EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Dilys

Hi dilys,
Yes I've been vomitting since first trimester, just tt it got worst lately. N I've got bad headache everyday too!
I've told the gynae about my vomitting, but she said tt since I'm gaining weight alr, it should b fine. I've tried few pills to stop the vomitting since but non help except for zofran tt was prescribed by the gynae n cuz its expensive ( £8 per pill) the gynae only gave me 8 pills, n it didn't last me long too. N so on days when I nv take it, vomitting will b bad. I didn't wan to take these pills daily cux I feel tt it is not good for baby, plus it's ex of cause. Now tt I hear all these from u I think it's better to just stick on to it, maybe I'll just head down to the gynae n ask her for more. I'm not fainting yet or anything similar, so I think she look at me n feel tt I should b ok since I have gained 2 kg till now, but I'm worried for the baby. I'm not sure by telling her I feel dehydrated so I wan a drip will work?

Hi gemini11,

If you are gaining weight.. I think should be fine. Since your gynae didn't mention that you need to admit to hospital for drip that means you are still doing well. So the problem it's your mentality towards water.. The sight & taste of water makes you puke. So you got to get your mindset right so I think you won't have a problem. Try taking sip of coke maybe see if it helps.

Too much vomiting during your late trimester is not good.. It create stress to your baby. Take fruit juice.. Instead of water if you really don't like water. The vomiting pills given by gynae should be safe.. But of cos really how strong your mind is. Can you endure for the sake for your baby.

During 1st trimester I was given some vomiting pills to standby but how terrible I feel I refrain myself from popping that. Now in my 2nd trimester, I was having flu ,cough,sore thoart once for 1wk, I refused to take any medicine.. I drown myself with 2 liters of plain water & alot of fruits everyday for 1 wk I recovered.. I had chicken soup with corydeps my cough gone just in 2 days.

Take care of yourself. Try taking alot of fruits.., fruit juice & soupy stuff.

Positive mind ! Jia you !!

Gemini11

Mummies, u gals r so helpful! Appreciate all the replies....
Ya not tt I don't like water, I enjoy water n I really hope I can drink,
Eveeytime I drink a cup I start puking, same for some juices, but I try to.
Actually I don't wan to drink anything except water cuz of the sugar, I love coke but scare of the caffeine. But cuz of my condition I'm now trying w diff liquids n I feel bad for the baby ;(

Yes I'll try to b positive n eat well ;)

Dilys

Mummies, u gals r so helpful! Appreciate all the replies....
Ya not tt I don't like water, I enjoy water n I really hope I can drink,
Eveeytime I drink a cup I start puking, same for some juices, but I try to.
Actually I don't wan to drink anything except water cuz of the sugar, I love coke but scare of the caffeine. But cuz of my condition I'm now trying w diff liquids n I feel bad for the baby ;(

Yes I'll try to b positive n eat well ;)
Hi gemini11,

If you can take coke.. Try sipping some when you feel like vomitting & during your meals. I have been sipping coke during my whole 1st trimester. Of cos sipping only not too much .. Everything in moderation. :) do what is best for you.

Now 2nd trimester, once awhile I will pamper my darling son with some coke.. Lol.. He loves it.. After drinking he will start to do his breakdance.. :)

Too much vomiting stress your baby during 2nd trimester if he/she is stress .. Movement will not be that much.

I believe that do whatever that wouldn't give your body too much stress. So far I have been coping very well, my baby is moving everyday.. alot of movements.

By talking to baby works also. Since the day I got pregnant every night my hubby will spend half hour talking to baby.. Now my baby is moving he reacts very fast when my hubby start talking & whenever I say "daddy" .. Baby will be very excited moving. :)

Don't worry.. Everything will be soon fine for you! Endure ...

Jia you !

Last edited:

Gemini11

Breakdance? Lol u r so funny!!! How u know he is dancing?
N ur hubby is so sweet, I ask mine to talk to me alr very difficult ( he is the thinker kind, less expressive ESP at home) let alone talk to baby for 30 min. The most he will do is stroke my tummy n " hello hello anybody?"

Hi gemini11,

If you can take coke.. Try sipping some when you feel like vomitting & during your meals. I have been sipping coke during my whole 1st trimester. Of cos sipping only not too much .. Everything in moderation. :) do what is best for you.

Now 2nd trimester, once awhile I will pamper my darling son with some coke.. Lol.. He loves it.. After drinking he will start to do his breakdance.. :)

Jia you !

Last edited:

Dilys

I felt the stepping movement .. :) I have been listening to classical music, salsa music & jazz since I got preggie. Once i feel the first movement of my baby.. I switch on salsa music , little one always move to the rhythm to the music very strong & fast movement, when I switch on to classical music the movement will be lighter.. and after that baby will be in sleeping mode. Then I switch on back to salsa music .. Baby jump and again fast & quick movement.

My hubby brought me to watch "happy feet 2 " that day.. During the whole show.. My baby is moving alot inside .. Very excited when the music start. Got my baby so excited that I got hard time sleeping that very nite.. Baby moving till 2am.. Stop when my hubby woke up and scold him .. Immediately stop.. :) it's a very amazing feeling..

Dilys

N ur hubby is so sweet, I ask mine to talk to me alr very difficult ( he is the thinker kind, less expressive ESP at home) let alone talk to baby for 30 min. The most he will do is stroke my tummy n " hello hello anybody?"
Hi gemini11,

Don't worry if u r lucky u will feel it in 2 weeks time :) Jia you

Dilys

Till now I only felt gentle kick ard the belly button not sure of its baby also ;(
Don't worry la.. U will feel it.. The feeling is like something moving under ur skin. Háve you start on like any playing music for your baby since u got preggie. If yes.. U can try to play music .. Ur baby should be able to react.

