EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Rzena

I swear by papaya and fish soup!
At first was worried about supply problem, but after drinking 3-4 bowls of the soup, my supply increased from 100ml to 170ml!!

Meilynn

At first was worried about supply problem, but after drinking 3-4 bowls of the soup, my supply increased from 100ml to 170ml!!
Dear Rzena, u referring to green payaya cooked wif fish bone soup? Isn't this very fishy? Can share way of cooking? Also, u drink every meal or once per day?

climsp

Pissed early morning!! Now I understand why alot of ppl say monster-in-law!! Call me to wake me up ask me abt baby! Ask got do hearing test cos my mother'dog bark, baby still sleeping. Ask Wat test is done? Got bath got eat!! Every day seem to report to her and FIL! They call at diff time to ask everyday! I need to sleep also! Specially I take care of baby at nite! Then keeps tell me not to place baby at rocker! I place baby in rocker to let them see at living room when they visit onli. Since can't place in rocker. I will place in bed in the room. They can't see long lo! If tat Wat they want!!

Rukia

Pissed early morning!! Now I understand why alot of ppl say monster-in-law!! Call me to wake me up ask me abt baby! Ask got do hearing test cos my mother'dog bark, baby still sleeping. Ask Wat test is done? Got bath got eat!! Every day seem to report to her and FIL! They call at diff time to ask everyday! I need to sleep also! Specially I take care of baby at nite! Then keeps tell me not to place baby at rocker! I place baby in rocker to let them see at living room when they visit onli. Since can't place in rocker. I will place in bed in the room. They can't see long lo! If tat Wat they want!!
Old folks have a mind of their own and have alot if Opinions based on their exp. My fren keep advisjng me to close two eyes and go sleep during confinement, else will get v frustrated.

My mil do help me to a certain extend but sometimes she is so stubborn and stuck on her own methods it really frustrates me. What to do, haizzzz

Rukia

Dear Rzena, u referring to green payaya cooked wif fish bone soup? Isn't this very fishy? Can share way of cooking? Also, u drink every meal or once per day?
I tried it once n it did increase my supply from 70ml to 110ml for awhile. Nw supply dropping and i asked my mum to cook it for me again. Told my mil to cook it or me but she only says worried fish will stink. Faint.. But my priority is get my supplies up.

Rukia

Thanks chendolgal and meilynn. I eat fish too but not whole fish. Usually a few pieces. But I drink soup some 2x a day and I really don't like drinking soup but for sale of BM no choice.

Hope we all can sustain our supply all the way!
I hardly had any chance to eat fish. During confinement i only had pork n green veggies.. Sianz.. Actually i dont think what my mil cooked was really confinement food.. No ginger, no wine, no fish.

milkshake

I also think papaya fish soup really helps. I drank last night during dinner. This morning I pumped 200ml in 15 mins! Usually only about 100ml

climsp

Rukia- the thing is MIL hear too much thing from other! Then everytime got new IDEA! Then she won't say infront of me or my parent. They will call nonstop to hubby or me after tat! She can't help much, so dun expect my mum to be maid to baby!! She didn't even take care of her 3 own children when baby lo! Then for baby shower, we ask her how many box of cake she want! Every visit seem to have additional box! There nvr confirm no from her!! I hint her on the my bill will cost alot! She still ask me to buy those package w/ egg, kueks, rice n cakeusy nice nice one!! Those ppl she give won't give AB also! N they wont come, have to bring over to them the cake n they r not relative also! Wat te pt of giving!! We r not print $$ one lo!

Last edited:

milkshake

Does anyone know if we did csect for first child - what is the time gap needed before we can have another child?

As tired as I am I think if we really want another child I would prefer to do it sooner than later. I dont think I can take all the late nights again as I grow older

Meilynn

Does anyone know if we did csect for first child - what is the time gap needed before we can have another child?

