EDD in Dec 2011

hibernate

ya . yest i just told my mum dont cook so many ginger foods for me especially my aunite teach her cook fried egg with ginger n add in the rice wine like soup dish. she cook me last confinement i eat til i want vomit.

She nag at me say i'm so fan, ask me gv her a menu daily then she cook what i want to eat. lols..
haha you can do this to your own mother .. i cant .. my mother in law doing confinement for me .. i have to eat whatever she cooks .. and she eats ginger too .. cham man ..

i also can't see it until yesterday when my hubbie playing my bump then he found out bit of stretch mark @ bottom of my bump...
go down to orchard to buy the clarins tonight ... just dont't want it to get worse.
bottom of the bump! places we cant even see! it's selling at $82 right?

Last edited:

missesjoanna

EXACTLY!!! Zzz.... *roll eyes*

She insisted to put it in even though I protested so much... It was so spicy, how to drink??? After drinking, my tongue numb and I keep perspiring... Confinement period already so hot lor... Zzz... She said LAST TIME their red dates tea is like that de... So that can remove the "hong" inside our tummy fast fast... Then my MIL told my mum that ginger can put a lot in the food I having and already enough mah... Why red dates tea also put? MIL also drank and commented that really cannot "ru kou"! It's really terrible... =x

So in the end, because I did not want to disappoint my mum, I will tell her I got drink the red dates tea but secretly drink water lor... She also know de lah cos the flask always so full! LOL! =x
this time round let your mum know no need to put ginger inside. just red dates and logan. or ask your hub to prepare for you instead. is quite terrible le... cos really no need to put ginger inside

LOL! Ya ya... Good idea to keep one at each place... =)

Ours is tough stain and long ago stain that's why must soak and scrub hard hard... Like I said, for you, just use it for baby's poo poo stain... Very effective and clean... That one I swear by it... Haha! =x

NOTE : I am not a spokesperson from Pureen nor associated to any of the people who manufactured this product! Haha! =P
yea lo... luckily i bought 2 boxes just leave one at each place la. got use then use lo never use then never use.

yea lo maybe use for poo poo stain. but mum is quite stubborn though! told her when baby J poo poo and sometime yellowish hard to wash off this detergent can helps
she told me "ai no need wan la won't stain de"

missesjoanna

Hey ladies

Talking about washing, during confinement and after, r u going to hand wash your clothes since bb clothes can't mix with adult?
My friend told me can get a mini washing machine just to wash bb clothes, have u heard of it or u using it?
i think maybe i will put in washing machine and wash with baby detergent. i don't think there's a need to get a mini washing machine le...

the cramping part i agree .. somehow it doesnt look that spacious to use till the child is bigger .. i havent tried the wheels haha. hopefully this weekend hubby and i can decide on our stroller already ..

do you mean its harder to push if the baby is forward-facing? i find it a bit odd when we push the stroller and baby's facing me .. lol =X maybe its just me ..

when i got preggy and didnt know i was still drinking koi every other day! then later i tested positive i was super paranoid, i kept praying for baby to be healthy ..

and i drink mac's green tea quite often too lor .. weather so hot .. a cup of ice green tea is very welcoming leh ..
i think is harder to push if baby is facing you. Angie did help me explain the difficult part already yea. but actually i like combi is cos of baby can face me.
but then when looking at the space is abit cramp le. that's why i drop out combi and got mc claren in the end. after all, mc claren can be use till quite big.

don't worry your bb will be healthy and fine! i also drink milk tea now and then ;p and i super love green tea! before i tested, i also cold drink every single day till i tested positive. but actually dunno somehow my body is telling me to stop and careful when that time of period... hmmmm

maru

haha you can do this to your own mother .. i cant .. my mother in law doing confinement for me .. i have to eat whatever she cooks .. and she eats ginger too .. cham man ..
bottom of the bump! places we cant even see! it's selling at $82 right?
hahah my mom bo chap one, she will puts lots of ginger, my freind recommend me to buy at lucky plaza , she said cheaper .. only 60

missesjoanna

whoa! didn't come in for the weekend so many pages already!

lol. DD was had high fever during this time. Had to keep waking up in the middle of the night to tend to her.

Just tolerate for 1 month. I heard some people even had to do their confinement for 3 months!
how's your daughter? today then free to come in forum and check out posts. hope she's getting much more better.

yea i also heard some people doing confinement for 3mos! my mum asked me to do for 40 days! NO WAY!

i went to read nov 2011 mummy thread and happened to read about the delivery process. a bit the scared :p
Like what Angie say don't read or listen too much labor stories. will only scare you. i also try not to listen to stories on csect. so relax yourself okay :)

hibernate

i think maybe i will put in washing machine and wash with baby detergent. i dont't think there's a need to get a mini washing machine ...

i think is harder to push if baby is facing you. Angie did help me explain the difficult part already yea. but actually i like combi is cos of baby can face me.
but then when looking at the space is abit cramp . that's why i drop out combi and got mc claren in the end. after all, mc claren can be use till quite big.

dont't worry your baby will be healthy and fine! i also drink milk tea now and then ;p and i super love green tea! before i tested, i also cold drink every single day till i tested positive. but actually dont know somehow my body is telling me to stop and careful when that time of period... hmmmm
haha cold drinks are really hard to resist. i usually stop drinking about a week before my period is due or i'll have super painful period ..

i agree mc claren can use till quite big .. i saw kids about 4 or 5 years old still sitting in them! hahaha. that's a lot of savings liao leh!

hahah my mom bo chap one, she will puts lots of ginger, my freind recommend me to buy at lucky plaza , she said cheaper .. only 60
ginger scares me .. 5kg! damn .. like a sack of rice .. =\
i bought the oil from tins and bottles in tampines, as i work and stay near the east .. it's $61.50 ..

hibernate

how's your daughter? today then free to come in forum and check out posts. hope she's getting much more better.

yea i also heard some people doing confinement for 3mos! my mum asked me to do for 40 days! NO WAY!

Like what Angie say don't read or listen too much labor stories. will only scare you. i also try not to listen to stories on csect. so relax yourself okay :)
40days super bu! lol
and 40days of ginger diet *cringe*

lol i try not to read labour stories too .. im afraid i will scare myself crazy when its my turn

missesjoanna

any mummy try clarins huile tonic oil to prevent stretch mark??

i m using cocoa massage cream now and i still get a bit stretch mark .. so sad ... wanna to change it to clarins
clarins huile tonic oil is it the yellow glass bottle? got ginger smell? if yes, i have it and when i apply on second tri is quite hot le. and SA told me to apply after shower on damp body and no rinse off! but my friend told me is a MUST to rinse off. so end up i never use.

i only using Clarins stretchmarks cream and now using palmer cocoa butter and stretchmarks still there.

actually, u need to start applying on 2nd tri twice daily. can't totally get rid but can helps you to lighten.

anyone heard of Bio-oil? i feel like trying le heard good comments from some mummies.

i heard many ppl telling me about double bill also if we opt for natural but later got to go c-sect leh ..

aiyo .. hope you feel better now .. in my first trimester my tummy bloat very badly every night. i apply ru yi oil .. i guess its ok since after babies come out of the womb the also use ru yi oil one .. it does ease my bloatedness .. otherwise i dont think i can sleep lor!
yea i also heard abt double bills too. if go for natural and end up with complications then to emergency csect cfm double bill.

i also don't dare to apply anything around my bump unless is stated safe for pregnancy. maybe will worried la... keke

bingtingyin

during confinement my mum can use 5 kg of ginger . can u imagine that ????? i m going to eat 5 kg of ginger .. oh no hahahahhahaha ... my sister juz inform me, she delivered the baby june this year
lols.. 5kg of gingers! me dun think i can finish 1kg lor. ur sis is so good still inform u to scare u. Jia you!!

ya lor, onli can do this to my mum, MIL i also dun dare let my hubbie eat me up.

my mum in front of my hubbie saying ask my MIL help me cook for 2 weeks, then i reply her "like tat u wan me go diet for 2 weeks lor", my hubbie very fast reply me "my mum cook u cannt eat meh??"

maru

haha cold drinks are really hard to resist. i usually stop drinking about a week before my period is due or i'll have super painful period ..

i agree mc claren can use till quite big .. i saw kids about 4 or 5 years old still sitting in them! hahaha. that's a lot of savings liao leh!

ginger scares me .. 5kg! damn .. like a sack of rice .. =\
i bought the oil from tins and bottles in tampines, as i work and stay near the east .. it's $61.50 ..
i never take cold drink till i preggy ^_^ ... i havent buy stroller ...
i stay @ west but work in chinatown area so i think i better buy orchard ,,
yes can't imagine 5 kg of ginger , my sist told me that mum fried it and bring over to her house , every dish my mum will put lots of ginger + bit of homemade red wine

missesjoanna

im using it .. i've got bad eyes .. lol i cant see the condition of my tummy
but it does help in reducing the itchiness .. i use it twice a day .. once after morning shower. once after i shower after i get home from work
i also can't see the stretch marks on my tummy but i face the mirror and take another mirror to face my bumps if not ask hub! yesterday i notice that near my belly button there also have marks liao... awwww!!! i too late to apply already. when marks coming out then i gan cheong start to apply... hahhaa
should start apply twice daily since second tri.

bingtingyin

missesjoanna - how u feeling today?

me jus left the forum awhile, come back catching the post. today active again. hehe...:Dancing_wub:

maru

lols.. 5kg of gingers! me dun think i can finish 1kg lor. ur sis is so good still inform u to scare u. Jia you!!

ya lor, onli can do this to my mum, MIL i also dun dare let my hubbie eat me up.

my mum in front of my hubbie saying ask my MIL help me cook for 2 weeks, then i reply her "like tat u wan me go diet for 2 weeks lor", my hubbie very fast reply me "my mum cook u cannt eat meh??"
tell ur hubbie that MIL cook is nice but u dun like ginger haha , i also think 5 kg bit too much .. but when i asked my mum , she said the fried one nice and it is juz nice amount to consume for confinement period

missesjoanna

i don't mind my mum put lots of ginger keke...
you mean the clarins stretch marks cream lucky plaza selling more cheaper? but after give birth we can still apply right?

yea cold drinks really hard to resist la! actually me also. i will try my best to stop drinking a week before and when period comes. i ever kana 2 times need to go injection at my butt to calm the super painful cramps!!! i will be super super weak and cold sweat. dunno why will happen to me. told friends no one believe but hub witness it.

40days super bu! lol
and 40days of ginger diet *cringe*

lol i try not to read labour stories too .. im afraid i will scare myself crazy when its my turn
NO WAY!!! 40 days le! means i must follow the rules no shower no cold drink etc! if i'm staying with mum then okay la. but after my confinement, i will back hub's house liao is not easy lo!

yea i also try not to listen but read sometime i will. cos can't imagine.. there are videos for labor too! i don dare to watch lo hahahha... if i watch i sure faintzzzzzz

during confinement my mum can use 5 kg of ginger . can u imagine that ????? i m going to eat 5 kg of ginger .. oh no hahahahhahaha ... my sister juz inform me, she delivered the baby june this year
WAH! 5kg of gingers?! your mum can finish up all in a month?! although i love ginger but this is not a way ba?! abit over le

MIL cook tonic soup every week for me and i don't really like the taste so when she's not around i will pass my bowl to hub! hahahh cos he already finish up his! i don't care de.... can't force myself to drink something i don't like ma. but already told her no need to cook liao cos last tri le keke...

so your hubbie is not happy when u say that ar? guys are like that de la... but am really lucky that hub and MIL allow my mum to do confinement for me phew!

maru

i also can't see the stretch marks on my tummy but i face the mirror and take another mirror to face my bumps if not ask hub! yesterday i notice that near my belly button there also have marks liao... awwww!!! i too late to apply already. when marks coming out then i gan cheong start to apply... hahhaa
should start apply twice daily since second tri.
i face mirror also can't see.. juz apply more to prevent more marks .. ^_^

missesjoanna

missesjoanna - how u feeling today?

me jus left the forum awhile, come back catching the post. today active again. hehe...:Dancing_wub:
yea thanks! today feeling much more better. baby J kicking me keke so more relieve :D
but as usual my boobs below hard and round and like won't soft back so i think is not contraction hor?

i trying to catch up yesterday posts too... hope i didn't missed out any.

is raining soon!!! heard thunder!!!

missesjoanna

i face mirror also can't see.. juz apply more to prevent more marks .. ^_^
you try take a mirror to face your bump i think cfm can see. if not ask hub to place it for u. mine marks all in the middle.
will it go to the side ar?...

i backside itchy la 2nd tri never see any marks tht so nice and heng who knows behind all comes! @_@

bingtingyin

tell ur hubbie that MIL cook is nice but u dun like ginger haha , i also think 5 kg bit too much .. but when i asked my mum , she said the fried one nice and it is juz nice amount to consume for confinement period
lols.. i reply "can eat jus tat i nt use to it" anyway my MIL gt wrk so she will nt cook for me one. if mostly is fried one i dun mind. cos the fried fish with fried ginger i will eat. think i can tell my mum to fried me a cont then i jus go with rice or mee.

bingtingyin

MIL cook tonic soup every week for me and i don't really like the taste so when she's not around i will pass my bowl to hub! hahahh cos he already finish up his! i don't care de.... can't force myself to drink something i don't like ma. but already told her no need to cook liao cos last tri le keke...

so your hubbie is not happy when u say that ar? guys are like that de la... but am really lucky that hub and MIL allow my mum to do confinement for me phew!
me also nt use to the foods my MIL cook. me go their place hv dinner, i will snack b4 go there. so sometime i will suggest bring then go out eat. lols..

think he tired after wrk then jus gv me tat kind of comment lor. think ur MIL also no much time to do for u cos still gt a bb at hme need her to take care.

bingtingyin

yea thanks! today feeling much more better. baby J kicking me keke so more relieve :D
but as usual my boobs below hard and round and like won't soft back so i think is not contraction hor?

i trying to catch up yesterday posts too... hope i didn't missed out any.

is raining soon!!! heard thunder!!!
Good tat he kick u. ask him kick u harder. lols.. dun think is contraction. dun worry so much n hv more rest. slowly read the post, nt many.

my side look ok, hope rain after lunch.