EDD May 2011

azzzima

I haven't add solid yet, she has light fever after 3rd jab so wait until tomorrow. Hope she likes it . Btw, the cereal u bought need prepare with milk or with water? I bought the nestle normal rice, it states prepare with milk, Im going to use breast milk, should be fine ba?
Yes I mixed with my breast milk. :) hope ur baby recovers soon. Brown rice can prepare with water. :)

Last edited:

lsy

Isy, my girl gained 450g in 5 -6 weeks, nurse said her weight is still in lower percentile, but they comment her height is in highest percentile, head is average. I'm big build, so I guess it's true like mother like daughter for her height. I'm at home these few days, her intake is lesser compare to normal day, looking forward to try Nestle cerelac normal rice tomorrow, hope she can gain more after adding solid.
Hi bbanna, mine only gained 100g a month :(

bbanna

Hi bbanna, mine only gained 100g a month :(
She still kick & kick super active everyday right? How heavy is she now? What is the record of her intake in infant care? Is it possible if u can monitor her full day in infant care to see if their feeding is not enough due to scheduled feeding? If like u said, she can drink 700ml at home, Shouldnt have prob with bottle already. Will u be able to find a nanny nearby your house at least it will be 1 to 1.

lsy

She still kick & kick super active everyday right? How heavy is she now? What is the record of her intake in infant care? Is it possible if u can monitor her full day in infant care to see if their feeding is not enough due to scheduled feeding? If like u said, she can drink 700ml at home, Shouldnt have prob with bottle already. Will u be able to find a nanny nearby your house at least it will be 1 to 1.
She was 6.23 last 2 weeks. Today at home after the 7am latch she only drink 160ml up to 2pm just now. I would say 80ml need to feed 1 whole hour. As if I'm force feeding her like that. She drink 10ml stop play. At most 20ml stop play. Last thurs n Friday was better during whole day at home she had 400-450ml in 12 hrs. Just don't understand
Yes super active in kicking still. Learning to crawl already. Infant care per day after numerous attempt of feeding only managed bout 200-250ml in 3 feed session.

bbanna

She was 6.23 last 2 weeks. Today at home after the 7am latch she only drink 160ml up to 2pm just now. I would say 80ml need to feed 1 whole hour. As if I'm force feeding her like that. She drink 10ml stop play. At most 20ml stop play. Last thurs n Friday was better during whole day at home she had 400-450ml in 12 hrs. Just don't understand
Yes super active in kicking still. Learning to crawl already. Infant care per day after numerous attempt of feeding only managed bout 200-250ml in 3 feed session.
oh your girl is so active, that may explain why she can't gain much weight, she output and burn too much compare to her intake. she loves play and forgets about hunger. my baby loves play and don't want to sleep in the daytime. even she is very sleepy, keep rub her eyes, still try to awake and kick..
maybe you can try different solid or mix with breast milk to increase her appetite ? which brand and what kind of solid you are trying now?
fyi, the result of my baby's first solid attempt is quite ok, better than we expected. she loves it and keep opening her mouth when spoon comes to her.. I had both healthy times and nestle cerelac.

lsy

oh your girl is so active, that may explain why she can't gain much weight, she output and burn too much compare to her intake. she loves play and forgets about hunger. my baby loves play and don't want to sleep in the daytime. even she is very sleepy, keep rub her eyes, still try to awake and kick..
maybe you can try different solid or mix with breast milk to increase her appetite ? which brand and what kind of solid you are trying now?
fyi, the result of my baby's first solid attempt is quite ok, better than we expected. she loves it and keep opening her mouth when spoon comes to her.. I had both healthy times and nestle cerelac.
I'm feeding her Bellamy rice cereal now. For the last 3 days at home I got feed her half bowl once a day. Infant care will start feeding her cerelac in next week when she officially hit 6m.

lsy

I seriously do not know how much to feed their little tummy so that they feel full 1 complete meal and last 4 hour perhaps. I fed her half bowl bout lasted her 4 hours also and yet she didn't cry for milk. She only babbles like talking like that a little and I prepare milk for her. As we brought her out yesterday we fail to feed her cradle position. Then half an hour later because don't wan to waste milk I offer her the bottle while my hubby carrying her upright. Yes she drink 50ml in that "weird" feeding position lor. Like adult drinking water like that. My baby doesn't want to be baby anymore but yet to learn to sip. Sigh.

izanyzam

Hi mummies..just an update..after having 2 boys,i just found out today at my 16th week checkup dat im expecting a GIRL..my prayers hv been answered..!!

azzzima

Hi mummies..just an update..after having 2 boys,i just found out today at my 16th week checkup dat im expecting a GIRL..my prayers hv been answered..!!
Alhamdulillah... Happy for u!!! :) I would like to have a boy someday. InshaAllah.. :)

Take good care must be v tiring for u to juggle work, hubby, toddler, baby, the lil one and urself. Rest well and eat healthily!

Last edited:

izanyzam

Alhamdulillah... Happy for u!!! :) I would like to have a boy someday. InshaAllah.. :)

Take good care must be v tiring for u to juggle work, hubby, toddler, baby, the lil one and urself. Rest well and eat healthily!
Syukur Alhamdulilah..thanks azzima..!! Yes its very overwhelming sometimes esp wen my younger son gets cranky and the elder one wants attention too..!! Insya-Allah i'm taking it one day at a time..anyways thanks my dear..hugs to yr baby girl too yah..!!

belovedchloe

Hey mummies,

want to check how much you are feeding your little one now.

Currently, I'm giving 5 tbsp of cereal with 2 tbsp of veggie + 2 tbsp of fruit, twice a day for lunch and dinner. She will also drink about 150 - 180ml of milk for breakfast, tea and at night.

Is that too much, too little?

lsy

Hey mummies,

Currently, I'm giving 5 tbsp of cereal with 2 tbsp of veggie + 2 tbsp of fruit, twice a day for lunch and dinner. She will also drink about 150 - 180ml of milk for breakfast, tea and at night.

Your 5tbsp cereal plus fruits n vege is 1 meal or in a day total. Tbsp is how big? Chinese ceramic soup spoon?

azzzima

Hey mummies,

Hi there

I ve been feeding my baby every 3 hrs. So abt 8 feedings daily. Still latch so not sure how much she actually drinks in total per day. Ytd she drank fr a bottle and consumed 130ml. She eats 3 times daily. In the morning, 2 biscuits. In the afternoon and evening, 3-4 tbsp of oats with prunes each. Initially we gave her porridge but she had hard stools so temporarily will feed her oats for now. Anyway read at Internet baby must drink milk at least 5 times.

Last edited:

lsy

Hi All,

We were thinking of a group gathering of May mummies outdoor somewhere in June. By then our babies are all 1 yr old already. Probably Botanic garden? Anyone keen?

We can bring our kiddo to picnic :)

bbanna

Hi, it has been a long while I did not come here.. also did not receive email alert so thought here is quiet..
my baby is 9 mth tomorrow!
whomovedmycheese, ur gal is 1 day older than mine, how is she? must be growing well, reaching to 9++kg le?
isy, my baby after 7.5mth++ totally reject bottle.., everytime have to feed with spoon... day time milk intake is about 300ml mix with cookies and cereal, also give her home cooked porridge. I still feed her at night.. what abt ur gal?
azzzima;your gal can eat 8 times a day, every feed must be short right? mine is very picky, more vege added to porridge, she refused to take already, brown rice, oat, barley cereal, must rotate everytime, otherwise boring and refuse to take too! She likes to play while feeding, each feed takes 30-50 mins still...

whomovedmycheese

I think our babies are born on the same day, 24th May. She's only 8kg. Wow your baby is already 9kg? Yours is boy or girl? Can't remember. Lol.

Hi, it has been a long while I did not come here.. also did not receive email alert so thought here is quiet..
my baby is 9 mth tomorrow!
whomovedmycheese, ur gal is 1 day older than mine, how is she? must be growing well, reaching to 9++kg le?
isy, my baby after 7.5mth++ totally reject bottle.., everytime have to feed with spoon... day time milk intake is about 300ml mix with cookies and cereal, also give her home cooked porridge. I still feed her at night.. what abt ur gal?
azzzima;your gal can eat 8 times a day, every feed must be short right? mine is very picky, more vege added to porridge, she refused to take already, brown rice, oat, barley cereal, must rotate everytime, otherwise boring and refuse to take too! She likes to play while feeding, each feed takes 30-50 mins still...

bbanna

I think our babies are born on the same day, 24th May. She's only 8kg. Wow your baby is already 9kg? Yours is boy or girl? Can't remember. Lol.
my baby is girl, born on 25th May, 1 day later than u. i remembered u becos I started to feel pain right after read your delivery post at 11pm sth.. hahaha...sounds like yesterday..
my girl is 8.1kg.. remember urs already approaching to 8kg at Nov?