Induction vs C sect

P4nic

nursing pillow not bad. not only mummy can use when baby is older, lik 3-4 month old, can use to tilt them up. quite useful but i only use for a few month and now is in the storeroom. :tlaugh:
Lol.. Not cheap wor I see one abt 90 bucks maybe I go see during baby fair this weekend

PTB7476

Lol.. Not cheap I see one about 90 bucks maybe I go see during baby fair this weekend
i went john little over the weekend ...saw them selling it and it is much cheaper
brand - cheekybonbon - $43
brand - Shears (latex)-$50

but i also going to check out BB fair...cos those sold at John little seem abit small :001_302: and hopefully it is also cheaper there

joeybeadz

for me, i never use nursing pillow. Just use a cushion put under my arm. Another pillow behind my back. Then put my legs on the table. Haa..and watch tv, switch on fan...

impt must be relax.

anyway, i had c-section and no problem nursing on first day. Baby is light, you can request more hospital pillows. No need to put on your tummy. ;)

moncheri03

for me, i never use nursing pillow. Just use a cushion put under my arm. Another pillow behind my back. Then put my legs on the table. Haa..and watch tv, switch on fan...

impt must be relax.

anyway, i had c-section and no problem nursing on first day. Baby is light, you can request more hospital pillows. No need to put on your tummy. ;)
Wow, u r good, can nurse on 1st day after C-sect. I'll be also going for C-Sect and mine will be quite soon.......less than 3 wks time to deliver, quite worry abt the difficulty to BF for the 1st few days. Is yrs under Epi-C-sect or GA? Thanks

joeybeadz

Wow, you r good, can nurse on 1st day after C-sect. I'll be also going for C-Sect and mine will be quite soon.......less than 3 wks time to deliver, quite worry about the difficulty to BF for the 1st few days. Is yrs under Epi-C-sect or GA? Thanks
Epi C... had my hubby with me ;) GA cannot... I want him to share the joy together.

Anyway no need to stand, just tilted on the bed.. best to let your baby suckle on first day to generate the supply. It was really amazing lor..i mean the feeling of breastfeeding..btw, I also had fever on first and second day. Remember to move your legs and toes on the first 2 days as you cannot get down and will be numb easily. It will be uncomfortable, but you will not remember as you will want to look at your baby... heee

apollo

Wow, you r good, can nurse on 1st day after C-sect. I'll be also going for C-Sect and mine will be quite soon.......less than 3 wks time to deliver, quite worry about the difficulty to BF for the 1st few days. Is yrs under Epi-C-sect or GA? Thanks
actu most mummies can bf babies during 1st day even for GA c-sect. some ppl said GA will make one drowsy for the whole day but tt's not true for my case. I rmb, once i woke up aft c-sect, i nv slp bk until few hrs later. baby was pushed to me 2-3 hrs later but becos he was just being fed =( so i wait until pretty late to bf him. but ended up also 'failed' to bf him but not becos of the c-sect, becos of latching on pro as i got inverted nipples. only next day, under the help of the nurse and nipple shield, then i successfully latch him on for the very 1st time.

PTB7476

Epi C... had my hubby with me ;) GA cannot... I want him to share the joy together.

Anyway no need to stand, just tilted on the bed.. best to let your baby suckle on first day to generate the supply. It was really amazing ..i mean the feeling of breastfeeding..btw, I also had fever on first and second day. Remember to move your legs and toes on the first 2 days as you cannot get down and will be numb easily. It will be uncomfortable, but you will not remember as you will want to look at your baby... heee
woah your experience make me wonder should i go for Epi too
but then i dun like the spinal injection idea :embarrassed:

joeybeadz

but then i dont like the spinal injection idea :embarrassed:
But u want your hubby to stay with you, hold your hand and experience the birth of your baby TOGETHER right? He can be there with you and even take photo of your baby.. after that, he will follow the baby to the nursery to take more photos... GA i dunno have or not.

But of cos Epi has side effect.. my friend vomitted, while I was shivering and my jaws cant stop moving la...

No need to be scared of the poke of the needle. Becos for my case, they will ask me to inhale the laughing gas till I became very high and forgot about the poke..

moncheri03

but then i dont like the spinal injection idea :embarrassed:
If u r brave enuf, u should go for the epi.
For me, i'm real "chicken", thus i opt for GA and suffer later:001_302:

apollo

But you want your hubby to stay with you, hold your hand and experience the birth of your baby TOGETHER right? He can be there with you and even take photo of your baby.. after that, he will follow the baby to the nursery to take more photos... GA i dont know have or not.

But of cos Epi has side effect.. my friend vomitted, while I was shivering and my jaws cant stop moving ...

No need to be scared of the poke of the needle. Becos for my case, they will ask me to inhale the laughing gas till I became very high and forgot about the poke..
for GA cannot.. cos u will be slping alrdy, hub go in to acc who? haha.. i took GA and my hub was at the waiting area waiting for bb..

If you r brave enuf, you should go for the epi.
y suffer?? i actu wanna chose epi but during tt time was H1N1 high peak and my gynae cant confirm with me whether hub can still go into the OT with me anot. On tt day they told me can go in but the anest talked to me for awhile (he was trying to persuade me to switch to epi) but aft toking to me, he feel tt i shd stick to GA cos he sensed tt i'm v nervous :tlaugh:

camom

also for c-sect, i heard cos of the pain after delivery, you may feel difficulty breastfeeding initially, since baby gotta rest on your tummy when you hold him... but that is if you intend to breastfeed....

and dont't forget that if your first is gona be c-sect, subsequent delivery will most likely have to be c-sect also cos there can be some risk involved if you do vbac...
Not true... u can always nurse bb lying down on your side. Of course, bb needs to be propped up so that the height is right. I had c-sects twice n this was how i bf my bbs during the nites if i dun wanna sit up n hold them. The hospital nurses taught me this.

camom

Anyway no need to stand, just tilted on the bed.. best to let your baby suckle on first day to generate the supply. It was really amazing ..i mean the feeling of breastfeeding..btw, I also had fever on first and second day. Remember to move your legs and toes on the first 2 days as you cannot get down and will be numb easily. It will be uncomfortable, but you will not remember as you will want to look at your baby... heee
Can get down lehhh.... i was on my feet very quickly. No uncomfy feeling, except immed aft the op due to the reactions to the epi. I didn't take any painkillers for both c-sects (other than the drips) too.

apollo

hmm.. actu aft c-sect i still can 'sit up' to carry my bb up, even when the nurse taught me hw to bf, i also able to carry him up right in front of my breast. cos was seated on the bed, so was quite ok.. =)

PTB7476

If you r brave enuf, you should go for the epi.
i have no problem "listening" to gynae cutting me up...but because i have backache quite frequently prior to pregnancy so i worry EPI will cause more damage and i not keen in experiencing the shivering...vomitting (i hate most) etc...i rather face just the pain and giddiness after GA operation :tlaugh:

PTB7476

But you want your hubby to stay with you, hold your hand and experience the birth of your baby TOGETHER right? He can be there with you and even take photo of your baby.. after that, he will follow the baby to the nursery to take more photos... GA i dont know have or not.

But of cos Epi has side effect.. my friend vomitted, while I was shivering and my jaws cant stop moving ...

i dun think i want to torture my hubby :tlaugh: even now when i enjoy watching those ER / delivery documentary where they really show the doc cutting the patient... my hb will walk aways...so i will spare him the agony :tlaugh:

apollo

IMHO, both GA n epi got pros n cons lahhh.. some ppl said epi will cause shivering and vomiting (or giddiness also)? if the side effects comes, also diffi for the mummy to bf.. for GA, yes will feel giddy when u wake up. some ppl might feel giddy for 1 whole day. but depends on individual. like i said, once i woke up i realyy woke up, the nurses and even my gynae were all shocked. cos i took a very long time to KO aft being 'GA' and aft waling up, still looks v alert. haha

and also, if u;re timid type, no point forcing urself to choose epi.. my anest told me he really hope i choose epi but aft toking to me, he feel tt if i choose epi, will en up he nd to give me one more shot of GA in btwn to c-sect. cos he said he can feel tt i was VERY nervous. and he told my gynae i better stick to GA. haha! But for #2, i really feel lik trying epi or even VBAC if can =)

all these (choosing GA or EPI, the side effects one might suffered from) really really depends on individual.. haha..:tlaugh:

joeybeadz

i dont think i want to torture my hubby :tlaugh: even now when i enjoy watching those ER / delivery documentary where they really show the doc cutting the patient... my husband will walk aways...so i will spare him the agony :tlaugh:
er... hubby will not get to see the gynae cut open my stomach leh.. they will have a cloth to block it and hubby supposed to be there too..then after baby out, gynae said ok can take photo, then my hubby will get up.. he will have to count the fingers and toes.. heee

joeybeadz

Can get down lehhh.... i was on my feet very quickly. No uncomfy feeling, except immed after the op due to the reactions to the epi. I didn't take any painkillers for both c-sects (other than the drips) too.
I cannot leh.. I got fever, still have the urinal tube attached.. how to get down... ;( anyway, I also had inflammation haiz.. when the gynae told me he will cut and sew back if never heal.. my heart almost dropped out!

joeybeadz

i have no problem "listening" to gynae cutting me up...but because i have backache quite frequently prior to pregnancy so i worry EPI will cause more damage and i not keen in experiencing the shivering...vomitting (i hate most) etc...i rather face just the pain and giddiness after GA operation :tlaugh:
That time I had operations, of cos got to be under GA... but after that hor, I still vomit...so does not mean GA no vomit lor..