For me.. I have been playing classical music, watching dance show , hubby talk to baby everyday since the day I know I am preggie. So now it's easier for me.. To monitor the movements of my baby. Whenever I on my music & hubby start talking baby will start moving.

Cold weather, my baby will curl up so I dun feel the tight stretch on the side.. But if baby is stretching.. I will try to massage both side .. Baby will then curl up.

I believe in bonding with baby since the day he/she in your tummy. It will helps u alot tru out your pregnancy.. Baby will listen to u .. :)

Jia you ! !

icebaby21

Haiz... my bb dun want me to know the gender... Kekeke.. quite active but purposely use left leg to block our view. Nvm... i shall wait till end of this month for the full detail scan then look for Gynae again. Lolx... if bb still doesn't want me to know the gender then i will use sarong to wrap bb. Wahaha....

mrsteo

dilys, as i know, the baby will start to hear us when he/she is 15th weeks. So do you know whether they hear us is via the tummy or via the mother('s ear)?
i happened to stop at a ATM queuing to withdraw money and there's a drilling just beside the ATM and it's quite loud. Im not sure if that wil affect baby.. been trying to cover my ears.. but not sure will the noise enter thru the tummy? haha.. (sorry if im asking a stupid qn)

does anyone know where can i get cloth nappies?

Dilys

dilys, as i know, the baby will start to hear us when he/she is 15th weeks. So do you know whether they hear us is via the tummy or via the mother('s ear)?
i happened to stop at a ATM queuing to withdraw money and there's a drilling just beside the ATM and it's quite loud. Im not sure if that wil affect baby.. been trying to cover my ears.. but not sure will the noise enter thru the tummy? haha.. (sorry if im asking a stupid qn)

does anyone know where can i get cloth nappies?
Hi Mrsteo,

Baby will hear us via tummy.. :) haha the loud sound which we are hearing outside with never affect baby... :)BAby is protected by the aminotic fluid .. So at the most they will feel vibration.

But if people are drilling usually I wouldn't go near.. Cos" some babies are very pantang. I got 2 friends who... Encounter such cases.. People drilling they still go near & some more look at it.. End up both got miscarriage.

I don't know how true it is .. For me I will avoid. If you really need to go pass those drilling area... You should be massaging your tummy tell baby that it's ok don't be scared we are just walking pass.. This is to ensure the sound don't frighten your baby.

Hmm .. I don't know how true baby can hear in 15 wks.. But I strongly believe the 1st day baby is in your tummy.. It creates a bonding if you start to communicate with little one. Wherther baby can hear u or not still.. They can feel the love ..

Last edited:

icebaby21

Did anyone tried drinking New Similac Mums milk powder? Does the powder really dissolve in water or do u see tiny lumps of powder in it? Even if i pour hot water and it doesn't dissolve. I just can't bring myself to finish it.

Meilynn

Did anyone tried drinking New Similac Mums milk powder? Does the powder really dissolve in water or do you see tiny lumps of powder in it? Even if i pour hot water and it doesn't dissolve. I just can't bring myself to finish it.
During my 1st trimester, I tried Anmum chocolate milk. No lumps n taste beter than I expected. However, after drinking milk, I always ended up with tummy discomfort n burping so stopped. Will pick up drinking again when I reach 5 mths. Any similar experience?

icebaby21

Few days ago i started drinking similac and I had the same discomfort feeling but ended in toilet w/o constipation. But i am not too sure if I should continue. Haiz... I may take it on and off ba...

Dilys

During my 1st trimester, I tried Anmum chocolate milk. No lumps n taste beter than I expected. However, after drinking milk, I always ended up with tummy discomfort n burping so stopped. Will pick up drinking again when I reach 5 mths. Any similar experience?

Hi Meilynn,

Hmm .. U having tummy discomfort like dieherra ?

Let me share my experience.. I haven't tried any mummy milk powder. During my 1st trimester, I tried fresh milk once after taking it I got sharp pain, bloatness, dieherra & vomiting .. Immediately I went to my gynae .. I was told that I can take any milk cos of lactose intolerance. So from preggie till now I just stick to milo.

If you encounter tummy discomfort .. You should stop. Check with your gynae

Meilynn

Hi Meilynn,

Hmm .. you having tummy discomfort like dieherra ?

Let me share my experience.. I have not't tried any mummy milk powder. During my 1st trimester, I tried fresh milk once after taking it I got sharp pain, bloatness, dieherra & vomiting .. Immediately I went to my gynae .. I was told that I can take any milk cos of lactose intolerance. So from preggie till now I just stick to milo.

If you encounter tummy discomfort .. You should stop. Check with your gynae
Dear Dilys

This for your concern.

No diarrhoea n vomiting but bloated, gastric pain n Not to mention the continuous burping. Was ok wif milk until abt 6 mths ago, even before my pregnancy. Was hospitalized in May this yr n when I took milk during dinner time, suffered extremely bad gastric dat doctor was called in :( thus, when I had similar exp this time round, I stopped drinking after few tries.

Last nite had sharp cramps N pain so went to consult my gynae again. Was given salbutamol but side effect papilitation, breathless n jelly leg. Half minded if to tk the med as per instructed. Anyone took salbutamol for cramps before?

climsp

Hi all mummies!

Just back from a yoga class! Learn quite a few new moves for preggy mummy! It's fun!
you gals should try it too! :Dancing_tongue: