dr benjamin tham wai lum

whomovedmycheese

Hi gals,

I will hv my first appt with Dr Tham in april 18.. Excited... Can I ask, do u hv stomache during 1st trimester? I had it just now but only a short while n I went to toilet.. I was afraid it will affect e foetus... n furthermore I don't hv much pregnancy symptoms now as compare to e first few weeks.. Is it normal?? I hope my foetus is still growing...

Is it something like cramp? If I never remember wrongly, I had cramps in the first tri.

whomovedmycheese

I had it like normal stomache n need to go toilet poo loh.. Cramps I had it too on 1 or 2 occassions.. So it is normal??
Not sure about stomachache.. but cramp I had.. It's normal coz the uterus is expanding at a very fast speed. But if it comes with spotting, then need to alert the clinic immediately and go for checkup.

Tiggee

Not sure about stomachache.. but cramp I had.. It's normal coz the uterus is expanding at a very fast speed. But if it comes with spotting, then need to alert the clinic immediately and go for checkup.
I don't rmb having cramps. I only rmb the breast soreness, peeing like free, MS and very sleepy!

Tiggee

Lol! Either my baby also sleeping soundly like me at night or I was sleeping like a log, I didn't feel much. But sometimes when I move to the other side to sleep, she will kick me like telling me I disturbed her. Lol
My baby prefers me to sleep on the right. If I slp on the left he will keep kicking till I get rather annoyed and change sides!

furbee

how was ur labour like? was it long??.. up till now i never watch any videos on natural birth, or c-sec.. like so scary.
but also got the ???? qn marks since its my first :)

babypom

Hi gals,

I will hv my first appt with Dr Tham in april 18.. Excited... Can I ask, do u hv stomache during 1st trimester? I had it just now but only a short while n I went to toilet.. I was afraid it will affect e foetus... n furthermore I don't hv much pregnancy symptoms now as compare to e first few weeks.. Is it normal?? I hope my foetus is still growing...
Hi vis

I will be visiting Dr Tham on the same day as you :)

I had stomachache like you in the earlier weeks but now is ok. No MS except frequent need to pee.

Dun worry too much ya

vis

Hi vis

I will be visiting Dr Tham on the same day as you :)

I had stomachache like you in the earlier weeks but now is ok. No MS except frequent need to pee.

dont worry too much ya
hi babypom,

what time is your appt? :) first time seeing dr tham too? i dun have much MS except occassionally nausea and vomit loh..

luvjoanne

Hi all, just wanna share that I have delivered my girl under dr ben tham on 8 April. Just to keep it simple, he's a super nice, caring, patient gynae that made me v v comfortable w him.
U r in good hands so rest assured :)

Tiggee

Hi all, just wanna share that I have delivered my girl under dr ben tham on 8 April. Just to keep it simple, he's a super nice, caring, patient gynae that made me v v comfortable w him.
1st of all, congrats on the arrival of your baby girl!

Can I have the breakdown of your bill? Including his fees as well. And how many bedded did you stay?

whomovedmycheese

Congrats!! I saw your post in the April mummies' thread. I am quite sure I am in good hands, especially with your assurance!

Btw, is the VE really very painful?

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this website, this is my first time preg and currently seeing a gynae at Kandang Kerbau Hospital but I find the waiting time rather long (approx. 2hrs) and I only get to see the gynae for about 10mins. And I find the answer from him rather short and brief.

As this is my first time preg, so you can imagine I have a list of concerns and qns. After seeing reviews about Dr Benjamin Tham, he seems to be the gynae I'm looking for, very patient and caring... Any advice you can give if I want to change gynae now that I'm 10 weeks preg. Also can anyone share your experience with me on delivery at Thomson Medical Center? Thanks!!! :)

Tiggee

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this website, this is my first time preg and currently seeing a gynae at Kandang Kerbau Hospital but I find the waiting time rather long (approx. 2hrs) and I only get to see the gynae for about 10mins. And I find the answer from him rather short and brief.

As this is my first time preg, so you can imagine I have a list of concerns and qns. After seeing reviews about Dr Benjamin Tham, he seems to be the gynae I'm looking for, very patient and caring... Any advice you can give if I want to change gynae now that I'm 10 weeks preg. Also can anyone share your experience with me on delivery at Thomson Medical Center? Thanks!!! :)
Welcome to the forum!

His waiting time is never that long. Longest I waited was an hr I think.
He will usually tell you what to expect so I don't really have much qns to ask him. But of cos he is open to qns & normally ask if I have any qns cos I seem rather blur. Lols.
He has a package from 12 week onward for $600. Inclusive of scan, urine test & consultation. Blood test, vitamin, etc etc is not included.

I have not delivered, so I can't help on the last past. Maybe u can go for the hospital tour?

Hihi,

Thanks so much for your advice... Indeed I thought of going down to TMC to take a look sometime this week, as I did hear about the nurses there not so attentive, not too sure how true.. Hopefully all will turn well during my trip there and I can start to book my first appt with him. :)

luvjoanne

Hihi,

Thanks so much for your advice... Indeed I thought of going down to Thomson Medical Center to take a look sometime this week, as I did hear about the nurses there not so attentive, not too sure how true.. Hopefully all will turn well during my trip there and I can start to book my first appt with him. :)
Hihi, I disagree that nurses in tmc are unattentive. Maybe those assistants in Tge clinic ain't the friendliest, but the nurses in delivery/labour ward/rooms are v nice n helpful. I met a couple of really helpful Indian nurses.

Tigger, the breakdown is super long.. I'll try to see the bi again n let u know. I think dr tham's charges abt 1.2k+ if I rmb correctly. My bill was higher cos mine was induced birth w assistance (vacuum) n with 2 doses of epidural.

Whomovedmycheese, yup definitely in gd hands of dr tham.. VE is painful if u dun coorperate w the person performing VE. I will post in April thread to share w other mummies there on hw to make ur VE an almost painless one thru my experience :p