dr benjamin tham wai lum

cmeilim

From my own experience, if I relax and breathe deeply and slowly during VE, it is much less painful. It will feel more like a pressure sown under, but not share unbearable pain.

babypom

Went for my 1st appt yesterday.

He did a scan both inside and outside and only managed to see sac and a small white dot. According to him, I am in my week 5-6 instead of week 7 based on my LMP.

Was given a jab and Duphaston + Vit B6 for 1 week.

Hopefully heartbeat can be detected when I go back next week again.

Tiggee

I went for an appt today. Tested positive for gastational diabetes. He also say baby overweight. Now I have to really control my diet. :(

whomovedmycheese

I went for an appt today. Tested positive for gastational diabetes. He also say baby overweight. Now I have to really control my diet. :(
Take care! I think probably can control the carbo intake and also the sweet stuff. I am kinda scared to coz recently I have been taking quite sweet stuff.

vis

Went for my 1st appt yesterday.

He did a scan both inside and outside and only managed to see sac and a small white dot. According to him, I am in my week 5-6 instead of week 7 based on my LMP.

Was given a jab and Duphaston + Vit B6 for 1 week.

Hopefully heartbeat can be detected when I go back next week again.

hi babypom,

rem me? i had the same appt day with u.. im into 9W6D.. :)

dr tham did an outside scan of my tummy and my bb is already forming.. can see head, hands and legs.. legs was kicking during the scan. heartbeat was beating fast.. :)

what jab did you take? I was given obmin pills to eat...
my consultation was like very fast... scan ok, dr tham advised a bit and ok done... went for payment.. haa.

vis

Dear mummies,

Can i know when must let TMC know the bed that we want to take during delivery.. I was told to let them know when I am coming for my 2nd appt in 3 weeks time. I thought how come so fast need to decide...

Btw mummies, what beds you all are taking? im am considering 1 bedded room or 2 bedded room... hmmm

babypom

Hi vis

Of course I do hehe

Good to know your baby is doing well :) will you be taking up the package?

I had Proluton jab.

My consultation was a little longer for the scanning part. Overall very comfortable with Dr Tham, even hubby also think he is nice

hi babypom,

rem me? i had the same appt day with u.. im into 9W6D.. :)

dr tham did an outside scan of my tummy and my bb is already forming.. can see head, hands and legs.. legs was kicking during the scan. heartbeat was beating fast.. :)

what jab did you take? I was given obmin pills to eat...
my consultation was like very fast... scan ok, dr tham advised a bit and ok done... went for payment.. haa.

vis

hi babypom,

Yup im gg to take his package in 3 weeks time when i am 12weeks... u mean is optional?
are you taking?

How come you need to take the proluton jab? what's tat for ? can I know? :)

Btw did the nurse at the payment ask u to tell them what bed you want for delivery?
I was surprised when they said i need to tell them when I am coming for 2nd appt in 3 weeks time..

When is ur 2nd appt? mine is 12 may..

babypom

Hi vis

The jab is to work together with Duphaston to help to relax the uterus. I will be back next week again to see if heartbeat can be detected.

The nurse did not ask me for option for bed yet. Didn't know need to decide so early

luvjoanne

Hi vis

The jab is to work together with Duphaston to help to relax the uterus. I will be back next week again to see if heartbeat can be detected.

The nurse did not ask me for option for bed yet. Didn't know need to decide so early
Hello :) u can choose ur choice of bed first then subsequently if u decide to chg, u can chg anytime.
Tmc really hot these days n single bedded r always snapped up thus I think they want u to book fast.
I miss the times counting down to visit dr tham to see the little one!

amint

Hi mummies,
Cld i pls check what is the latest consultation charge/repeat consultation charge, ultrasound scan charges and pregnancy package for Dr Ben Tham, is there an increase? Called the clinic but they're not willing to disclose on phone, only told me first time consult is $90.... Thanks in advance! :)

Tiggee

Hi mummies,
Cld i pls check what is the latest consultation charge/repeat consultation charge, ultrasound scan charges and pregnancy package for Dr Ben Tham, is there an increase? Called the clinic but they're not willing to disclose on phone, only told me first time consult is $90.... Thanks in advance! :)
Package from 12 weeks is $600. Inclusive of consultation, ultrasound scan and urine test everytime you see him. Not inclusive of blood test, Oscar & vitamins etc.

