Bringing Baby Out, What Age and Where?

Thank you for all your sharing! Hope I'll pluck up the courage to bring her out!

One problem though..My husband dont't have licence and I'm the one driving. Happen a few times whereby I driving then she fuss at the back and hubby unable to pacify her..she end up crying ALL THE WAY until I reach destination, park the car and carry her.. Luckily only 10 min trip...

Any advice?
Hmm...unable to advise on this...cos my son will always fall asleep when we're in the car, until we reach our destination... :001_302:

to lovely0315:wow, very encouraged that even without car you still take the trouble to bring your kid to church together with you.That's quite good :) alot of parents once have kids dont go to church cos baby need to sleep etc etc...
Aiks, sad to hear tat.. every church got baby room a, can bring bb to bb room n sleep or feeding.. so far if not feeding time, my daug can sleep at outside together with us till end of the service, thanks God :001_302:

Amulet

Amulet, i realise most kids are like that. they will start to feel shy at 2-3 yo onwards. so far, all my cousins, nephews and nieces are lik that. haha!:tlaugh:
same as pin, i think most kids r like that.
do u girls think they will outgrow it? coz sometimes people talk to her, thn she jitao ignore them or glare at them makes me very malu coz it's kinda rude.. =X

Amulet

Aiks, sad to hear that.. every church got baby room a, can bring baby to baby room n sleep or feeding.. so far if not feeding time, my daug can sleep at outside together with us till end of the service, thanks God :001_302:
i bring my DD to the baby sanctuary.. Brought some books and toys for her to keep her occupied but she cannot keep still and will keep walking about.. If not she will whine n cry.. I'm lucky if I can stay through the whole service as normally by 3/4 of it, she will be telling me 'mummy go home',' go home', 'i wan to go home' coz it's boring for her as she don't understand what the adults are talking about..

so sometimes i will ask my mum to take care for me n i go alone, sometimes i bring her with me (ard once-twice a month)..

Can't wait for her to reach 3 yrs old so i can send her to the Children's service while i attend the normal english service..

i bring my dear daughter to the baby sanctuary.. Brought some books and toys for her to keep her occupied but she cannot keep still and will keep walking about.. If not she will whine n cry.. I'm lucky if I can stay through the whole service as normally by 3/4 of it, she will be telling me 'mummy go home',' go home', 'i want to go home' coz it's boring for her as she dont't understand what the adults are talking about..

so sometimes i will ask my mum to take care for me n i go alone, sometimes i bring her with me (around once-twice a month)..

Can't wait for her to reach 3 yrs old so i can send her to the Children's service while i attend the normal english service..
Baby sanctuary? Do u mean Sunday school or? I think for 2yrs old kids, normally sunday school teacher will guide them for singing, coloring, tell them story etc gua...

Delynna

My hb brought our bb out when she was 1 mth & 1 day. We went shopping. I thk bring bb out is not hard chores. to me the thing that let me have the 2nd tots to go ot is the EBM. Have to EMB every 3 - 4 hrs. How 2 njoy the shoppin?

cmeilim

My husband brought our baby out when she was 1 month & 1 day. We went shopping. I thk bring baby out is not hard chores. to me the thing that let me have the 2nd tots to go ot is the EBM. Have to EMB every 3 - 4 hours. How 2 njoy the shoppin?

why not just latch baby directly? then no need to even carry EBM out.

Amulet

Baby sanctuary? Do you mean Sunday school or? I think for 2yrs old kids, normally sunday school teacher will guide them for singing, coloring, tell them story etc gua...
the little baby room where parents with babies or very young children can attend service..

my church, their sunday school/ children's service only takes in kids older than 3 yrs old..

the little baby room where parents with babies or very young children can attend service..

my church, their sunday school/ children's service only takes in kids older than 3 yrs old..
if so, under 3yrs old oso can go to the baby room gua... I saw many kids (can run, can jump...) in baby room oso o, they just playing around with other kids, i think they not at the age to go sunday school as well.. if 2yrs old kids cannot go to baby room, then where they expect these kids can go to :p

sherz4628

do you have a carseat for her? or your hub is carrying her? if dont have, i think time to get her a car seat, and hang some toys on top to distract her. maybe you can also try playing some songs for her? and maybe tok to her, tell her where are your heading to, what are your going to do later..

if all dont wk, maybe you can consider to take public transport since you hub can help you with the pram and diaper bag. let her get used to moving vehicles. =)

so far dear son enjoys car rides, as long as the car is moving, he will keep quiet, if we have t stop due to red lights, he will starts to scream, :tlaugh:
We do have car seat with toys hanging in front..usually when she in the car seat she jus sit quietly and look look ard..but dunno y that time she jus suddenly cry..in the car seat...in my hubby's arms..still cry..all the way till I stop the car and carry her..now we phobia le..

Ha..then I guess ur son loves going on the expressway..:tlaugh:

apollo

We do have car seat with toys hanging in front..usually when she in the car seat she just sit quietly and look look around..but dont know y that time she just suddenly cry..in the car seat...in my hubby's arms..still cry..all the way till I stop the car and carry her..now we phobia ..

Ha..then I guess your son loves going on the expressway..:tlaugh:
since it's just 1x incident, i think shd be ok. hahaha.. ehhh yes, my son super love expressway, cos no traffic lights mahh :tlaugh:

STmummy

Hi! wondering, how old is your baby now?

coz my dear daughter was also like that.. very friendly and fearless to everyone as she goes out every weekend.. now at 2.5 yrs old, suddenly she develope this shyness and 'dislike' for strangers.. she will hide her face or frown n pout at the stranger who tries to say hi to her.. wonder why..

Hi! my boy is now 20mths old. Like some of the mummies said, it's normal for our kids to start developing 'strangers anxiety'. But my son seems to have developed that few months back (suddenly)... becomes really shy when strangers say Hi to him. He will look down onto the floor but eyes still try to peek at them. Very funny look. haha.. but it only lasted for like 2 months and his friendly character came back again.
well not sure if he will have that stranger anxiety again. :001_302:

dreneyka

After I was done with my confinement, I bring baby out whenever I go out. Shopping malls, grocery shopping, restaurants, kopitiam, other ppl houses... Really I dont't see why cannot bring. If baby cries or become fussy, dont't care about ppl stares just soothe baby & continue your way.

If you ask me... I find bringing my notti toddler out more tiring coz he can't stay still & sometimes throw tantrums.

apollo

I do agree with some of u here.. bringing a baby out is much more easier than bringing a toddler, esp an active one out. hahahahaha!:tlaugh:

sunburst

Thank you for all your sharing! Hope I'll pluck up the courage to bring her out!

One problem though..My husband dont't have licence and I'm the one driving. Happen a few times whereby I driving then she fuss at the back and hubby unable to pacify her..she end up crying ALL THE WAY until I reach destination, park the car and carry her.. Luckily only 10 min trip...

Any advice?
Get ur hubby to start learning how to soothe bb at home 1st... So next time anywhere bb starts to cry or fuss he can help to soothe her. Having an extra pair of hands really helps. Alas poor me... When either of my boys starts fussing I have to step in. Hubby has been trying but I swear they deliberately want to give him a hard time.

sunburst

After I was done with my confinement, I bring baby out whenever I go out. Shopping malls, grocery shopping, restaurants, kopitiam, other ppl houses... Really I dont't see why cannot bring. If baby cries or become fussy, dont't care about ppl stares just soothe baby & continue your way.

If you ask me... I find bringing my notti toddler out more tiring coz he can't stay still & sometimes throw tantrums.
Lol this post is exactly what I had posted in page 1 of this thread!

sunburst

I do agree with some of you here.. bringing a baby out is much more easier than bringing a toddler, esp an active one out. hahahahaha!:tlaugh:
Sigh tell me about it... Today went out for the afternoon. My toddler didn't want to hold hubby hands & insisted that I hold his hand while "daddy push didi". Worse was when bb cry & needed me to carry, I one hand carry bb the other holding my toddler... Had to keep up with him while balancing a bb. Now my arms & back is aching! No more gg out tmlo!!!

sherz4628

Get your hubby to start learning how to soothe baby at home 1st... So next time anywhere baby starts to cry or fuss he can help to soothe her. Having an extra pair of hands really helps. Alas poor me... When either of my boys starts fussing I have to step in. Hubby has been trying but I swear they deliberately want to give him a hard time.

Ha! Sometimes I think my gal deliberately give him a hard time too! I always say "why you bully daddy..."..lol

Really, extra pair of hands really help..last time before my gal start "recognising" place and people, she at least let my mum carry her while I do things like make milk, prepare bath water, wash bottle, etc. Now she recognise ppl and REFUSE to let my mum carry! Since then I have been juggling her and all the chores myself..sigh..