As tired as I am I think if we really want another child I would prefer to do it sooner than later. I dont think I can take all the late nights again as I grow older
I asked my gynae the same qn. Min 6 mths interval but preference is to hv 1 to 1.5 years for womb to fully recover.

arielc

hi mummies,

do you know when we can start exercising? i know within 4-6 weeks, we can only do stretches and light exercise.
how about things like aerobics or jogging - when can start?

btw, i had normal delivery...

thanks!

milkshake

I asked my gynae the same qn. Min 6 mths interval but preference is to hv 1 to 1.5 years for womb to fully recover.
Thanks meilynn for the info. Are u planning for no2 as well? Heh the thought scares me but I think I wld prefer to do it sooner than later. Further more I read siblings with a year apart usually end up very close like best friends.

Rzena

Yes that's the one. Use slightly ripe papaya also can, sweeter than green papaya. My mum use fish bone to cook, i find it not too fishy.

I drank for lunch n dinner over 2 days can see effect already.

Meilynn

Thanks meilynn for the info. Are u planning for no2 as well? Heh the thought scares me but I think I wld prefer to do it sooner than later. Further more I read siblings with a year apart usually end up very close like best friends.
Stil cannot make up my mind if to hv number 2. If not for the fact tt my gal will be alone when we passed on subsequently, I dun think I will hv no. 2. also, I m 35 yrs old now, cannot imagine having no. 2 few years down the road.

You really to tk the leap n plan for no. 2?

Tannie

Same here, my hubby keep pestering for no.2 but I am already 36 this year, looking after this new born already giving me forbia... Few more years I dun think I can take it anymore, physically n mentally...

Xiaoann

Hi climsp,

I also have monster-in-law! My mil called me and msg me abt 2 times a day asked me what bb doing. what can a bb do other than sleeping, feeding and playing! They come to my house almost everyday to see bb still everyday msg me. when they come my hse, my mil will keep carrying the bb for hours. i no chance to see my bb also! super pissed with her, is like her bb not my bb!

miracle25

hi mummies, just wonder do u let ur baby sleep on Bouncer Netting or sarong?
My mum insist of getting sarong.... I cannot imagine how is it gona be next time when my gal have no sarong to sleep at my hubby hse...
same here, my mum & in laws so say to get sarong then we wont need to carry bb so often & bb can slp longer; but isnt it d same if bb get used to being rock in d sarong? wat if we r outside & bb needs to slp, wher to find sarong to rock bb?

climsp

Hi climsp,

I also have monster-in-law! My mil called me and msg me abt 2 times a day asked me what bb doing. what can a bb do other than sleeping, feeding and playing! They come to my house almost everyday to see bb still everyday msg me. when they come my hse, my mil will keep carrying the bb for hours. i no chance to see my bb also! super pissed with her, is like her bb not my bb!
Now I am doing confinement at my parent's place, they nvr come everyday, but MIL visit during the day while FIL visit during the nite after work. Can't imagine if I do it at my own hse, they sure come everyday like during my hospital stay. I nvr really sleep during the 4day stay.

Talk abt NO. 2, hubby n me intend to have 2 year later, maybe no. 3 if we can afford. But MIL insist when baby is abt 4 or 5 year old then have NO.2, then stop. But I am 32 le. I cant wait too long also if we intend to have, we dun like to have long age gap lo. Can't she just shut up, we already 30 plus, can't we have our own plan. Why do we have to listen to her, she know we dun listen also, it onli make us pissed n dun like them only. I wonder after 1st mth will she keeps visit us or ask to visit her every wkend. It will be like no life for me, hubby and baby lo.

milkshake

Stil cannot make up my mind if to hv number 2. If not for the fact tt my gal will be alone when we passed on subsequently, I dun think I will hv no. 2. also, I m 35 yrs old now, cannot imagine having no. 2 few years down the road.

You really to tk the leap n plan for no. 2?
I have the same thinking as you too! I'm turning 33 next year and I have a kidney condition - so the earlier I have kid the better cos once the kidney fails, I can't have kid anymore :/ I guess if we really wanted to, I'll prefer to have it soon. Having another one wld at least provide some form of companion to my little one on future I guess. Then again I also worry about costs but which parent doesn't right? Oh well ..

Last edited: