tt he might cry or diffi to handle. but becos he fall ill almost everytime we brought him out, his immunity was v low during tt time and pd told us to avoid shopping malls and crowded places until his immunity slowly build up. aft tt, he seldom fall ill and we often bring him out.

we always place him in his pram, push him ard, let him look ard. since young, he enjoys going out, going shopping with us. =)

Amulet

since 3 weeks old? once i recuperated from my c-sec, me and my mum have been bringing my DD out coz i love shopping outside even if i don't buy anything.. so we wen to shopping centers, expo, restaurants, airports, ect.. anywhere we wanted to go.. i 1st bought her out alone at ard 4-5months old..

it's easy for me as i was breastfeeding.. i only need to slot in 2 diapers n a small pack of wet tissue, my purse and hp into my sling pocket and we are ready to be out until she uses up all her diapers.. :tlaugh:

nvr thought of what if she cries.. juz try to pacify and sooth her lo.. wen ur baby is crying, u won't be giving a damn about stares or anything else.. n most of the time, people are just kind and curious..

STmummy

hi, hubby & I brought our baby out to shopping mall when he was ard 1mth + after one of the PD visits. As I am a SAHM, I tried bringing my baby out (when he was 2mths+) with my mum & sister to nearby shopping mall, to build confidence of bringing him out myself. After a few outings, I started getting more adventurous. Bringing him to town, meeting up with friends, going shopping, bringing him to playgym etc. He is always out with me every week, maybe that's why he is VERY friendly to almost everyone.

In the beginning it will be tough bringing an infant out, but it's also not very healthy and stimulating for your baby to be always at home. Nowadays alot of shopping malls are quite baby friendly and people are still quite helpful when it comes to infant.

I have heard of parents who dont really bring their babies out, thus the kid grows up to be very shy to anybody. It wont be easy for the parent in the long run.

Go on and try it! It will be fun! Seeing how your baby's eyes sparkle and smiles when she sees something new and interesting. :tlaugh:

trine

we went out with baby for the first time when he was 1 mth old. It was only a short lunch at a cafe. Since then we have been going out everyweek or so.. My baby loves staying outdoor, even at home he is more calm when he is outside, at the porch or at the front yard.
Thank god he has always been healthy. the only place i dread bringing him is the church coz he Cant stay still and he will start screaming if we dont walk around. We had a pretty embarassing moment at the church when he was baptised, he was the only baby who whined non stop during the ritual and i had to carry him around just to distract him

trine

we went out with baby for the first time when he was 1 month old. It was only a short lunch at a cafe. Since then we have been going out everyweek or so.. My baby loves staying outdoor, even at home he is more calm when he is outside, at the porch or at the front yard.
Thank god he has always been healthy. the only place i dread bringing him is the church coz he Cant stay still and he will start screaming if we dont walk around. We had a pretty embarassing moment at the church when he was baptised, he was the only baby who whined non stop during the ritual and i had to carry him around just to distract him

Amulet

hi, hubby & I brought our baby out to shopping mall when he was around 1mth + after one of the pediatrician visits. As I am a stay at home mum, I tried bringing my baby out (when he was 2mths+) with my mum & sister to nearby shopping mall, to build confidence of bringing him out myself. After a few outings, I started getting more adventurous. Bringing him to town, meeting up with friends, going shopping, bringing him to playgym etc. He is always out with me every week, maybe that's why he is VERY friendly to almost everyone.

In the beginning it will be tough bringing an infant out, but it's also not very healthy and stimulating for your baby to be always at home. Nowadays alot of shopping malls are quite baby friendly and people are still quite helpful when it comes to infant.

I have heard of parents who dont really bring their babies out, thus the kid grows up to be very shy to anybody. It wont be easy for the parent in the long run.

Go on and try it! It will be fun! Seeing how your baby's eyes sparkle and smiles when she sees something new and interesting. :tlaugh:
Hi! wondering, how old is ur baby now?

coz my DD was also like that.. very friendly and fearless to everyone as she goes out every weekend.. now at 2.5 yrs old, suddenly she develope this shyness and 'dislike' for strangers.. she will hide her face or frown n pout at the stranger who tries to say hi to her.. wonder why..

