stay with in-laws or not?

Iqa

Olaa mummies...im getting married but unsure if its a good idea to stay with in-laws or not..gd or bad idea?n y?

lsy

If u r a person with opinion and own principal - no do not stay together
If u r a person who Bo chap what others say and do then go ahead - stay together

Alisa

it is a BAD & WORST IDEAL! if you can, pls stay by yourself and only visit them every weekend!

KAmum

Stay by yourself or with ur family AHAHAHA IMO husband's mum usually can be quite unreasonable to her DIL... So no. Don't.

KiBin

try not to stay with with MIL...

not only possible that you will feel bad if you all cannot get along, your hubby will also be in a bad position..

Ekari

Most in laws just make life extra difficult for their daughter in law ... Its better to shift out but if you are moving in then do try to have more patience and understanding.

babyJuan

I agree! Why must MIL always create trouble for DIL huh? Is it bcos they are jealous that their sons sayang their wives? Haiyo. *headache*
Just don't understand why cannot stay together peacefully...

Alisa

Hi Iga, think you have not choice but to stay with MIL le... unless yr husband willing to transfer name?

Iqa

Tried talking to him..his reply wld be,'she's my mother wad...' i feel like telling him,'den dnt get married laa..' aiyaaa...
Even b4 getting married i cn feel the pressure...

allele

I have the same situation with u whereby my husband's name is under the curent hdb with parents but so far I find that living with parents in law arent that bad at all. My parents in law are very chatty, MIL everyday cook nice dinner when we are home, she is in charge of the house chores n to make sure the house is clean n tidy. I work from am to pm, without her I dun think i can enjoy watching tv, read newspaper, do my own stuff at night after work.. Probably i might still busy with doing laundry at night n headache of what to tapao for dinner everyday. My MIL is wonderful.. Dun forget to pamper her once in a while. Its about give n take! Treat them like ur real mum.. It's our responsibility to treat them nice..

KiBin

Kibin...i also dowan but the flat is his.. :(
It might not be easy but you will have to learn to get along with her... i know it's not easy as some old people just have some prejudice against younger people's way of doing things although both parties are right in their own sense...

Iqa

Im gg to rant..U guys know 'harem pants'?i wore that once..and she was like,'eeee wad are u wearing?'

n since im quite big-sized,my clothes will be fitting..fitting ok,NOT TIGHT-fitting..she'll comment that i look fat n shld wear loose clothings..uurghh nvrmind..
She nvr bothers 2 ask if we have plans on our off day..n she'll be making her own plans n tell us,eg,'get ready quick,we're gg wlds.'

I am super pissed-off with her at times..n he'll jux say,'my mother wad..nvrmind la..'
Hello,i have feelings too ya knw..
Pfftpfft...

Alisa

I have the same situation with u whereby my husband's name is under the curent hdb with parents but so far I find that living with parents in law arent that bad at all. My parents in law are very chatty, MIL everyday cook nice dinner when we are home, she is in charge of the house chores n to make sure the house is clean n tidy. I work from am to pm, without her I dun think i can enjoy watching tv, read newspaper, do my own stuff at night after work.. Probably i might still busy with doing laundry at night n headache of what to tapao for dinner everyday. My MIL is wonderful.. Dun forget to pamper her once in a while. Its about give n take! Treat them like ur real mum.. It's our responsibility to treat them nice..
i must say, u are few of those who are so lucky that your PIL are ok.

Iga... think nothing u can do and u will be like me, no matter how unhappy u are with his mom, u can never tell him cuz my husband is just like yr bf, mummy's boy.

KAmum

Tried talking to him..his reply wld be,'she's my mother wad...' i feel like telling him,'den dnt get married laa..' aiyaaa...
Even b4 getting married i cn feel the pressure...
wa if it were me I'll say then u marry her la HAHAHAH. Ok :X have you tried talking nicely to MIL??