EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Meilynn

Jus came back from changi hospital a&e. Doctor can't check on bb and jus did urine test. Result was clean but jus bit baterial. was advised to go kkh instead. But I wan to see my private gynae instead therefore later will go to gynae clinic. The pain was like ate dirty/wrong food, no bleed or discharge and I did poop once. Also I can feel bb movement inside. I do not know why is there pain, jus started this night. Hope everything is ok
Do tk good care. Heard tt nearer the full term mummies more prone to Urine / Vaginal Infection. Check wif ur gynae when need to do the check for infection.

Also, muz rem tt since we pregnant, normal A&E not really suitable so if any emergency, go KK hospital or the hospital u booked for delivery directly. Muz make sure pain experienced not contraction pain.

I experienced severe pain last week but due to extreme constipation. Was trying to poop for 45 mins but to no avail. Tummy cramp so so bad until I hv no energy to stand up n whole body in cold sweat. Cramp n pain come n go until I can finally clear my bowels at day 4. Really scary. Now I try to eat even more fiber n vegetables.

miracle25

i bought 1 pack of maternity pads from pureen (can find at kiddy palace). figured thicker so much cushion and scared hook onto the stitches too... do take note if you have c-sect, usually hospital will give you use the loop type. i also bought several sofy night pads (have 41cm, think thats the longest!) to use after i am done with the pureen...

kotex also has maternity pads.

breast pads, i bought pigeon 1 box. use finish already den see how. my colleague also gave me some from nuk (she said its the cheapest).. i also bought lilypads from amazon, you can buy it from pupsik website locally i think but its alot more expensive.
I went to the Taka fair last Sat.. they have Kotex maternity pads both adhesive and loop and the prices are so different.. loop ones at $1.70 and adhesive for $6.30, both 10 pcs.. didnt get any yet cos might be bringing my hubby to go again for other items.. for loops ones, how to you tie?

Gemini11

Do tk good care. Heard tt nearer the full term mummies more prone to Urine / Vaginal Infection. Check wif ur gynae when need to do the check for infection.

Also, muz rem tt since we pregnant, normal A&E not really suitable so if any emergency, go KK hospital or the hospital u booked for delivery directly. Muz make sure pain experienced not contraction pain.

I experienced severe pain last week but due to extreme constipation. Was trying to poop for 45 mins but to no avail. Tummy cramp so so bad until I hv no energy to stand up n whole body in cold sweat. Cramp n pain come n go until I can finally clear my bowels at day 4. Really scary. Now I try to eat even more fiber n vegetables.
Didnt notice the cramp maybe due to constipation, I had cramps past few days too. Then after I managed to have a " big release" ytd it went away, at least for now.

miracle25

Gemini11

Jus came back from changi hospital a&e. Doctor can't check on bb and jus did urine test. Result was clean but jus bit baterial. was advised to go kkh instead. But I wan to see my private gynae instead therefore later will go to gynae clinic. The pain was like ate dirty/wrong food, no bleed or discharge and I did poop once. Also I can feel bb movement inside. I do not know why is there pain, jus started this night. Hope everything is ok
Your situation same as me when I was in the first trimester, I went to CGH at night n they ask me go down Kk. Luckily nothing found or serious. Been consult ur gynae ASAP since we now at third trimester alr, alot of things can happen. Jia you babe

climsp

agreed w/ u, anything better go KK A&E, i told when i go KTP hospital during my stomach flu.

having tight n hard bump alot recently, think is the braxton hicks contractions, can be there for more then a hr. sometime baby's kick help abit to loosen the tightness.

selineleow

1 tangtang: 01/05/12*
2 smurfete: 02/05/12 - boy (Dr. Ang, GlenE)*
3 bleeeee: 02/05/12 - girl*
4 Carikube : 02/05/12*
5 mikko010410: 04/05/12*
6 cupcakemum: 04/05/12*
7 marochippo: 05/05/12*
8 miniclaire: 07/05/12 - Boy*
9 florence_coey: 07/05/12*
10 Izanyzam: 07/05/12 - Girl*
11 arielc: 09/05/12 - Boy*
12 Suhaidah: 10/05/12 - Dr. Esther Ng (GlenE)
13 ling02 : 11/05/12*
14 2ndtimemum: 11/05/12*
15 Sweetoothz: 13/05/12 - Girl*
16 icebaby21 : 15/05/12 - Girl*
17 gindo: 16/05/12*
18 Gemini11: 16/05/12 - boy -Dr lucky Tuan Lan (Parkway E)
19 cn211279: 18/05/12*
20 wongmeiling: 18/05/12*
21 Rukia: 19/05/12 - Girl
22 clearbluesky: 19/05/12 - Girl*
23 Meilynn: 23/05/12 - Girl - Dr Fong Yang (Mt Alvernia)
24 RedDevil: 21/05/12 - Boy*
25 milkshake: 24/05/12 - Girl
26 temari: 25/05/12*
27 climsp: 26/05/12 - boy - Dr Chen Lin Han (Mt Alvernia)
28 Rzena : 26/05/12 - boy*
29 koalarie: 27/05/12*
30 Tannie:28/05/12 - girl - Dr Joycelyn Wong (Thomson Medical Center)
31 Tataro:28/05/12 - girl*
32 mrsteo: 28/05/12*
33 selineleow: 28/05/12 - boy- Dr Caroline Khi (Thomson Medical Centre)
34 tomatoBB: 29/05/12*
35 Fanger: 30/05/12*
36 Esther91: 09/05/12 - Boy
37 Gracecwz: 31/05/12 - Boy

Her Package starts from the 20th week at $788.
Includes: Consultation, Ultrasound, Urine Test for Protein & Sugar, Blood Pressure & Weight Measurement.
Excludes: Medication, Other Test neccessary, Postnatal Visit & Saturday Surchage

Kinda exp huh.

climsp

1) does anyone know if we need to register dialect names for our babies? so far nobody mention about this..
2) when we bring the breast pump to the hospital, do we need to wash them first? I did not buy the steriliser, so should I just use warm water to rinse?
3) anyone got diaper bags already? I saw one quite cheap but wonder if it's big enough..
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=321139484578975&set=a.321139464578977.96777.313835948642662&type=1&theater
i dun know wat is the dialect name, onli will use dialect surname w/ hanyipeiyin name. scare wrg then will be a big joke for him in future.

for the breast pump- can sterliser n put in bag for so long?? tat what i am still wondering abt also. do we need to take bottles also??

for bag, i will get those Baby Diaper Bag Organizer from Gmarket. so i just need to put it inside my bag or hubby's when go out.

i pack half the bag already. except add in all the clothes onli, seem like alot to bring. poor hubby have to take so many stuff to hospital n back home..

Dilys

Hi fanger,

Its advisable to go directly to ur gynae than to any hospital. I am sure ur gynae got a emergency 24hr line that u can get tru. Actually bacterial will not cos u have any unbearable pain. As long as no bleeding or decreasing of baby movement shouldnt be problem. Maybe u should start to figure what is the difference of (pooing pain ) & contraction pain. So u won't need to keep running in n out of hospital just for minor cramps.

unbearable pain sometimes may led to some risk (like baby cord around baby"s neck)... But u will be able to feel the tugging & pulling of the cord & decreasing of movements.

Just relax urself.... Take deep breathe whenever u have cramps to Destress u n ur baby. Never force urself to poo if u cant.

Dilys

1) does anyone know if we need to register dialect names for our babies? so far nobody mention about this..
2) when we bring the breast pump to the hospital, do we need to wash them first? I did not buy the steriliser, so should I just use warm water to rinse?
3) anyone got diaper bags already? I saw one quite cheap but wonder if it's big enough..
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=321139484578975&set=a.321139464578977.96777.313835948642662&type=1&theater
Hi
1. No need to register dialect name. Usually the Chinese name will be given according to the dialect already. Eg: Tan Ah Kao ( according to hokkien pronoucation),Ng Ah kwao (according to teochew dialect).

2.usually u bring the breast pump & bottles there to sterillise at the hospital. (*even If u use warm water to sterillise ur stuff at home also not sufficient... Warm water doesn't kill baterial.. U need to use boiling water.)

Rukia

Hi
1. No need to register dialect name. Usually the Chinese name will be given according to the dialect already. Eg: Tan Kao ( according to hokkien pronoucation),Ng kwao (according to teochew dialect).

2.usually you bring the breast pump & bottles there to sterillise at the hospital. (*even If you use warm water to sterillise your stuff at home also not sufficient... Warm water doesn't kill baterial.. you need to use boiling water.)
Can I bring those sterilizing tablets and sterilize the pumps in hospital? Otherwise have to keep asking for hot water from the nurses?

Dilys

Can I bring those sterilizing tablets and sterilize the pumps in hospital? Otherwise have to keep asking for hot water from the nurses?
If u bring sterilizing tablets u still need boiling water not just hot water. So why don't u just pass ur bottles or pump n ask them to do it for u ...

Suhaidah

Ladies, anyone experiencing more pain at the buttock area nowadays? I hv this probl since pregnancy but now seems more painful n frequent. Affecting my sleep cos I cannot sleep sideways or on my back. Pillow support dun seems to help. Dare not get my hubby to massage too hard cos worried will lead to premature delivery.
Gosh, i feel you. I absolutely feel that also. butt ache and back ache and hip pain. Dnt knw what to do. Just consoling myself that it's only another 8 more weeks for me... :D

climsp

If u bring sterilizing tablets u still need boiling water not just hot water. So why don't u just pass ur bottles or pump n ask them to do it for u ...
yeah!! dun need to worry how to sterilizing the pump n bottles already!! :) just give to the nurse there to do it.

Dilys

Anyone told by your gynae to start counting your baby's movement? How to count?
Usually at 30wks .. Gynae will ask u to start counting the movements from 8am -6pm at least 10 movements during this period. As baby are usually very active at night so normal baby will Definetly move alot. During the day.. Baby won't move that much for some days but u can make your baby move.. Hmm then just count.. If he moves once then consider one time. Surely u have a way to make ur baby move right??

Sing, talk, drink water, put a cold flask on ur tummy... Listening to music. . Etc. Ur baby should be moving now ... U have to be abit more sensitive, observe & feel the movement.

Suhaidah

Hi fanger, Do take gd care. Last week, i had the same thing. Vomiting, nausea, acid reflux, bad stomach ache and diarrhoea and dr said prob due to food poisoning. But after 36 weeks, any vomiting and nausea could mean its the onset of labour. So better to keep everything under check yea.

Suhaidah

anyone start to feel baby movement slow down, but very pain?? mine not that fast anymore, like playing taichi inside, slow n strong, wonder is it due to my small bump, not much space inside.
Yeah, mine has slowed down. Read somewhere that baby at this stage would start to sleep like how a normal newborn baby will so their movements will slow down! So, i dont think we need to worry la..