What item does Mt Alvernia provide?

lyra

I'm first time mom giving birth in Mt Alvernia. I'm writing a list of items to pack for hospital and would just like to ask whether any mom knows what item Mt Alvernia will provide so I dun need to pack / buy? I heard they will give bath tub. Will need to bring bb clothes, mittens, booties, swaddle?

AngieTan

They will give you a small diaper bag with changing mat and welcome pack sorta, with a pair of mittens, a bib, a t-shirt, a blanket I think, and maybe another item, can't really remember...

Clothes you only need to bring one set for baby upon discharge... Receiving blanket also to wrap baby in upon discharge too... Would advise to bring own mittens and booties as mittens given in welcome pack was too big for my boy and end up keep slipping out from his hands, resulting in lots of scratches on his face... Bring a few pairs to see which ones can fit I would advise...

Do note that they do not allow beanie hats for the baby to wear so dont't bring that...

Another thing for you to note, opt for their confinement food! It's delicious! The other stuff on the menu so so only... Confinement food can't choose dishes so first 2 days i chose western food mainly, thinking confinement food would be boring since can't choose also... But i was so wrong... Tried it on my last day there and regretted not ordering it earlier! Bummer... =P

Last edited:

AngieTan

Another thing is I think they only provide one pack of 10 pcs Kotex maternity pads and will charge you from 2nd pack onwards or something... So bring your own better... I believe buy on your own cheaper... I like Pureen's Madame maternity pads... Not ex and pretty absorbent...

Oh ya... They also provide a toiletries bag containing shower gel, shampoo, comb, toothbrush and toothpaste...

AngieTan

Aiyoh... Remembered another thing too... Bring your own clothes to wear... When I asked for their hospital gown, they said they do not provide but if I really want, they only have those type that's opened and tied at the back so no point...

lyra

Thnx for the advice, Angie! Very useful for me. So looking fwd to receiving my little boy haha.
Oh great, they provide toiletries coz I'm gng to just take showers in hospital b4 I get home n have to adhere by all the tormenting confinement rules. No way am I gng to not take showers after the sweating from childbirth!

hi mummies.. i'll be giving birth at mt a too.. may i ask if i should bring my own disposable undies? do they provide that?
and for baby diapers and wipes i no need to bring right??

thanks

AngieTan

Thnx for the advice, Angie! Very useful for me. So looking fwd to receiving my little boy haha.
Oh great, they provide toiletries coz I'm gng to just take showers in hospital b4 I get home n have to adhere by all the tormenting confinement rules. No way am I gng to not take showers after the sweating from childbirth!
Haha... I bathed in hospital too on the 3rd day and everyday of the confinement... It's really just too hot!

By the way, you stay in Punggol? And you are not local, are you? Read in your blog... Hehe...

AngieTan

hi mummies.. i'll be giving birth at mt a too.. may i ask if i should bring my own disposable undies? do they provide that?
and for baby diapers and wipes i no need to bring right??

thanks
Hi Honeylicious,

I remember them providing a netted one right after delivery and believe it's chargeable... Not bad though, felt like it supported tummy which was a bit flabby right after birth and kept it in place! Lol... But I think get your own better IMO... The net material got me itchy as it was a bit like roll bandage material... If you get what I mean, as some may be allergic to bandage material...

Baby diapers and wipes provided during stay... I think if got balance, will give to you on the day of discharge, if I remember correctly...

Last edited:

ziggyy

Alpha Male
My inputs...

Bring at least 2 sets of mittens and booties, just in case your baby have to stay a little longer because of jaundice. You'll probably want to pre-wash these first so forget about using those in the goodie bag. Can't remember if we brought extra clothing for our baby.

You'll need a set of clothes for your baby on the day of discharge and also a receiving blanket as the others have said. They'll give you a bathtub, very useful, but very bulky too. Try to get your husband to carry the other barang barang home the day before discharge. The hospital will also give you any leftover diapers (huggies S size).

For your own pajamas, you may want to buy those with buttons in front, easier to breast feed..

Remind your husband to bring lots of coins.... the vending machine will become his best friend... coffee/tea/milo are free in the delivery suite but once you are in the wards, got to buy from the vending machine.... there's only a subway and a cafe (very expensive) in Mnt A.

All the best!

lyra

Hi Angie, I'll be moving in to my Punggol new flat after confinement. Doing confinement at parents-in-law's place as I dun want the dust and drilling to drive both baby and me mad! I'm 100% local haha. Does my blog show I'm not?

Haha... I bathed in hospital too on the 3rd day and everyday of the confinement... It's really just too hot!

By the way, you stay in Punggol? And you are not local, are you? Read in your blog... Hehe...

AngieTan

Hi Angie, I'll be moving in to my Punggol new flat after confinement. Doing confinement at parents-in-law's place as I dun want the dust and drilling to drive both baby and me mad! I'm 100% local haha. Does my blog show I'm not?
Oh I saw postings in malay language... Are you Malay or?

New flat? Where at? Me staying at older flats across Punggol Plaza...

Hi Honeylicious,

I remember them providing a netted one right after delivery and believe it's chargeable... Not bad though, felt like it supported tummy which was a bit flabby right after birth and kept it in place! Lol... But I think get your own better IMO... The net material got me itchy as it was a bit like roll bandage material... If you get what I mean, as some may be allergic to bandage material...

Baby diapers and wipes provided during stay... I think if got balance, will give to you on the day of discharge, if I remember correctly...
Thanks so much for the reply :)

lyra

In Malay? Hmm... I dun speak or write Malay! I'm Chinese Singaporean haha. If its the chat box, I got lots of weird spams in multi languages in there.
I'll be staying near Damai LRT, those stretch of BTO flats that are still building :)

Oh I saw postings in malay language... Are you Malay or?

New flat? Where at? Me staying at older flats across Punggol Plaza...

AngieTan

In Malay? Hmm... I dun speak or write Malay! I'm Chinese Singaporean haha. If its the chat box, I got lots of weird spams in multi languages in there.
I'll be staying near Damai LRT, those stretch of BTO flats that are still building :)
Oh I am trying to get a new BTO flat around that area too! Still no good news cos 2nd timer... =( When will your flat be ready then?

Lol I think it's the spam messages at the chatbox that got mistaken! Haha...

Just to let you know that the sealing caps for glass bottles can be bought from the hospital pharmacy and the glass bottles you can ask from the nursery upon discharge FOC...

lyra

My fren is a first timer n she has no news too. She finally got offer in Sengkang.
I'm renovating my flat now. Moving in after confinement :)
A mummy gave me lots of glass bottles so I won't need to ask for more anymore haha. Are the caps necessary? If I'm not bringing the bottles out, I won't be needing the caps rite?
Oh I am trying to get a new BTO flat around that area too! Still no good news cos 2nd timer... =( When will your flat be ready then?

Lol I think it's the spam messages at the chatbox that got mistaken! Haha...

Just to let you know that the sealing caps for glass bottles can be bought from the hospital pharmacy and the glass bottles you can ask from the nursery upon discharge FOC...

knut29

erhm lyra you are placing the bottles inside the freezer right? better seal them, to reduce water loss from the frozen milk.. and also for hygiene purposes..

lyra

Another question: My fren said Mt Alvernia provides newborn diapers. Is it true? I am wondering whether I should buy a pack of new born diapers first.

knut29

the newborn diapers pack contains 22 pcs of diapers only and will be used during your baby's stay in hospital.. ultimately you will still need to buy newborn diapers, for your baby to use back at home.. i doubt you will use cloth diapers all the time, right?