My 1st consultation was $80 + $20 for ultrascan and $5 for urine test. But I did blood test and all my vitamins. So my bill was rather expensive. Cos I only visited my gynae at week 17. :x

amint

hi Thanks, am considering him as gynae.

Package from 12 weeks is $600. Inclusive of consultation, ultrasound scan and urine test everytime you see him. Not inclusive of blood test, Oscar & vitamins etc.

My 1st consultation was $80 + $20 for ultrascan and $5 for urine test. But I did blood test and all my vitamins. So my bill was rather expensive. Cos I only visited my gynae at week 17. :x

leelee07

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this website, this is my first time preg and currently seeing a gynae at Kandang Kerbau Hospital but I find the waiting time rather long (approx. 2hrs) and I only get to see the gynae for about 10mins. And I find the answer from him rather short and brief.

As this is my first time preg, so you can imagine I have a list of concerns and qns. After seeing reviews about Dr Benjamin Tham, he seems to be the gynae I'm looking for, very patient and caring... Any advice you can give if I want to change gynae now that I'm 10 weeks preg. Also can anyone share your experience with me on delivery at Thomson Medical Center? Thanks!!! :)
I have been with Dr Benjamin Tham since 2003. Yes, he is one that will put you at ease. If you keep to your appointment, waiting time is abt 30mins, unless he needs to attend to emergency situation. I once had a call from his clinic that he'd like to see earlier cuz he needed to attend to an emergency operation. His charges are very reasonable. He will not put you through undue stress or spend mor money than necessary.

Sushiplatter

Hi all mummy's-to-be,

Newbie to this forum. I'm tested +ve using the kit last week n am scheduled for an appt with Dr Ben on the 19 May!! Getting all excited already! Hopefully can see something through the scan. Nurse mentioned over phone that I may be in my 5-6th weeks! Can't seem to put myself at ease until I see Dr Ben. Do u all feel like this in the beginning too?? Maybe I worry too much...

Signing off,
Worried mtb..

Tiggee

Hi all mummy's-to-be,

Newbie to this forum. I'm tested +ve using the kit last week n am scheduled for an appt with Dr Ben on the 19 May!! Getting all excited already! Hopefully can see something through the scan. Nurse mentioned over phone that I may be in my 5-6th weeks! Can't seem to put myself at ease until I see Dr Ben. Do u all feel like this in the beginning too?? Maybe I worry too much...

Signing off,
Worried mtb..
I'll be seeing him on the 18th! :D 5-6weeks will be able to see the sac I think. As for heartbeat, may or may not be there yet.
I only went to see a gynae when I was 17 weeks. Hahas. So I wasn't too excited as I knew for sure I had a baby inside already. :D
Try not to worry too much or stress yourself out. Enjoy the pregnancy! :)

Sushiplatter

I'll be seeing him on the 18th! :D 5-6weeks will be able to see the sac I think. As for heartbeat, may or may not be there yet.
I only went to see a gynae when I was 17 weeks. Hahas. So I wasn't too excited as I knew for sure I had a baby inside already. :D
Try not to worry too much or stress yourself out. Enjoy the pregnancy! :)

Thanks Tiggee! Wow! 17weeks! U sure can wait! I even waited a slot this sat!! Haha! But too bad he is fully taken Liao..so have no choice but wait till 19...congrats! Yea..I will enjoy my term..now will juz have to conquer the 'Zzz monsters' who are always here every minute of the day!! zzzz..

whomovedmycheese

Thanks Tiggee! Wow! 17weeks! U sure can wait! I even waited a slot this sat!! Haha! But too bad he is fully taken Liao..so have no choice but wait till 19...congrats! Yea..I will enjoy my term..now will juz have to conquer the 'Zzz monsters' who are always here every minute of the day!! zzzz..
Congrats!! Probably at 5-6 weeks you won't see the heartbeat but you will see the sac. At 7-8 weeks should be able to see the heartbeat already. This month his schedule is quite packed because of the many public holidays. After the holidays his schedule should be quite ok. That's what I was told. My next appointment is this Friday. :)

You are in good hands! :)