What item does Mt Alvernia provide?

AngieTan

Another question: My fren said Mt Alvernia provides newborn diapers. Is it true? I am wondering whether I should buy a pack of new born diapers first.
I heard they used to use Pampers but when I was there that time, they were using Huggies but if I remember correctly, it was not NB size but S size instead... Huggies cutting for NB size really tiny... I would recommend buying S size for standby at home instead of NB size in case baby can't fit then you'll end up wasting them... But if baby can fit into NB size, you can always buy it and use it first then keep the S size one for future use right? =)

That's what I did lah but actually better not to stock up too many also cos need to see if the brand of diapers suit baby or not... I was brave (or stupid) enough to stock up on Pampers without even knowing if it suits baby or not, thinking expensive brand sure okay one... But someone told me no such thing! I so silly lor... Haha... =P

AngieTan

Just saw from your blog that you did buy some Pampers NB size diapers! Hope you didn't buy too many though! Haha! =P

Not to worry, Pampers' cutting bigger and my son also used it in the early days so the S size I bought was stored away first but soon they'll be able to wear it!

knut29

yup AngieTan mummy is right, it is Small-size packaging, not NewBorn-size packaging.. I think a lot of first time mummy stock up too.. hehe i was one of them.. so in the end can only wait till i finish using the diapers then change size/brand..

lyra

Oic! Lucky I only bought one pack (24 pieces). I intend to use nappy so nvr stock up too much diapers. Coz I'm stay home mum, will try to use nappy n perhaps buy bumwear when he's older, until I cannot tahan washing nappies. Haha
Just saw from your blog that you did buy some Pampers NB size diapers! Hope you didn't buy too many though! Haha! =P

Not to worry, Pampers' cutting bigger and my son also used it in the early days so the S size I bought was stored away first but soon they'll be able to wear it!

knut29

fyi: becoz you are breastfeeding, your son's poo will be super watery and will stain the nappies very badly.. my confinement nanny complained a lot when we got her to wash the cloth nappies.. and your baby might have 10 odd nappies per day..

lyra

knut29, yup, heard of that before but my MIL said using napkin is good for baby's skin. I think most prob I will switch to pampers when I'm tired.

knut29

yup yup, but i find using diapers and nappies both contribute diaper rash.. but i heard from friend before that kids will toilet train faster if they wear cloth diapers instead of diapers.. i used cloth diapers during my ML, and only use diapers when i bring my baby outdoors..

Last edited:

AngieTan

Oic! Lucky I only bought one pack (24 pieces). I intend to use nappy so nvr stock up too much diapers. Coz I'm stay home mum, will try to use nappy n perhaps buy bumwear when he's older, until I cannot tahan washing nappies. Haha
Haha! I bought 4 packs LORRRRRRRRRR.... Luckily he is fine with it... So good for ya that you only bought 1 pack! =P

I can't imagine washing nappies so stuck with disposable diapers but now cloth diapers seem to appeal to me... Haha... In terms of cost and environmental friendliness... But really still can't imagine washing as compared to just "use-and-throw"... Hehe... Aiyah you know lah, LAZY PEOPLE... LOL! =x

AngieTan

knut29, yup, heard of that before but my MIL said using napkin is good for baby's skin. I think most prob I will switch to pampers when I'm tired.
I think it's because to them, cloth napkins are more "breathable" in the sense... But think now modern day diapers are "breathable" too and those days they might not have it so it really depends on how you see it yourself lah... JMHO only... =)

My input on Pampers is great material, very soft but BECAUSE it is soft, poo leaked out like nobody's business as the side gathers are not "stiff" enough to stand and hold the poo in... That is my own experience lah so I find Pampers a bit overrated and overpriced... Again, IMO lah...

lyra

My Fren raved about Huggies n MomyPoko but since Huggies is cheaper, she use it more. She recommended purple Huggies when my bb is older. U can try that if u like :)

I think it's because to them, cloth napkins are more "breathable" in the sense... But think now modern day diapers are "breathable" too and those days they might not have it so it really depends on how you see it yourself lah... JMHO only... =)

My input on Pampers is great material, very soft but BECAUSE it is soft, poo leaked out like nobody's business as the side gathers are not "stiff" enough to stand and hold the poo in... That is my own experience lah so I find Pampers a bit overrated and overpriced... Again, IMO lah...

AngieTan

My Fren raved about Huggies n MomyPoko but since Huggies is cheaper, she use it more. She recommended purple Huggies when my bb is older. U can try that if u like :)
I think your friend is referring to HUGGIES ULTRA as the packaging is in purple... I swear by it too... Been using it for night use and it's very absorbent... Can hold up to 12 hours... Morning wake up no leakage at all... It's their most premium one...

As for Mamy Poko, not bad too but find it a bit too bulky for my liking... However, their NB size very thin and comfortable... Can try...

missesjoanna

Hi gals, heard that Mount Alvernia do not provide pyjama and we need to get our own. Isit true?
yea Mt A do not provide pj. so better prepare 2-3 set in case you dirty it and can change it. and also get those front button pj so is easier for you to BF.

bangalah

Thanks Princekitty n missesjonna... i will get myself a pj. But it kinda weird that this hospital dun provide gown for patient. And we still have to pay for it if we need it.

missesjoanna

Thanks Princekitty n missesjonna... i will get myself a pj. But it kinda weird that this hospital dun provide gown for patient. And we still have to pay for it if we need it.
if i'm not wrong they provide the hospital gown is those tie string behind. and it will quite troublesome or embarrassing if you never tie properly cos it will flash your butt.
for pads they will give u one pkg i believe but if you need more sure need to charge. same for other stuffs.

Ya the gown they provide can reveal ur butt. Plus is too difficult to bf. They do provide shampoo and shower gel, comb and towel. Toothbrush and toothpaste too.

bangalah

Ya, indeed quite embrassing showing the butt. LOl. Oh they do provide shampoo, shower gel, toothbrush n toothpaste. So i no need to pack along with all these.. not chargeable rite? Hee..

All these is inside a comestic pouch put inside the drawer next to ur bed. So u dun use also charge cos inside package le. But bring own toothbrush better la, in case u not used to it