EDD in Dec 2011

ihmdweh

I was 'retrenched' during recession so their reason was the cost blah blah. However there wasn't any retrenchment exercise and I was 'retrenched' within a few days after I informed them about my pregnancy. I didn't work very long for the company so retrenchment benefits was not compulsory. They didn't offer any compensation of any sort.

In the letter which my MP wrote to MOM, they highlighted the date of my appointment. I was extremely lucky that my last day of work fell in the first day of my last 6 months pregnancy so I was protected under the other act (not the employment act). So in the end my employer compensated an 'ex-gratia payment' of 2 months salary.

Yah in the end I get 2 months salary from my employer and 8 weeks government paid maternity from MCYS :)

You should have told the officer that you would like to go ahead and lodge a complaint. MOM will then conduct an investigation on the company etc.
Sorry babe.. what do you mean by "last day of work fell in the first day of my last 6 months pregnancy so I was protected under the other act (not the employment act)." how many months must we be pregnant to be protected under the other act? > 3 months right?

Triquetra

Sorry babe.. what do you mean by "last day of work fell in the first day of my last 6 months pregnancy so I was protected under the other act (not the employment act)." how many months must we be pregnant to be protected under the other act? > 3 months right?
My EDD was on the 28 Aug 2009 and my last day of work was on 28 Feb 2009 :)

The Child Development Co-Savings Act:
Within 6 months from your EDD
Termination/dismissal (without sufficient cause)/retrenchment with maternity benefits

Employment Act:
Within 3 months from your EDD
No termination/dismissal

Above was what MOM practised during that time but I just tried to copy word for word, I am not able to find the info. When I emailed MOM in May'09 this was what the officer replied:

If an employee is retrenched within the last 3 months of pregnancy or
dismissed without sufficient cause within the last 6 months of pregnancy,
the employer is required to pay the female employee her maternity benefits
she would be entitled to if not for the retrenchment/unfair dismissal.

xicloudix

Ya, tell me about it... I don't know how I am going to cope! But I still have to manage somehow... Didn't expect no. 2 to be so fast on the way but well, since it's fated that way, then so be it... =D

When your no. 2 is out, no. 1 how many months already? When I pop my no. 2, no. 1 is about 14 to 15 months and I think I will go crazy cos I think no. 1 is just learning how to walk, climb, you know, have to watch him real close to avoid accidents and still got a newborn to take care of! Oh my! I can't imagine! Haha... =x

This pregnancy started after 6 months from delivery so I also worried "factory" haven't recover yet then it's not good... But it feels the same as my previous pregnancy... Only more tired and a bit light-headed at times... You take care, gal... Eat more tonics... Hehe... But think not right now... Later then can take tonics right?

when my No. 2 comes out... i think my No.1 is 20mths? or smaller... coz i think may give birth earlier.. coz my 1st i gave birth at 37weeks... big baby...

yes more tired and light head.....

btw can eat what tonics ar??? i now dun care, i started on black chicken with ginseng and birdnest liao....
if i dun take, i too weak...

and everyday hand and feet all cold cold one... my granny says coz my blood circulation no good, due to weak body....

lucky now have my mum and granny help out in my no.1 else i faint.... see him trying to tear the house down and climbing all over... but i dun have the strength to chase him at all...

is there anyone helping u???

AngieTan

I was 'retrenched' during recession so their reason was the cost blah blah. However there wasn't any retrenchment exercise and I was 'retrenched' within a few days after I informed them about my pregnancy. I didn't work very long for the company so retrenchment benefits was not compulsory. They didn't offer any compensation of any sort.

In the letter which my MP wrote to MOM, they highlighted the date of my appointment. I was extremely lucky that my last day of work fell in the first day of my last 6 months pregnancy so I was protected under the other act (not the employment act). So in the end my employer compensated an 'ex-gratia payment' of 2 months salary.

Yah in the end I get 2 months salary from my employer and 8 weeks government paid maternity from MCYS :)

You should have told the officer that you would like to go ahead and lodge a complaint. MOM will then conduct an investigation on the company etc.
I did lodge the complaint and investigations were conducted... Parties even met to try and resolve this issue... But in the end, the MOM officer persuaded my ex-employers to make some kind of an ex-gratia payment as they were very adamant about fighting my case all the way... So they did offer but the sum was a bit lesser than my 2 months salary and no compensation for maternity leave as obviously this was only an ex-gratia payment so it's like take it or leave it kind of thing... I took it cos I figured I needed the money as I was about to give birth soon (it was offered about 1 month before my EDD) and I was stressed with the whole issue... I think I was silly to take it and but I don't think I could fight them so I gave up... Like I said, they are good at defending their company, given their profession and I just felt that it's not worth the time and effort and let it affect my pregnancy... Sigh...

You are lucky to at least get the maternity leave compensation... They didn't even give me 1 month's notice and didn't compensate me... Bunch of swindlers!