We got no car, so is hard to bring my daug out, have to take bus, then take to mrt... but we do bring her to church every Sunday since she was around 2mths.. sometime after church we'll go to Kiddy Palace n buy her stuff then go back home...

cmeilim

We got no car, so is hard to bring my daug out, have to take bus, then take to mrt... but we do bring her to church every Sunday since she was around 2mths.. sometime after church we'll go to Kiddy Palace n buy her stuff then go back home...

we started bringing #1 out for shopping when he was just three days old. i remembered that first trip to baby fair at expo. people around us were quite shocked to see such a young newborn at the fair, haha! we feel that unless baby's natural immunity is low, otherwise, it's good to expose him to public places, different people and so on from young. our boy is generally well behaved in public places.

huah.... for me, i really not dare lo :p

when my gal at 2weeks old and I going to check up after delivered, I bring her along.. while waiting taxi, those aunty said, y bring her out since she is still so young.... -_-

apollo

Hi! wondering, how old is your baby now?

coz my dear daughter was also like that.. very friendly and fearless to everyone as she goes out every weekend.. now at 2.5 yrs old, suddenly she develope this shyness and 'dislike' for strangers.. she will hide her face or frown n pout at the stranger who tries to say hi to her.. wonder why..
Amulet, i realise most kids are like that. they will start to feel shy at 2-3 yo onwards. so far, all my cousins, nephews and nieces are lik that. haha!:tlaugh:

U can slowly introduce your baby to crowded places if u really scare tat he'll cry due to not use to it.
I started bringing my boy out when he was 1mth+...like once or twice per week. Now tat he's already 4mths old, we r planning to bring him to swimming! ^_^

Ting

Hi! wondering, how old is your baby now?

coz my dear daughter was also like that.. very friendly and fearless to everyone as she goes out every weekend.. now at 2.5 yrs old, suddenly she develope this shyness and 'dislike' for strangers.. she will hide her face or frown n pout at the stranger who tries to say hi to her.. wonder why..
same as pin, i think most kids r like tt.

angelwendy

Actually i bring my boy to shopping centre even before he is 1 month old.. because i will feel crazy if i stay home for too long...but a ang mo was shock that me ( as a asia ) never stay at home.. :tlaugh: but so far so good.. my boy now is 7 months plus... we been to quite a lot of place.. Shopping mall, expo fair, chalet, park, playground, to MIL house... go BBQ... :tlaugh: is quite fun...

apollo

Actually i bring my boy to shopping centre even before he is 1 month old.. because i will feel crazy if i stay home for too long...but a ang mo was shock that me ( as a asia ) never stay at home.. :tlaugh: but so far so good.. my boy now is 7 months plus... we been to quite a lot of place.. Shopping mall, expo fair, chalet, park, playground, to mother in law house... go BBQ... :tlaugh: is quite fun...
those angg mohh also loooo.. i think they bring bb out aft discharge from hospital liaooo.. haha!

sunburst

After I was done with my confinement, I bring bb out whenever I go out. Shopping malls, grocery shopping, restaurants, kopitiam, other ppl houses... Really I don't see why cannot bring. If bb cries or become fussy, don't care about ppl stares just soothe bb & continue ur way.

If u ask me... I find bringing my notti toddler out more tiring coz he can't stay still & sometimes throw tantrums.

sherz4628

Thank you for all your sharing! Hope I'll pluck up the courage to bring her out!

One problem though..My husband don't have licence and I'm the one driving. Happen a few times whereby I driving then she fuss at the back and hubby unable to pacify her..she end up crying ALL THE WAY until I reach destination, park the car and carry her.. Luckily only 10 min trip...

Any advice?

littlehelper

to lovely0315:wow, very encouraged that even without car you still take the trouble to bring your kid to church together with you.That's quite good :) alot of parents once have kids dun go to church cos baby need to sleep etc etc...

apollo

Thank you for all your sharing! Hope I'll pluck up the courage to bring her out!

One problem though..My husband dont't have licence and I'm the one driving. Happen a few times whereby I driving then she fuss at the back and hubby unable to pacify her..she end up crying ALL THE WAY until I reach destination, park the car and carry her.. Luckily only 10 min trip...

Any advice?
do u have a carseat for her? or ur hub is carrying her? if dun have, i think time to get her a car seat, and hang some toys on top to distract her. maybe u can also try playing some songs for her? and maybe tok to her, tell her where are ur heading to, what are ur going to do later..

if all dont wk, maybe u can consider to take public transport since u hub can help u with the pram and diaper bag. let her get used to moving vehicles. =)

so far ds enjoys car rides, as long as the car is moving, he will keep quiet, if we have t stop due to red lights, he will starts to scream, :tlaugh: