How long have you breastfed?

How long have you breastfed?

• Total voters

angeline85

i am still breastfeeding my 15 month old baby. now a day, many mother hearing that i am still breastfeeding will say got milk meh? i will say that if no milk baby can grown so well meh? they will say she got eat soild mah.

i really don`t understand how come many people tot that FM is better then BM.

when i start to breastfeed my dd, my mil never say anything but my sister in-law keep on say thing that you should pump out your milk and mix it with FM. totaling breastfeed baby does not grown well then mixed baby.

my dd start to filp herself when is turn 2 month old. but she is quite big in size. so sister in-law start to say that you are overfeeding your baby. you should pump it out then will not overfeed. then i will say if breastfeed not good how come she can filp herself at only 2 month old. she will say because you are young, young mummy normally will have a healthy baby. (is this true?) my sister in-law she herself does not have any child. but i am so unlucky that her hubby sister born a baby just 2 week before me. she is mixed breastfeed. so because i am young (i am only 22 year old) they tot that i don`t know anything.

sometime i will cry at night. thinking how come what ever i do is wrong. i actully read alot of parenting book and breastfeeding book from the library. but no matter what i do they alway say wrong. if whatever written in the book are wrong then what is correct?

Last edited:

elaine01

i am still breastfeeding my 15 month old baby. now a day, many mother hearing that i am still breastfeeding will say got milk meh? i will say that if no milk baby can grown so well meh? they will say she got eat soild mah.

when i start to breastfeed my dd, my mil never say anything but my sister in-law keep on say thing that you should pump out your milk and mix it with FM. totaling breastfeed baby does not grown well then mixed baby.

my dd start to filp herself when is turn 2 month old. but she is quite big in size. so sister in-law start to say that you are overfeeding your baby. you should pump it out then will not overfeed. then i will say if breastfeed not good how come she can filp herself at only 2 month old. she will say because you are young, young mummy normally will have a healthy baby. (is this true?) my sister in-law she herself does not have any child. but i am so unlucky that her hubby sister born a baby just 2 week before me. she is mixed breastfeed. so because i am young (i am only 22 year old) they tot that i don`t know anything.

sometime i will cry at night. thinking how come what ever i do is wrong. i actully read alot of parenting book and breastfeeding book from the library. but no matter what i do they alway say wrong. if whatever written in the book are wrong then what is correct?
sigh........me too. DH said his family is my main family. anythng i should "comsult" them 1st. everything should listen to them. whatever they say is right.

when i breastfed into my 2nd month, MIL & her dotter ask me why i dont give FM. they say DS their nephew & grandson, they have the right to decide whether to give FM or BM.

angeline85

sigh........me too. DH said his family is my main family. anythng i should "comsult" them 1st. everything should listen to them. whatever they say is right.

when i breastfed into my 2nd month, MIL & her dotter ask me why i dont give FM. they say DS their nephew & grandson, they have the right to decide whether to give FM or BM.
i think i am lucky then u, my hubby is very surpporting in breastfed and actully whenever i read any breastfeed book, i will tell him what it written inside. as he got no time to read all this book. slowly he know more and he alway tell his friend to breastfeed their baby.

i think that we being a mummy we have the right to decide whether to give FM or BM. we are their mummy, we born the baby not them. my mil have tell me once to mix bm with fm but i tell her that bm is the best and ask her to read book about it. she can`t read word and also don`t dare to ans me, because she scare that she will not have the chance to saw her only grand-daugher. i dare to do it, cau i feel that baby is our, they have no right to decide for me.

but indeed of my heart i am sad, how come there are so many people tot that FM is better then BM. before preg alway hear people say BM is the best. how come when baby is born, thing when diff.

Pink daisy

Hi, don't be too discouraged, i have totally the same situation (being a newbie and tutored around), my little darling just turned 7 mths but his birth weight is 9kgs already ;) (considering that he's born premature @ 2.5kgs). My paedi encourages me to b/f him as much as possible (which I did, fully), moreover coz mother's milk of premature babies has more nutrients to compensate the immature growth of their babies. Whenever I bring ds to paedi he always praise that my ds growth rate is excellent (he's now hv the ave. weight fr a 1 yr old).
Tell you, with b/m you can never overfeed. Breastfed babies are heavier but they'll shed and be leaner later!
Plus, I burnt cals like crazy :)

PS: Nevertheless, when turns 6 mths paedi advises to accompany with solids (ard 2meals/day according to babies appetite) but BM is still encouraged unless qty decrease the supplement with FM. So happy feeding!

Last edited:

elaine01

dat day i went out wif MIL. was carrying DS & he cried to be nursed. so i latch him on there & then on the train. when MIL realise what i was doing, she quickly told me,"what you want to do? dont want lah, so many ppl, not nice to nurse here. go home then nurse lah................"

few days back, brought DS out. as usual, he wants to be nursed to nap on the train. 2 aunties in their 50s boarded the train & saw me nursing DS. very surprised, one of them asked me,"how old is he?" I told her DS is past 26 months. they were "wow! very good! very few ppl like me nurse more than 2 years. most of them few months only. bb must drink BM then strong & healthy."

among the aunties i see on the streets gave me the thumbs up for nursing this far. only MIL find that I disgrace her...........

elaine01

i think i am lucky then u, my hubby is very surpporting in breastfed and actully whenever i read any breastfeed book, i will tell him what it written inside. as he got no time to read all this book. slowly he know more and he alway tell his friend to breastfeed their baby.

i think that we being a mummy we have the right to decide whether to give FM or BM. we are their mummy, we born the baby not them. my mil have tell me once to mix bm with fm but i tell her that bm is the best and ask her to read book about it. she can`t read word and also don`t dare to ans me, because she scare that she will not have the chance to saw her only grand-daugher. i dare to do it, cau i feel that baby is our, they have no right to decide for me.

but indeed of my heart i am sad, how come there are so many people tot that FM is better then BM. before preg alway hear people say BM is the best. how come when baby is born, thing when diff.
he dun dare to be so supportive in front of his mum cos whatever his mum says is RIGHT!

angeline85

i know that breastfeed will not be overfeed. but how come my dd already 15 month still look bigger then other kid. even bigger the 2 year old kid loh... maybe is because she eat alot of soild and also drink alot of milk almost 3 hour once but will not wake up in the night. (i never give her any fry, sweet thing) should i cut down her milk? but whenever she wanna to drink, being a mother i don`t wish to break her heart leh and in my heart will alway say aiya, breastfeed will not overfeed de mah, let her drink.. hehe..

angeline85

he dun dare to be so supportive in front of his mum cos whatever his mum says is RIGHT!
Elaine,

so your hubby actully very supportive in breastfeeding right? (ee.. i think i am right, if not you will not be feeding until 2 year old.)
he don`t dare to be so supportive in front his mother maybe is because he don`t want his mother to be unhappy. you actully fall in love to him because he is good to his mother right?

angeline85

dat day i went out wif MIL. was carrying DS & he cried to be nursed. so i latch him on there & then on the train. when MIL realise what i was doing, she quickly told me,"what you want to do? dont want lah, so many ppl, not nice to nurse here. go home then nurse lah................"

few days back, brought DS out. as usual, he wants to be nursed to nap on the train. 2 aunties in their 50s boarded the train & saw me nursing DS. very surprised, one of them asked me,"how old is he?" I told her DS is past 26 months. they were "wow! very good! very few ppl like me nurse more than 2 years. most of them few months only. bb must drink BM then strong & healthy."

among the aunties i see on the streets gave me the thumbs up for nursing this far. only MIL find that I disgrace her...........
how come you are so lucky huh... normally aunties will ask me you are still breastfeeding ar.. got milk meh? maybe is in diff place diff kind of aunties, i do remember sometime some aunties saw me in shopping centre nursing, they will say good good, breastfeed is the best. then if i bring dd go downstair play ground, if saw some grandmother they will ask you are feeding her FM? i say no, BM. then they will say got milk meh?

elaine01

Elaine,

so your hubby actully very supportive in breastfeeding right? (ee.. i think i am right, if not you will not be feeding until 2 year old.)
he don`t dare to be so supportive in front his mother maybe is because he don`t want his mother to be unhappy. you actully fall in love to him because he is good to his mother right?
becos he dun hv 2 spend $$$ on FM, no need wake up in the middle of the night to give milk mah........:tlaugh:
i fell for him then cos he's an honest guy

elaine01

how come you are so lucky huh... normally aunties will ask me you are still breastfeeding ar.. got milk meh? maybe is in diff place diff kind of aunties, i do remember sometime some aunties saw me in shopping centre nursing, they will say good good, breastfeed is the best. then if i bring dd go downstair play ground, if saw some grandmother they will ask you are feeding her FM? i say no, BM. then they will say got milk meh?
Hahaha.......some even say their DILs also breastfeeding etc.....
most of them i met gave me the thumbs up!

yeah, neighbourhood ah-mas will gimme the you-still-have-milk-meh look, like my MIL. after DS turned 6 months, MIL actually wanted me to stop so that I can conceive agian & give her a grand-daughter.........

angeline85

becos he dun hv 2 spend $$$ on FM, no need wake up in the middle of the night to give milk mah........:tlaugh:
i fell for him then cos he's an honest guy
yaya.. about the same with my hubby.. hehe... i remember last time when baby is still very small will keep waking up for milk. he will scold me, say feed what breastmilk feed until keep waking up at night. then i will tell him is me the one who feeding her.. if you wanna to feed FM can, you wake up and feed her. then he will keep quiet and go sleep.. hehe...

angeline85

Hahaha.......some even say their DILs also breastfeeding etc.....
most of them i met gave me the thumbs up!

yeah, neighbourhood ah-mas will gimme the you-still-have-milk-meh look, like my MIL. after DS turned 6 months, MIL actually wanted me to stop so that I can conceive agian & give her a grand-daughter.........
do you think of having another child?

himawari

After reading all the post above, i think i am the lucky one, my mom and my mil never questioned much about me bf my daughter fully without formula. In fact they said its even better for the baby as all the much nutrition is being passed down to her.
I guess right from the start before she is born i also made myself very clear that i will bf her for at least 6 mths to a year. So they are mentally prepared in the sense.
Husband has been total supportive right from the start .

elaine01

After reading all the post above, i think i am the lucky one, my mom and my mil never questioned much about me bf my daughter fully without formula. In fact they said its even better for the baby as all the much nutrition is being passed down to her.
I guess right from the start before she is born i also made myself very clear that i will bf her for at least 6 mths to a year. So they are mentally prepared in the sense.
Husband has been total supportive right from the start .
I also made myself VERY clear that I've decided to BF when I was less than 12 wks pregnant. my family were very supportive, shared their experiences with me. but everytime i see my ILs, they'll question me time & again, you sure you want to breastfeed?very tiring one lor.........it's not child's play le?we give FM also want to doze off, not to say give BM............then MIL chipped in, yah lor........BM where got enough..........give FM better, more filling, dont wake up so often. then if breasts engorged, pump & dump!(OMG!) DH didnt say anything, just said he agreed with what his family said. he helped to burp his nephew. but before his nephew burp, he burped instead......:001_302:

to date, still have to put up with their remarks & finger pointing, but i used to it liao.......

xue

hmm..i bf for oni 3wks..but he was on fm too..my MIL & FIL did not lke mi to bf..at first when i realize they dislike..i purposely bf him for every feedin..but after dat i gave up..as they were too naggy..they are not educated n did not noe the importance of bm..when my dh scolded his mum..n told mi not to gif up..my MIL told mi to bf again..but i purposely duwan listen to her..
i realy hate his family..i had to do my confinement there n i almost cried everyday.. glad that im not stayin wif them..but i reali regret givin up bf..

elaine01

hmm..i bf for oni 3wks..but he was on fm too..my MIL & FIL did not lke mi to bf..at first when i realize they dislike..i purposely bf him for every feedin..but after dat i gave up..as they were too naggy..they are not educated n did not noe the importance of bm..when my dh scolded his mum..n told mi not to gif up..my MIL told mi to bf again..but i purposely duwan listen to her..
i realy hate his family..i had to do my confinement there n i almost cried everyday.. glad that im not stayin wif them..but i reali regret givin up bf..
i didnt stay wif them i already cry 2 wks then stable down............