AngieTan

My EDD was on the 28 Aug 2009 and my last day of work was on 28 Feb 2009 :)

The Child Development Co-Savings Act:
Within 6 months from your EDD
Termination/dismissal (without sufficient cause)/retrenchment with maternity benefits

Employment Act:
Within 3 months from your EDD
No termination/dismissal

Above was what MOM practised during that time but I just tried to copy word for word, I am not able to find the info. When I emailed MOM in May'09 this was what the officer replied:

If an employee is retrenched within the last 3 months of pregnancy or
dismissed without sufficient cause within the last 6 months of pregnancy,
the employer is required to pay the female employee her maternity benefits
she would be entitled to if not for the retrenchment/unfair dismissal.
That's the problem... Cos they said it was due to poor work performance and that is a CAUSE... So I tried to prove that there wasn't any previous problems but suddenly when I was pregnant, all these issues came about? But they said it's due to that and will fight me all the way to prove that...

AngieTan

when my No. 2 comes out... i think my No.1 is 20mths? or smaller... coz i think may give birth earlier.. coz my 1st i gave birth at 37weeks... big baby...

yes more tired and light head.....

btw can eat what tonics ar??? i now dun care, i started on black chicken with ginseng and birdnest liao....
if i dun take, i too weak...

and everyday hand and feet all cold cold one... my granny says coz my blood circulation no good, due to weak body....

lucky now have my mum and granny help out in my no.1 else i faint.... see him trying to tear the house down and climbing all over... but i dun have the strength to chase him at all...

is there anyone helping u???

Did you take care of yourself during your last confinement?

My mum comes by at times to help out (but mostly is to see her grandson lah) but think at later stage of my pregnancy, she will have to come more regularly as my stomach will be too big to handle a baby who is trying to climb, walk, etc... Now I have to carry him also and sometimes my lower abdomen hurts a little when doing that but what to do? My mum can't be here 24/7 and I also still wanna bond with my son... I mean he's so young and if deprived of mummy's carrying, very sad and unfair, right?

xicloudix

Did you take care of yourself during your last confinement?

My mum comes by at times to help out (but mostly is to see her grandson lah) but think at later stage of my pregnancy, she will have to come more regularly as my stomach will be too big to handle a baby who is trying to climb, walk, etc... Now I have to carry him also and sometimes my lower abdomen hurts a little when doing that but what to do? My mum can't be here 24/7 and I also still wanna bond with my son... I mean he's so young and if deprived of mummy's carrying, very sad and unfair, right?

erm did not bathe for a least 2 weeks... didn't really focus on tonic... tot was useless .. so a bit regret this time...

so u are a stay at home mum??? i am working maybe thats why weaker, coz have to cope with work and baby and family ba...

hibernate

That's the problem... Cos they said it was due to poor work performance and that is a CAUSE... So I tried to prove that there wasn't any previous problems but suddenly when I was pregnant, all these issues came about? But they said it's due to that and will fight me all the way to prove that...
it's all their words against you .. leave you with nowhere to run. hais .. thats so mean of them to do that to you

AngieTan

erm did not bathe for a least 2 weeks... didn't really focus on tonic... tot was useless .. so a bit regret this time...

so u are a stay at home mum??? i am working maybe thats why weaker, coz have to cope with work and baby and family ba...
For now, ya... Cos I lost my job during my 5th month of pregnancy and now pregnant again so no choice will be staying home for awhile till the kids get older bah... Ya, think cos you are working so will be tired since have to travel up and down also...

I didn't have much tonics also... Had lots of sesame ginger chicken with Wincarnis wine and pig trotters vinegar... Plus fish of course... But nothing special also... I couldn't take much wine or liquor like DOM cos I will become breathless when I take them... Think is due to my asthma... Don't know why cannot take anymore... Last time still can... So ya... Nothing too "tonic" for me also...

I didn't observe much of confinement rules also... I washed my hair and bathed EVERYDAY but I will make sure to blow dry my hair after that... I couldn't stand it... So hot and dirty, somemore have to carry and feed baby... Had the fan in my face also... I know next time may be bad for me when I get old but it's too early to worry about that now... When we grow old, sure here pain there pain and it could not have been all because of bad confinement right? I mean, we will have so many ailments by then so how can we pinpoint that it's due to bad confinement and not just "wear-and-tear"? Hehe... =P

Try taking liver or food with high iron content? Helps with the blood and maybe you will feel stronger also...

Last edited:

AngieTan

it's all their words against you .. leave you with nowhere to run. hais .. thats so mean of them to do that to you
Ya... It's their words against mine... Or rather, it's a WHOLE COMPANY's words against me (since they got every of their staff to sign statements)... So I feel that if end of the day I lose the fight, I may need to compensate them or get sued by them... So ya, just to avoid all these problems, I just let it go... To some may be silly but I was too emotionally affected to deal with all these things at that point in time... SIGH... =(

hibernate

Ya... It's their words against mine... Or rather, it's a WHOLE COMPANY's words against me (since they got every of their staff to sign statements)... So I feel that if end of the day I lose the fight, I may need to compensate them or get sued by them... So ya, just to avoid all these problems, I just let it go... To some may be silly but I was too emotionally affected to deal with all these things at that point in time... SIGH... =(

hais .. working with this kind of co also sian. leave already also good, continue the fight is really stressful. just stay home and be a happy mummy. don't think about it already

sallylim0076

Re: EDD in Dec 2011 Beware Ms Manissa Hp no 81014039 she owes me $

Beware Ms Manissa Hp no 81014039 she owes me $
BEWARE of services from Website Disabled www.enlivenprotherapeutic.com www.mybodywellness.net ww.mybodywellness.webs.com
All mothers please beware of the service provider of this company.

I signed up a confinement nanny service with this company recently and had a very bad experience with them. The lady in charge was Ms Manissa Hp no 81014039 who is also a massage therapist. Ms Manissa charged me $2600 for 30days for 24hrs service but she never keep to her word. She assigned a nanny, Ms Lyna who is very problematic and has many personal problems. Always have issues at home and cannot work. On 2 occasions during my confinement period, I asked Ms Manissa for replacement because the nanny,Ms Lyna had to leave to attend to personal matters. As written in the contract, Manissa has to replace but did not do so.

After 3 weeks, the nanny ran away in the middle of the night and did not inform me or my husband. We woke up to our babies cries and she was missing. She left my babies unattended. Very irresponsible an unreliable! When I inform Ms Manissa to replace or refund she just ignore me till today! How rude!
Instead of confronting me, she told her boyfriend or some guy, Mr Raden to talk to me to tell me that the contract has ended. I didn't even sign a contract with this guy. He may be some crook for all I know.

Before receiving her payment she came over to my house a few days after i came home from hospital acting like she is visiting me and concern about me. IN reality, she just want her money. After she received her money and the nanny started giving me problems, Ms Manissa just hide and dont't even have the courtesy to come to my house and apologise or confront us to provide a solution. Instead, she just hide and ignore us and arrogantly said her company is still very good. She still advertise for her massages.

Until today, Ms Manissa still owes me money for the days that the nanny disappear and did not come to work. Ms Manissa is truly a bad service provider. Only nice before receiving $$. Not a sincere person and definitely not trustworthy.

I signed up with her thinking that maybe can give a try to a Malay company cos I prefer Malay cooking during my confinement. Unfortunately, this particular Malay lady and her friends or employees are an embarrassment to the Malay community. Not only she took our $$ she also gave me stress and no rest. Instead of resting, I have more work to attend to.

Ms Manissa also provides massages. She is a a certified therapist but with an attitude like that I will NOT recommend anyone to sign up with her. The company address she gave also doesn't exist. Not sure if she actually has an office or not. I think she has an Ali Baba company.​

swthippy

I had rossti(Marche) over the weekends..i am so craving for potato recently... will eating more of this,harm our baby?

I wasn't one until NOW!!! Haha... My current child is a potato junkie... I just craved for fries today and not to mention that I wasn't a big fan of potatoes before! LOL! =P

AngieTan

hais .. working with this kind of co also sian. leave already also good, continue the fight is really stressful. just stay home and be a happy mummy. don't think about it already
Ya lor... Super sianz... Always gonna be an unhappy part of my life but life still goes on... =)

AngieTan

I had rossti(Marche) over the weekends..i am so craving for potato recently... will eating more of this,harm our baby?
I think there's nothing harmful about potatoes and it's a form of carbohydrates... I think what matters is the manner they are cooked... If it's steamed or baked, I think it's really healthy and should be okay... But like potato chips are salty and everything, I don't think it's good if I keep eating but I just can't help it! SOS!

I eat them when I feel hungry too and it helps curb the hunger a little bit... Maybe cos it's carbo??

jenestar83

Hi,

Any mummies looking for traditional hakka yellow rice wine pls contact me. Need at least 2 months to ferment and have good quality.

Jen

hibernate

im craving for those spicy food .. like curry .. and omg the bedok mee soto! and im also having this crazy craving for half boiled eggs .. my mum says its ok to eat it, but some ppl dont recommend .. argh! :we3jiggy:

Last edited:

marmalade

I think there's nothing harmful about potatoes and it's a form of carbohydrates... I think what matters is the manner they are cooked... If it's steamed or baked, I think it's really healthy and should be okay... But like potato chips are salty and everything, I don't think it's good if I keep eating but I just can't help it! SOS!

I eat them when I feel hungry too and it helps curb the hunger a little bit... Maybe cos it's carbo??

now i am craving for salty biscuits like the chicken biscuits. the bad thing is after eating i felt very thirsty yet i dun dare to drink too much water cos i scare i will start puking.
:(