EDD: August 2012

bertrande

Btw, do u ladies feel any tightening in the tummy nowadays?
sometimes one side of my tummy gets really hard, usually the right side...
It'll be hard for abt 5 mins then will slowly subside...

I asked the midwife during my antenatal class last week and she said it is braxton hicks... and not supposed to feel the tightening for more than 1hr each time... but she also mentioned that I shld not be getting it daily which I am...
I will ask my doc next week when I see her....

Anyone experience the same thing?
Hmm I have not experienced it yet, but I do feel tightening at the bottom of my bump now and then. I do not know if it's the same thing though, doesn't feel like BH.

mamamarie

I heard asthma attack is common during pregnancy... I have asthma too... but so far have not gotten any attack...
so the doc adv u to take the puff?

Read that u will get the same symptoms u had in 1st trimester in your 3rd trimester...
In my 1st trimester, I did not get tired easily ... maybe abt 5 days max throughout my 1st tri where I need to take 3-4hrs nap....
So hoping I dont get it in my 3rd tri too....

Today my baby is super active and kicking alot! and I dunno why....
Aww yeah these days the movements are stronger and mine is like clockwork... 8am and 5pm! LOL

I havent had asthma in 4yrs! The last time I had it i was overweight and after losing 20kg it left me and havent had it until last week! Since putting on weight again, i suppose that's why it's back! I have the puff, but havent used it at all, only 3x since last week. I cough more though bcos of the breathing difficulty but im trying not to inhale...

mamamarie

Hmm I have not experienced it yet, but I do feel tightening at the bottom of my bump now and then. I do not know if it's the same thing though, doesn't feel like BH.
I got it last night while lying down, like 3x in just 3mins! I panicked but then i turned my position and it left. Apparently it does go away when you move, like if youre sitting, get up and walk. etc.

zaclin29

Aww yeah these days the movements are stronger and mine is like clockwork... 8am and 5pm! LOL

I havent had asthma in 4yrs! The last time I had it i was overweight and after losing 20kg it left me and havent had it until last week! Since putting on weight again, i suppose that's why it's back! I have the puff, but havent used it at all, only 3x since last week. I cough more though bcos of the breathing difficulty but im trying not to inhale...
oh my... then i better be careful too... have not had asthma for past 2-3 yrs too....

mamamarie

for BH are we supposed to feel it at the bottom of the tummy or all ard?
It's like a pressure pulling and electricity feeling which can come fast or at a few intervals but as long as it's not a full on pressure. My friend told me that i'll know if it's real labour bcos your whole back will feel the pressure, and pulling is very strong. And the intervals for contracting gets closer and closer, like from 15mins apart and then 10, 5...

zaclin29

It's like a pressure pulling and electricity feeling which can come fast or at a few intervals but as long as it's not a full on pressure. My friend told me that i'll know if it's real labour bcos your whole back will feel the pressure, and pulling is very strong. And the intervals for contracting gets closer and closer, like from 15mins apart and then 10, 5...
not sure if mine is pressure pulling but its definitely not electricity feeling...
when it happens, it can be uncomfortable.. like u get super bloated-ness feeling...my tummy just "expand" to the max...

mamamarie

not sure if mine is pressure pulling but its definitely not electricity feeling...
when it happens, it can be uncomfortable.. like u get super bloated-ness feeling...my tummy just "expand" to the max...
Ah ok that's not BH. I got that during my 1st tri too. BH is muscle spasms, electricity zapping and contracting of your womb, below belly and sometimes sides (corners of belly). I HATE it! I can be sitting at work and I get it, or just walking! It goes away quite fast... real labour contractions is persistent.

TutTut

Mer17 - EDD 8 Aug - Parkway East (OMG! I'm the earliest??)
zaclin29 - EDD 12 Aug - NUH
Perkyperky - EDD 17 Aug - mount E
Bertrande - EDD 17 Aug - mount A
Steffywoofy - EDD 17 Aug - gleneagles
MommyDioR - EDD 21 Aug - mount A
Mamamarie - EDD 23 Aug - NUH
TutTut - EDD 26 Aug - Mount A
Bluemit - EDD 30 Aug - Thomson Medical

Add on :eek:

TutTut

hello Mummies,

thanks for all your concerns... :)
apparently, the docs have no idea what caused the food poisoning too... coz I ate the same food as my hubby... they did not rule out that it could be just severe bacteria infection... so I have no idea too...

But I am feeling good now... :) heeheez....

Hmm... I'll like to experience BH... It's kinda like a way for us to experience a little bit of real labour. So far, I've not have anything that sounds close to it. But thanks for the info, cos I'll definitely keep a close lookout to those feelings described.

Mamamarie, issit painful? *curious*

mer17

Zaclin29, guess your baby misses the babymoon holiday, that's why the kickings! haha!

I think I'm experiencing the same kinda tightness too.. and sometimes I could feel my baby on my ribs which is not comfortable at all. I doubt our tummies have expanded to the max.. guess there are more to come!! Really wondering how much our tummies could expand!

mer17

Hey shall we add on the gender of our babies too?? Like this...

Mer17 - EDD 8 Aug - Parkway East - Girl
MommyDioR - EDD 21 Aug - mount A

Add on :eek:

MommyDioR

MommyDioR - EDD 21 Aug - mount A - Girl

bertrande

Bertrande - EDD 17 Aug - mount A - Girl

Bluemit

Bertrande - EDD 17 Aug - mount A - Girl
Bluemit - EDD 30 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy

mamamarie

Hmm... I'll like to experience BH... It's kinda like a way for us to experience a little bit of real labour. So far, I've not have anything that sounds close to it. But thanks for the info, cos I'll definitely keep a close lookout to those feelings described.

Mamamarie, issit painful? *curious*
It can be painful but it's not for long, just a few shots of current under your belly like something tugging your muscles like when you get a hemstring muscle pull... you won't get it everyday, just somedays and it's supposed to be our womb contracting as a practise for the real thing. I think the real thing is more obvious bcos it's 10x stronger than compared to a BH and it will keep going and going very persistently... yikes!