EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Gracecwz

I got a suggestion. Use a thin strip of cloth or cloth diaper to wrap round ur tummy b4 u bind..it will absorb perspiration n prevent skin irritation from the tight binding. I'm doing that n it works rather well.

I use binder during hospital stay it give a very bad rashes, gynea want me to wear for 3 mth cos of csection! Just 4 day onli I got rashes! Maybe after recovers from rashes then I start bind again I actually bought another bind from http://originsjamumassage.com/Belly-hipster-wrap.html
I feel not bad but due to rashes I stop wearing!
Good suggestion rzena!

Is post natal massage using oils? And do the masseuse come to our house or how? I'm very particular about oils and I normally shower after massage cos I can't stand the stickiness. Just wondering if I shld go for a post natal massage when cleared by the doc.

I'm wearing the abdominal binder the doc gave me but I think after a while it's losing it's elasticity and doesn't feel tight anymore despite stretching it to wrap my tummy. Maybe I shld go buy a new one ...
Yes, post natal massage is about using oil, and a special kind of oil to make your body warm ESP the abdomen area n my masseur came to my hse. The oil makes u sweat to get rid of the excess water retention and wind during pregnancy. And I supposed we are not to bathe after the massage and masseur told me in order to be more effective shd wear binder to sleep. I can tahan not to bathe but I have to take binder off b4 sleeping. In fact, post natal massage can be relaxing onli during the massage but the oil and binder on d body can be quite torturing.

Meilynn

hi mummies, just wonder do u let ur baby sleep on Bouncer Netting or sarong?
Not for me. Worried my Bb will get used to the 'rocking / swaying' motion n next time difficult for us.

My nephew was used to being carried, sway n walk ard when he sleep. I stil rem when he was care off my House when I was 5 mths pregnant, no one at home n I need to carry him for 2 full hours walking ard the house. Arms n back super aching after tt. After this my hubby forbid his bro to get him to look after his son. Lol.

milkshake

Yes, post natal massage is about using oil, and a special kind of oil to make your body warm ESP the abdomen area n my masseur came to my hse. The oil makes u sweat to get rid of the excess water retention and wind during pregnancy. And I supposed we are not to bathe after the massage and masseur told me in order to be more effective shd wear binder to sleep. I can tahan not to bathe but I have to take binder off b4 sleeping. In fact, post natal massage can be relaxing onli during the massage but the oil and binder on d body can be quite torturing.
Huh. Don't shower after massage? Must wait for a while before shower or cannot shower at all? I wld feel gross and oily if I can't shower to remove the oils. My bed sheets wld b yucky too.

Meilynn

For those mummies who went thru the postnatal massage, can I ask if u add in the hot stones iin the massage too? Read abt these stones in the Internet but dunno if my masseur has these.

Also, after wrap not to shower but can we remove the wrap the next day n shower before the next massage n wrap session begins?

hink will need to buy a cheap mattress n throw after the sessions else mattress will be extremely oily.

[/QUOTE]

Huh. Don't shower after massage? Must wait for a while before shower or cannot shower at all? I wld feel gross and oily if I can't shower to remove the oils. My bed sheets wld b yucky too.[/QUOTE]

If u want to shower of course no prob just that u have to remove the binder :)
I did the massage on the floor using a mattress cos I do not want to dirty my bed. Pls do rem to buy super large size towels to lay on mattress and to cover yourselves. I find it useful.

For those mummies who went thru the postnatal massage, can I ask if u add in the hot stones iin the massage too? Read abt these stones in the Internet but dunno if my masseur has these.

Also, after wrap not to shower but can we remove the wrap the next day n shower before the next massage n wrap session begins?

hink will need to buy a cheap mattress n throw after the sessions else mattress will be extremely oily.
I shower before the massage but remove the binder before going I sleep at night. You may want to buy cheap mattress to do on floor or buy big towels to lay on mattress :)

Tannie

Huh. Don't shower after massage? Must wait for a while before shower or cannot shower at all? I wld feel gross and oily if I can't shower to remove the oils. My bed sheets wld b yucky too.
I think u r not suppose to shower after massage... Even for normal massage... Some say if u do, u will get wind...no good. U shld shower before massage...

Rzena

I got one of those cheap woven straw mats (草席) and put over my bed for the massage. Intend to just throw away the mat after my confinement.

Yup i remove the binder and do a thorough wipedown every morning and evening. Put back on again after that. Quite ok one...

climsp

How I wish to massage now, but for csection, dun think the massager lady will do tummy rite!! Wat abt apply cream n binder??

milkshake

Huh. Don't shower after massage? Must wait for a while before shower or cannot shower at all? I wld feel gross and oily if I can't shower to remove the oils. My bed sheets wld b yucky too.[/QUOTE]

If u want to shower of course no prob just that u have to remove the binder :)
I did the massage on the floor using a mattress cos I do not want to dirty my bed. Pls do rem to buy super large size towels to lay on mattress and to cover yourselves. I find it useful.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Hmm I think I'll stick to swimming. Hehe

milkshake

I'm really curious ... Saw some blogs and posting in other forums where mummies who bf are able to express breast milk and store a FREEZER / DEEP CHEST FREEZER load of milk! I mean the entire freezer was covered in nothing but milk!!

So it makes me wonder how some of these mums get to that stage? I'm trying to build my storage and right now I have about 6 bottles of 100ml each in my freezer. I pump every 3 hours now as compared to once a day. Baby takes EBM about 3x a day and it's starting to increase as lately as she latches she keeps falling asleep n wld suckle for comfort than for milk.

Just a bit worried if I can sustain this until I return to work. At least with a big freezer stash u have back up. 6 bottles is still backup but uhh not like those I saw! Haha

I'm also resisting supplements/tea to boost EBM as doc advised me not to rely on them and just do naturally.

Anyone knows or has tips let me know ;)

Gracecwz

I'm having my massage from origins jamu tmr, got hot stones. See how then tell u...

Meilynn

Dear Milkshake, I hv the same worrying tt my BM supply cannot sustain too. As of now, my gal latches on 90% of time so I pump once per day. This pump usually btw 60 to 90ml. Thus, yet to even freeze the BM suppy in freeze.

My CL was sharing tt her CL fren now doing confinement n the mummy ate 2 whole steamed fish EVERY meal. She pumps 4,5 times per day n per pump 240ml. Really alot of milk supply. For me, I ate fish every meal but only a small portion / piece. Think while this mummy really has very big n good appetite which gives lotsa milk, I will not follow suit as I m not really a fish lover. I started eating fish bcos of the BM supply.

Best of luck to ur effort in BM storage. Jia you!!

Dear Milkshake, I hv the same worrying tt my BM supply cannot sustain too. As of now, my gal latches on 90% of time so I pump once per day. This pump usually btw 60 to 90ml. Thus, yet to even freeze the BM suppy in freeze.

My CL was sharing tt her CL fren now doing confinement n the mummy ate 2 whole steamed fish EVERY meal. She pumps 4,5 times per day n per pump 240ml. Really alot of milk supply. For me, I ate fish every meal but only a small portion / piece. Think while this mummy really has very big n good appetite which gives lotsa milk, I will not follow suit as I m not really a fish lover. I started eating fish bcos of the BM supply.

Best of luck to ur effort in BM storage. Jia you!!
I think for BM supply also depends on individual condition. My granny fed all her children with BM but in those days not that rich to eat fish so I believe it has something to do with the body condition of the mummy.

I'm eating fish but can't eat every meal lor. I believe there's other food which can boost the supply as well.

milkshake

Thanks chendolgal and meilynn. I eat fish too but not whole fish. Usually a few pieces. But I drink soup some 2x a day and I really don't like drinking soup but for sale of BM no choice.

Hope we all can sustain our supply all the way!