Induction vs C sect

keefu

If you having a boy, maybe won't be spending so much since gals clothes are usually more in varieties... as much as i love to dress up little girls, having boys not that bad after all ahha. But sometimes, i can't help but awe at gals little dresses whenever i am at babies stores ahaha

Bt having more than 2 kids is too expensive in sg ahhaha
I having a boy, can't imagine if it's a girl spending will be more "cham" LOL though we hoped for a baby girl :shyxxx: Ya girl's dresses are so cute!!! Still got tights, stockings, skirts and all that... :tlaugh:

I think I better stop at one will do, I not very rich hehehe

apollo

I having a boy, can't imagine if it's a girl spending will be more "cham" LOL though we hoped for a baby girl :shyxxx: Ya girl's dresses are so cute!!! Still got tights, stockings, skirts and all that... :tlaugh:

ehhh i also have a boy. and the clothes we bought is = a lil mountain.. i also cant imagine having a girl next time. think will hav a HUGE mountain :tlaugh:

ehhh i also have a boy. and the clothes we bought is = a lil mountain.. i also cant imagine having a girl next time. think will hav a HUGE mountain :tlaugh:
i thk we will be damn poor, must work extra hard if have a girl next time hahahaha.
Now my boy starting to choose his own clothes, telling me he doesn't like this pants, that clothes, even his shoes must match the colour of his pants or clothes.. faint...

PTB7476

Totally agreed. When i did not have kids back then, dont understand why my colleagues keep getting things for their kids. Now i do!:001_302:
My baby not out yet (but will be in less than 2 wks time), i already bought so many NB clothings. I think i bought too many , dont think he will be able to wear all of them for long period as he will be growing pretty fast!
:tlaugh: you are not alone...thats why i am controlling myself now...dun buy too much...

PTB7476

I reckon that was because now kids clothings have so many varieties and they are modern looking too!!! I even almost buying a FOX baby jacket to prepare for CNY clothing but my hubby stopped me. LOL.

But I am always reminded not to buy to much clothes for NB so I deliberately buy those sizes from 6 months onwards so that my baby can wear for a longer period...
:tlaugh:me too esp FOX having sales now hahaha...i already thinking what to buy for him to wear during CNY :tlaugh:but still i controlling... scare i will regret buying now...since he alredy had clothes from 3-6months liao:shyxxx:

PTB7476

yah...gal have more varieties ..but thank goodness it's a boy for me... but who know...sonographer maybe wrong and mistakem the little finger as his... ehem.. :tlaugh:

joeybeadz

If you having a boy, maybe won't be spending so much since gals clothes are usually more in varieties... as much as i love to dress up little girls, having boys not that bad after all ahha. But sometimes, i can't help but awe at gals little dresses whenever i am at babies stores ahaha

Bt having more than 2 kids is too expensive in sg ahhaha
now, I have problem storing her clothes, and she has occupied a quarter of my warerobe hanging space!

joeybeadz

yah...gal have more varieties ..but thank goodness it's a boy for me... but who know...sonographer maybe wrong and mistakem the little finger as his... ehem.. :tlaugh:
Well, it depends lor.. my fren's fren already told that its a girl.. come out boy.. so the things they bought have to buy again... i think its safer to buy white and yellow... hee.

Well, it depends .. my friend's friend already told that its a girl.. come out boy.. so the things they bought have to buy again... i think its safer to buy white and yellow... hee.
yeah what i meant was if gynae scan that its a boy, it will most likely be a boy, but if they say its a girl, can't be sure cos not able to see the little ahem may not mean its not a boy, mb boy boy too shy to show ahahha. Bt true true, best to get unisex colours for the first year... then can keep for the next one oso

zenmoonflower

i think for induction depends on individual luck lo.. if heng heng.. few hours will be out.. but if suay.. like wad PTB say.. maybe take > 10 hours.. then sian lo.. u will sure in distress not to even say the baby.

If c-sect.. the only worry is after that it takes longer to heal and for ur subsequent birth.. u may have to go c-sect again instead of natural lo.

I think depends on what u really want. Induction can be very painful i heard.
But if PTB is ok with c-sect.. just go with ur heart~

37-38 weeks coming soon! around 3-4 weeks time? wow excited!
Induction is not painful - I hardly felt a thing with mine. A bit of discomfort when inserting the pill, but that was all. My cervix dilated at an ok rate - I booked into the hospital at 8pm, the pill was inserted at 10pm (I think), and I gave birth the next morning at 6.12am.

Rather, it was the epidural - some issues surrounding it and also the side effects - that really got to me.

Sometimes, I wonder if it's our expectations that lead us to be relaxed or fearful. My mother had me and my elder brother by induced labour, and she said everything went smoothly - nothing to worry about. So, I wasn't unduly worried about undergoing induced labour. But people who heard "horror stories" of how others went for induction, their cervix didn't open enough and they had to go for emergency c-section, might become stressed and anxious about the procedure and therefore result in a self-fulfilling prophecy? Just thinking out loud here.

A caveat, though: "jaundice is more likely to occur in babies who lose a lot of weight right after delivery, in babies who have diabetic mothers, and in babies who arrived via induced labour" (from the book, "What To Expect The First Year"). I'm diabetic and my baby was induced. Seeing him undergo phototherapy was pretty horrifying.

keefu

:tlaugh:me too esp FOX having sales now hahaha...i already thinking what to buy for him to wear during CNY :tlaugh:but still i controlling... scare i will regret buying now...since he alredy had clothes from 3-6months :shyxxx:
Haha I also already thinking what clothes he wearing for CNY for his visit to his great grandma's! Somemore will be my first year giving ang pows and receiving on behalf of the little one... Lol

I heard that buy from 3 months is ok de cos baby really grow very fast I deliberately also buy slightly bigger size in case he overgrow cos till nw no idea of his size... Plus I even had clothes meant from 1 years old which is hands down haha...

keefu

I don't think for boys can be wrong cos their bird is pretty obvious whereas girl's is more trickier... When I was in my 15th week my gynae can confirm the gender cos we saw his bird floating in the amnioti c fluid during scanning... :shyxxx:

PTB7476

I dont't think for boys can be wrong cos their bird is pretty obvious whereas girl's is more trickier... When I was in my 15th week my gynae can confirm the gender cos we saw his bird floating in the amnioti c fluid during scanning... :shyxxx:
my sis's friend and my mom's friends... all told the whole they are expecting a boy but when born...turned out to be Girl ...so that's why i always have disclaimers :tlaugh:

camom

er... hubby will not get to see the gynae cut open my stomach .. they will have a cloth to block it and hubby supposed to be there too..then after baby out, gynae said ok can take photo, then my hubby will get up.. he will have to count the fingers and toes.. heee
Not true, kekekekeke... My gynae kept asking hubs if he wanted to see the cuts. I had a running commentary in the OT, kept hearing Qs like "now we are going to cut thru the womb, do u want to come n see?", "ahhh, can see the bb now. Do you want to see?"..., to each Q, hubs' reply is always "no, thank you". lol

I was given some pics taken by the anaesthetist during the op. There was 1 of bb 1/2 out of my tummy.

camom

what my gynae told me is, she said cos EPI last for quite a few hours.. so we will not feel pain right after stitching, only after the EPI sub.. while GA is, once we wake up, will feel the pain.

but to me, correct EPI can last longer but end of the day, still will pain mahhhh.. hahahahahaha....
Mine was epi both times, ok lah, no pain, only soreness at abdominal area where the cut is, aft epi wore off. That was why I didn't take any painkillers at all after the epi was taken out. Saves the cost of prescription painkillers, lol.

I nvr tried GA b4 cos I kiasi, I scared sleep then dun wake up, LOL!!!

apollo

Mine was epi both times, ok , no pain, only soreness at abdominal area where the cut is, after epi wore off. That was why I didn't take any painkillers at all after the epi was taken out. Saves the cost of prescription painkillers, lol.

I never tried GA before cos I kiasi, I scared sleep then dont wake up, LOL!!!
l
actu aft the recent hospitalused the wrong sperm for IVF, i told my hub, next one if still c-sect, i wanna choose epi, so he can follow the nurse out and lessen the chances of carrying the wrong bb. buahahahaha!! :tlaugh:

joeybeadz

l
actually after the recent hospitalused the wrong sperm for IVF, i told my hub, next one if still c-sect, i wanna choose epi, so he can follow the nurse out and lessen the chances of carrying the wrong baby. buahahahaha!! :tlaugh:
ya.. scary...

joeybeadz

Not true, kekekekeke... My gynae kept asking hubs if he wanted to see the cuts. I had a running commentary in the OT, kept hearing Qs like "now we are going to cut thru the womb, do you want to come n see?", "ahhh, can see the baby now. Do you want to see?"..., to each Q, hubs' reply is always "no, thank you". lol

I was given some pics taken by the anaesthetist during the op. There was 1 of baby 1/2 out of my tummy.
yr gynae is very humourous... mine never asked my hubby that.. otherwise, I also want to see the photos..