EDD in Dec 2011

AngieTan

AngieTan - Maybe you can try going to the chinese medical hall and ask them to regarding the red date tea? I don't remember mine had ginger inside. I think it had red dates and longan, need to check with in laws what's inside as well. If sick of red date tea, they also prepared fried rice grains with ginger, then just put a spoonful into a cup and pour hot water into it. oops, ginger again!
It's not my mum don't know how to make, it's she INSIST that ginger needs to be added as per what she drank during HER TIME... Same theory... Gets rid of the wind inside our tummy... But problem is, people usually put lots of ginger in FOOD, not DRINK... Do you know whether people add sugar in it so as to make it nicer to drink? Cos my mum think that putting sugar is no good and again insist that I drink without sugar if she has to make without ginger and she also add like other tonics to the drink... So weird de sometimes... =x

I love ginger so not a problem but not in a DRINK... My mum... =.="

Anyway, my cousin's CL taught my mum how to make lemongrass & ginger tea... An alternative to just solely red dates tea... That, with ginger is ok and acceptable to me as I love lemongrass and with ginger, it just makes it nicer... But still NOT TOO MUCH GINGER lah... Hehe... The CL said lemongrass also helps get rid of the wind...

Btw, how's your girl le?

Last edited:

AngieTan

i went to read nov 2011 mummy thread and happened to read about the delivery process. a bit the scared :p
Don't worry, you'll be fine! =)

We all have to go through it and after that, when you see your baby, all the scariness will be forgotten! Jiayou!

My advice... Don't read too much labour stories as you will get paranoid and scare yourself for nothing... Hehe... Happened to me as well for my first... So just go with flow... We can deal with it as there's a reason why God made us women bear children instead of men! =P

bingtingyin

Oh I see... Ya, you did mention to Joanna that the bill won't be double that's why I am asking you lor... Hehe... Cos many told me it will be double wor... Scary... =/

Ya I also very "pei fu".... I 2.5 cm dilated already tahan until very pek chek liao... You still 4 cm... But I strapped to the bed I think very hard to try and deal with the pain... It's like you can't curl up anyway you want as there's the CTG and the drip...

Honestly, I got feeling might need induction again or csect this time round... Hmm... Scared... But think of episiotomy wound, also scared... Have to go through it again like so soon as that was like last year only lor... Not enough time to "forget it"... Hehe...

Wah you got many clothes to wash ah? All your DD one? Or hand-me-downs ah? Btw, your current one boy or girl har? I forgot... =P
Ya, I did mention to Joanna. Me trying to find my bill but til nw stil cannt find. Dun one is throw away or in the she. But can rem nt double cos if double I wil hv jump on the bill n rem it hard. Lols.. Maybe I onli use the delivery for few hrs n no epi so no charge.

Me use the gas when the pain come n it make me so 'nan guo'. The stupid CTG make us worse, cannt any hw turn I onli can hold tight to the pillow n gas mask. When pain go off awhile I hv to shake bb to move.

Something think too much it wil happen. Nt to make u worry but I rem when my #1 I also gt feel I will c-sect cos my mum also same. Haha.. Then gt frien told me, tat my 'xi' wordings stil at my main door mean it block bb come out frm bottom. (tat time jus go thru Chinese wedding) Old ppl thinking but me n tat frien both csect.

Wat u scare of csect?? Franking specking me more afraid natural birth. Afraid or labour pain n episiotomy wound. I cannt think I awake I see doc cut n stitch back tat one reason y I wan csect GA.

Few bags of clothings to wash. Some is my daughter one n some hand me downs. My #2 is a girl. Next time I can doll them together. My #1 have many clothings especially dresses (she hv a own big cupboard to put her clothings). Will nt be a waste Liao, all can pass to #2.

bingtingyin

Don't worry, you'll be fine! =)

We all have to go through it and after that, when you see your baby, all the scariness will be forgotten! Jiayou!

My advice... Don't read too much labour stories as you will get paranoid and scare yourself for nothing... Hehe... Happened to me as well for my first... So just go with flow... We can deal with it as there's a reason why God made us women bear children instead of men! =P
agree!! Every mummy experience differ things. Jia you all mummies!!

angel84

Morning mummies.. How's everyone doing?

Had a very difficult nite yest. Had a terrible stomache from 1am, it was soooo painful. Suspect i probably ate too much papaya. Tried to go toilet to see if can poo, but no dierrhea, just abit of poo. But the pain just dont go away. Felt that my stomach has alot of air. It was so pain that i felt like vomitting also. After passing out some air then about 3plus am then i felt better and is able to sleep. im so tired and sleepy now but had to get up and work.
Anyway, are well allowed to apply Ru Yi You when we have stomache or too much air? Was tempted to do that yest but didnt...

bingtingyin

Had a very difficult nite yest. Had a terrible stomache from 1am, it was soooo painful. Suspect i probably ate too much papaya. Tried to go toilet to see if can poo, but no dierrhea, just abit of poo. But the pain just dont go away. Felt that my stomach has alot of air. It was so pain that i felt like vomitting also. After passing out some air then about 3plus am then i felt better and is able to sleep. im so tired and sleepy now but had to get up and work.
Anyway, are well allowed to apply Ru Yi You when we have stomache or too much air? Was tempted to do that yest but didnt...
hello, gt to take care yourself. Stil nt feeling well then hv to go gynae hv a scan. it so tiring to wrk when u din get enough rest last nite. me also but cos by my #1.

i think can apply "Ru Yi You" cos it mean for bb so we use should nt hv pro. me still apply this medical balm on the tired legs.

angel84

hello, gt to take care yourself. Stil nt feeling well then hv to go gynae hv a scan. it so tiring to wrk when u din get enough rest last nite. me also but cos by my #1.

i think can apply "Ru Yi You" cos it mean for bb so we use should nt hv pro. me still apply this medical balm on the tired legs.
Thanks gal.. i feel better now. Was worried for my baby also. Dont know if the stomache will affect her, but she is still actively kicking, so i felt at peace, guess she is ok..

hibernate

Some people prefer to see their baby when pushing the stroller... Haha... It is harder to push in the sense that cos only the front 2 wheels can rotate but not the back 2 wheels so when you switch the stroller where baby is facing you, the back wheels will be in front and the front wheels will then be behind... As the back wheels can't rotate, it will be hard to maneuver it if you wanna turn corners as the wheels in front (which are actually the back wheels) won't turn flexibly you see... So you would have to turn at a wider angle... Erm, get what I mean?

Joanna mentioned the Miracle Turn from Combi which has 4 rotating wheels therefore pushing will be a breeze in either position... =)

Oh... I am not changing the stroller as I am thinking of getting a tandem stroller (those front and back ones) once baby is out as the age gap between my 2 kiddos are quite near... Or a carrier for baby and dear son still use the same stroller... So see how... Hehe...

Tell me about it man! I am feeling baby getting lower and lower and I now have to arch my back to walk as it feels really heavy! Oh my... My poor back and legs! =P

Haha ya... That's him ... So relaxed people will feel that he simply bo chup... But I think maybe that's cos he is so experienced already so would know when to worry when not to and not let us mummies worry unnecessarily also...

Aiyah, dont't say ! She just insist on her ways ! Even when I told her you make I won't drink then no point also mah she still make... Zzz... Yes it's very very spicy... No kidding... It's like drinking pure ginger water... No taste of the red dates or longan at all! Terrible... Ewww.... This time round I told her if she really wanna make it for my own good then please make it more drinkable can? =P

LOL! Never mind ... "Wu zhi zhe wu zui"... =P Now dont't say ... Hehe...
i get what you mean abt the "back steering" part .. lol. wah really inconvenient like that leh .. have to turn at wide angle .. i'll feel so handicapped lol

sometimes after walking short distance i feel my legs going jelly .. ugh .. really like old woman now
hahaha. and the bottom part of my spine hurts when i stand up after sitting =(

yeah i feel that if gynae didnt say anything means things are still acceptable .. if its a cause for worry he'll let us know one .. we have to trust our gynae! lol

lol you tell your mum like that she wont tell you to cook it yourself ar? hahahaha

*slap own mouth* dont say liao .. must controlllllllllll .. lol ..

hibernate

Oh I see... Ya, you did mention to Joanna that the bill won't be double that's why I am asking you ... Hehe... Cos many told me it will be double ... Scary... =/

Ya I also very "pei fu".... I 2.5 cm dilated already tahan until very pek chek ... You still 4 cm... But I strapped to the bed I think very hard to try and deal with the pain... It's like you can't curl up anyway you want as there's the CTG and the drip...

Honestly, I got feeling might need induction again or csect this time round... Hmm... Scared... But think of episiotomy wound, also scared... Have to go through it again like so soon as that was like last year only ... Not enough time to "forget it"... Hehe...

Wah you got many clothes to wash ? All your dear daughter one? Or hand-me-downs ? Btw, your current one boy or girl har? I forgot... =P
i heard many ppl telling me about double bill also if we opt for natural but later got to go c-sect leh ..

aiyo .. hope you feel better now .. in my first trimester my tummy bloat very badly every night. i apply ru yi oil .. i guess its ok since after babies come out of the womb the also use ru yi oil one .. it does ease my bloatedness .. otherwise i dont think i can sleep lor!

Thanks gal.. i feel better now. Was worried for my baby also. Dont know if the stomache will affect her, but she is still actively kicking, so i felt at peace, guess she is ok..
lol. i was constipating sometimes after i started on my iron supplements and i was so worried i "accidentally let baby slip out" while doing my business .. ok im very paranoid. i kept talking to baby and told him to kick me to let me know he's still in there! =X

maru

any mummy try clarins huile tonic oil to prevent stretch mark??

i m using cocoa massage cream now and i still get a bit stretch mark .. so sad ... wanna to change it to clarins

missesjoanna

Eh... I bought the bigger ones wor cos it states there "young coconut" but for the small ones with hard husk only states "thai coconut"... Hehe... I also don't know which one is the correct one to buy... Or whether there is any correct one to buy in the first place... I anyhow buy de lah... Got drink can liao! LOL! =D

Haha... Cos using computer today so can reply a lot! =)

Cannot nap lor today... No such luxury lor... A lot of housework to do... Wanted to nap together with DS but I was coughing so badly that I kept on disturbing his sleep so I decided not to sleep lor... =(

Haha... Your hubby so cute! Now "practising" already ah? Can't wait hor? Hehe... =P

Erm ya... Very "pantang" de... Pregnant time cannot say other people, especially other people's kids... Like how they behave, etc... Or condemn... If not later your kids end up like them... Happened to my hubby's brother... He commented that someone's kid very naughty then end up his kid also after he had kids of his own... Then happened to me too lor now! =x

Baby J growing bigger le mah... Hehe... So now "eating" into more space in your tummy... For me this time round, I don't feel such discomfort as you know, baby girl sitting quite low... But with DS, it was very painful at my rib area underneath the boobs there during the last stages of 3rd trimester... Wanted to faster give birth! =/
i think as long as it stated "young coconut" should be correct ba? butyours is bigger size ar?... hmmmm like you say got drink can liao... keke

yea he already start to practice using the stroller hhahaha...

Jialat liao lo... like i told you i always say my nephew very naughty etc! from the start i'm preggy till now i try to keep quiet... cos SIL told me before too!
like i told you hope is not too late @_@ *pray hard!!!!!

hibernate

any mummy try clarins huile tonic oil to prevent stretch mark??

i m using cocoa massage cream now and i still get a bit stretch mark .. so sad ... wanna to change it to clarins
im using it .. i've got bad eyes .. lol i cant see the condition of my tummy
but it does help in reducing the itchiness .. i use it twice a day .. once after morning shower. once after i shower after i get home from work

bingtingyin

Welcome!! think bb wil be ok. if jus stomache should nt affect her. dun worry!! monitor her kick daily but dun feel comfortable hv to go gynae hor. dun wait!!

bingtingyin

lol no choice .. jia yous to us!
ya lor. yest i jus told my mum dun cook so many ginger foods for me especially my aunite teach her cook fried egg with ginger n add in the rice wine like soup dish. she cook me last confinement i eat til i wan vomit.

She nag at me say i'm so ma fan, ask me gv her a menu daily then she cook wat i wan to eat. lols..

maru

im using it .. i've got bad eyes .. lol i cant see the condition of my tummy
but it does help in reducing the itchiness .. i use it twice a day .. once after morning shower. once after i shower after i get home from work
i also can't see it until yesterday when my hubbie playing my bump then he found out bit of stretch mark @ bottom of my bump...
go down to orchard to buy the clarins tonight ... just don't want it to get worse.

hibernate

whoa! didn't come in for the weekend so many pages already!

lol. DD was had high fever during this time. Had to keep waking up in the middle of the night to tend to her.

Just tolerate for 1 month. I heard some people even had to do their confinement for 3 months!

AngieTan - Maybe you can try going to the chinese medical hall and ask them to regarding the red date tea? I don't remember mine had ginger inside. I think it had red dates and longan, need to check with in laws what's inside as well. If sick of red date tea, they also prepared fried rice grains with ginger, then just put a spoonful into a cup and pour hot water into it. oops, ginger again!
hope your little girl is feeling better already .. you must take care of yourself too!

Last edited:

maru

ya lor. yest i jus told my mum dun cook so many ginger foods for me especially my aunite teach her cook fried egg with ginger n add in the rice wine like soup dish. she cook me last confinement i eat til i wan vomit.

She nag at me say i'm so ma fan, ask me gv her a menu daily then she cook wat i wan to eat. lols..
during confinement my mum can use 5 kg of ginger . can u imagine that ????? i m going to eat 5 kg of ginger .. oh no hahahahhahaha ... my sister juz inform me, she delivered the baby june this year